Auzentech Prelude Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by davaid, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce™ 8800 GTS Fat
    Correct, the activation key you need for DDL looks like this:
    CT0-AAA000A0AAAAA00AA

I obviously exchanged the A-Z letters with As and the 0-9 numeric characters with 0s to only show the format of the key you need be looking for, though its right in front of you once you log in to your account on the auzentech website, given you added your AZXT serial when you registered the account.

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    Registered and started the download in less then 5 minutes....
    Your personal DDL serial# is on your main page when your logged into your account.

3. Zillator

Zillator Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD4870
    I can't finish the License activation, apparently there are some problems with connecting to creative site... :bang:

4. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    May be trouble on your end because I just installed the new drivers and they connected to and activated through the Creative Site, no problem. Try again.

5. bigb792001

bigb792001 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 285 GTX (SLI)
    Still having microphone issues with this new driver. Mic will randomly stop working with teamspeak while gaming.
    Didn't think it would take them this long to fix this since creative had the same issue with the X-Fi cards and earlier vista drivers.

Will have to keep using this usb mic for now I suppose.

6. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    Perhaps you should look into something else being the problem here...I use my mic all the time while playing games on both teamspeak and Vent as well as skype and msn voip and it never stuffs up, never ever was I not loud enough.

I use a sennheiser headset as the mic/head when I do use it and generally it just works so I dont know if its the drivers that is your problem...

7. bigb792001

bigb792001 Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA 285 GTX (SLI)
    It's the drivers. These are the same problems I had with the creative X-Fi card I had before. They fixed the problem eventually. Now it's the same thing with the Prelude card and creative's drivers. They did however fix the volume issue from the previous drivers.

It might just be creative's drivers for Vista x64, I don't know if the same problem occurs with other operating systems.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  8. Zillator

Zillator Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD4870
    I was finally able to activate my license on Creative's website after trying 5 different locations (Germany worked :nerd:), maybe the site was just overwhelmed with requests.
    However, this whole procedure only shows that Creative IS indeed strong-arming Auzen, thus making their (and subsequently our) lives more difficult... :-(

9. umeng2002

umeng2002 Maha Guru

GPU:
    4080 Super
    This new process has worked perfectly for me.

10. DoctorO

DoctorO Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX Titan
    BF2142 still not working...

11. CJ3D

CJ3D Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    [edit] itunes is working fine now, the distortion was caused by a game that was minimized at the time lol

12. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    the process worked beautifully. I just wonder what's new in this drivers pack.

13. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216

Worked easily for me also. Dowloaded, installed & authorize all in about 10 minutes.
    Driver work great. Haven't had any trouble with them so far.

14. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    There is a newer Alchemy in the pack ver 1.0.0.35 with Dsound.dll from this year and the Sound font manager. I guess people been asking for it. Now they need to keep asking for the THX panel, so we dont need to use the unlocker to use it.

15. cricket bones

cricket bones Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW
    I may have seen this mentioned way back in the thread, but I'd love to have each mode retain it's speaker settings independently.

I like using the headphones cmss for gaming, but prefer to use 2 speaker for the other modes. When I had an X-Fi, this was possible.

16. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    THX certification requires royalties etc to be payed... I am unsure how they could add this feature to the card once it has been released. They could add it to the drivers yes, but they would need to pay THX for the rights to use the technologies. Maybe we will see this in future Auzentech offering.

17. Boo!

Boo! New Member

GPU:
    Asus 260 GTX
    If you have a issue with registering, as I had, you can either temporarily disable noscript if you use FF, or you can set IE as default browser while you register.

18. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Why does this activation need to go back to Creative Labs... I thought this would have been covered by Dolby since it's their license/technology, no?

19. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    is there any way to install a Prelude in Ubuntu Hardy?

20. Tinuva

Tinuva Master Guru

GPU:
    I believe there is. You will have to go with OSS instead of ALSA but it does work. I haven't tried this myself on Ubuntu as I use Arch on this gaming pc but it does work much easier than trying either ALSA or the Creative beta drivers.

I suggest this guide, it looks closest to what I had to do on Arch:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=4874981&postcount=2

And you might probably have to look at this one as well:
    http://www.4front-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Configuring_Applications_for_OSSv4

Good luck. This will give you standard sound output and mixers like in vista, but nothing fancy like ddl/openal/eax*/cmms3d/equalizer/crystallizer ect.