8400 negative temps!

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by arcady, Jun 13, 2008.

1. arcady

arcady Guest

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb, oc 675,1674,2000
    [​IMG]
    This is not normal. What should i believe.
    intel e8400 oc to 4ghz at 1.36v.
    Is their something that could be done.
    I want to know the real temps

Last edited: Jun 13, 2008
  2. Norvekh

Norvekh Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080 Ti
    Ah... And the other CPU temp is reading as 95(!). If that 95 is anywhere even remotely close to accurate you've got more than just false readings to worry about. Try some other temperature monitors and see if they have different results. SpeedFan, HWMonitor, and CoreTemp all come to mind. While I doubt your chip is actually running at 95C, if it is even 75C that is already over 10C over spec for a 45nm part.

3. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Yeah use another software, hwmonitor might be using the wrong distance to tjunction
    Coretemp, realtemp or speedfan

Also try putting your CPU at stock speed for right now

Can we know what CPU cooler you have so we can know what the normal temp should be

4. arcady

arcady Guest

GPU:
    I use zerotherm-nv120-nirvana-premium cooler.
    The temps are way to high. At 1.32v at 4ghz i have 90+ degrees.
    now i use 1.20v at 3.6ghz and my temps at idle is 50C core 1 and 60C core 2. In load both cores have the same temps but very high 70-80C
    The software are not the problem. All of them say the same thing only real temp shows 10 degrees lower becouse the tjunction its at 105C...i cand modify to 95 or 115 and its +/- 10 C so its nothing.
    I know that this are not the real temps ,but now becouse it gets hotter the temps are increased and pasts 100C then shows minus. At 1.38V at 4Ghz after 2 minutes in orthos the pc shuted down becouse(i think) reached 105C and its the maximum for cpu and automaticaly shuted down, but its not real that temp.
    The f*** sensor is broken!
    By the way until now i used to have 1.32v at 4Ghz for 3 months ...the temps were 80-90 and didnt have any single problem, very good benchmarks and worked all days, but now becouse is hotter outside the temps reach 100C and i get errors in orthos. Maybe becouse is very close to max tjunction and throttels down

5. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    Answered your own question.

Use Real Temp to read your temperatures.

I'd check the cooler is mounted correctly, which TIM did you use?

6. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    ooh!! CAUTION!!!!!! if you is doing oc in cpu and/or in gpu and you haven't watercooler then you may damage (explode) cpu+mb+ram+gpu!!

7. arcady

arcady Guest

GPU:
    nope the cooler is not the problem. I instaled it corectly. At first i thougt it was the cooler but changed form stoc to nirvana 120 and the temps lowered very little.

8. Pitman

Pitman Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260
    Ive got a similar story

[​IMG]

The thing is tho the heatsink is nowhere near that hot, even when i touch the heatpipes right next to the cpu block they dont burn. So i dont kno whether its the sensors that are wrong or whether ive done a crap job putting the heatsink on. Its a right mission to get the heat sink on and off tho.

9. Billabong

Billabong Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 9800GTX
    Can you both give readings taken with Real Temp v2.6 please.

10. arcady

arcady Guest

GPU:
    Real Temp shows exactly as everest only that is 10 degrees lower. So I dont have 90C but 80C.
    the sensor ar the problem. I have 10C diference from core1 to core 2.
    The thing that pisses me off the most is that i can not have 4Ghz now. I used to have and the temps were 80-90degrees, but now becouse is summer i have 90-100 and i have errors in orthos. I have them becouse the temps are to high and the cpu throttles down but in fact this are not the real temps and the cpu is fine.

11. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    IDK, TM1 throttles back by changing the clock duty cycle, which afaik will not cause errors in Orthos. TM2 reduces vcore and clock speed which you would see in cpu-z or similar, this could possibly cause errors in Orthos by causing instability due to reduced vcore, but it's more likely the cpu is just overheating and causing the errors without throttling of any kind.

12. bellringr

bellringr Member Guru

GPU:
    BFG 7900GS OC @ 599core 799 mem
    that screen hot is running about stock at 3.0 gig and still has a core voltage of 1.36volts. Stock is 1.1 - 1.2 maybe. Isn't that a tad high for a stock 8400?