Forceware 177.35 out at Nvidia.com

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Hollow27, Jun 17, 2008.

1. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Working perfectly fine here...

2. Matas

Matas Member Guru

GPU:
    Club3D 6950 2GB@990/6300
    How it can be so?

3. frankenberrie

frankenberrie Member

GPU:
    ATi PC 5870 1GB 875/1225
    Using Vista X64, I installed these drivers using the mod .inf (used drivercleaner 1st)

Reboot and device manger shows standard card - no drivers installed, in add/remove it doesnt even show nvidia...

Any ideas? I tried the install like 4 times

4. TheOnlyOne93

TheOnlyOne93 Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870
    Any help would be appreciated

Ok, so I downloaded the XP32 drivers, and the modded inf file. I got them all installed and everything worked fine on reboot no glitches or errors. The only problem is I lost the ability to use 60 hertz for my monitor. I have an older CRT, and if I use any refresh rate above 60, my screen starts shaking soo 60 is my only option. But all I can use is 75hz or 85hz, I even tried to make a custom resolution at 1280x1024 at 60hz and it showed up in the rez menu, but when I checked my moniter it was stilll using 75hz any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

oh forgot to mention, I'm using an 8800 GS, not sure if that matters but the more info. The better you people can hopefully help me :)

5. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    See me3850's post on page 2.

6. space_celt

space_celt New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 260 GTX
    Well, something strange is going on for a few of us. I noticed Im not the only one using Vista (64bit) and despit using other peoples modded infs, or modding my own, cant get these to install. The installer runs, gets to the load bar saying "installing driver components" which starts at about 50% complete, and then immediately and unusually fast fills the rest of the bar and says complete. then it tells me nothing has been modified.

If uninstalled and run driver sweeper in safe mode..same issue.

I can uninstall and reinstall the 175.80 betas no problem.. /boggle

I have an EVGA 8800 gt superclocked, Evga 650i mb, vista 64bit.

just fishing for ideas or if anyone has had this happen and how they surpassed it.

7. HarryRag

HarryRag Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680-DC2O-2GD5
    did you try installing the driver in safe mode and running the setup.exe as administrator?

8. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Download nvtray here, double click on the sys-tray icon then use it to revert to old control panel by ticking the 'enable all' option, then just use the over-ride refresh rate page on the old cp.

You will need net-fx 2 or later installed, you can get the 32-bit version here.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2008
  9. Weesni

Weesni Master Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3080 M10G
    Mhhh something is wrong with the hdr lightning on this driver set.

Games like The Witcher are really dark and seems to have no more or much less hdr lightning also in hl2:ep2....

Strange

Can anyone confirm this???

10. HellasVagabond

HellasVagabond Member

GPU:
    GTX260@ 702/1458/2376
    What i hate the most is when people post what others have dont into other forums and dont even make a note that they didnt mod the infs.
    So far i tested both Vista x64 and Xp x32 INFs and work fine. The XP x64 installed in 1 pc fine and in 1 not so well...I dont know wtf is going on :p

PS : These drivers are weird...They installed ok with my Vista x64 version but NOT with my brothers Vista x64....Anyone else had the same problem?

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008

11. opozoid25

opozoid25 Member Guru

GPU:
    2x BFG GTX 285 OC SLI
    I've been playing with these for several hours, and I finally have a 17x driver which is stable on my system, Vista64! IQ looks really good too.

Update: For the first time, I got the 'driver stopped responding and recovered' error message. I suppose this is better than my system completely freezing as with other 17x drivers, but its back to 169.25 for me. :3eyes:

Last edited: Jun 18, 2008
  12. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Good idea, damien666! Can't wait until you post yours! :D

;)

13. BaneComes

BaneComes Banned

GPU:
    580GTX Twin Frozr II/OC
  14. HellasVagabond

HellasVagabond Member

GPU:
    GTX260@ 702/1458/2376
    I did test my own XP 32bit INF on a couple machines and it worked. Others did too in the NZONE Forums and they said they work too......
    I cant get my Vista x64 to work on every machine though :(

15. Phyxion

Phyxion Banned

GPU:
    ASUS EAH5770 1G VT
    I had the same problem. Go to device manager and have disk. Select the inf and it'll install fine.

16. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hi mate im not upgrading now i have just got my gfx stable with 175.12 and its been stable for a month or so, so im not going to **** it up now lol, unless theirs a hugh increase lol

17. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Yeh alittle anoyying that the conrol panel is alittle messed up. Will have to wait for next driver release but it's all about the games and they rule on these drivers.

Another interesting thing is that for me the crysis benchmark runs 3 fps slower but ingame performance is alot faster, strange.

18. }{Alienz}{

}{Alienz}{ Member Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 725/1800/1950
    Benchmarks slightly lower than drivers before in 3DM 2006--> 9520 vs 9610. 3DM Vantage shows improvement though not very much. IQ is great Riva Tuner 2.06 can detect it without driver emulation mode which is nice.

19. Quad4Life

Quad4Life Member

GPU:
    gtx570 1.075v 870/2040
    these drivers have superb image quality in Ut3 and visa 64 seems a bit zippier

20. paulv2k4

paulv2k4 New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 280
    These drivers will not work at all for me, which is a little annoying.

Below is the methods tried and failed at, any suggestions welcome.

Method 1: ) Install drivers normally (obviously didnt work because they are not meant for our cards)

Method 2: ) Extracted the .exe into a folder and replaced the .inf with the one from this thread
    -----------------------------------
    The installation bar went straight accross and then stated "System has not been modified"
    Method 3: ) Modded myself my own .inf and placed in my percific card in there just for test purposes.
    Started to install like it would, reached half way said about the WHQL, which i ignored and continued and then reached the same error "System has not been modified".
    Method 4: ) Went into Device Manager and updated driver manually, it dedected the card name from the .inf looked promising and then encountered an error
    ------------------------------------

I am using Vista32-Bit SP1
    and a 8600GT

thanks for any help, hopefully my post is full enough for you.