[XF]nVIDIA ForceWare 175.80

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by hicookie, May 28, 2008.

1. MajkZ

MajkZ New Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 8800 GTX
    Nope, all is maxed out, reverted to my previous drivers (174.74) and spots are gone....but now with older ones iam getting problems with MassEffect, when using elevators getting some graphical glitches. Gotta try some other ones, cba to reinstall every time i want to play one of those games.

edit: nvm MassEffect, seems its normal in game effect when elevator moves.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  2. Nuja

Nuja Guest

GPU:
    8800 GTS 512
    Hi all (my first post :p)
    does anyone tried that driver with ut2004 (to see if its better even if they said that it will be fixed in the 177.xx series)
    thank in advance.

3. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    1st off i think that too many noobish`s have started to download betas and expect miracles.

2nd. The fact that games anymore, have so much copy protection built into them, even getting them from the pc to lappy to enjoy the them there as well without having to burn up your lappy dvd drive is almost impossible.
    To even suggest here that folks coming to this site to get drivers, burn video game company's is just plainly wrong and an insult to all. Considering the money these folks drop on hardware alone adds to the insult
    The site admins might want to tighten the "Dumb poster belt" for awhile and get back to what it was awhile ago...
    Just one long time users opinion.:boob:

BTW. the 175.80 are a 2% avg gain on new games ie: Crysis cod4 and 3.5 % on older games gta sa tw 08 fear bio-shock etc. as far as i can see

Last edited: Jun 11, 2008
  4. LauZaIM

LauZaIM Member

GPU:
    GTX470@U2311H
    About 90% of the games coming out these days aren't worth buying. There's the truth for you.

5. _cTn_

_cTn_ Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX 980TI
    exactly

6. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Bit of an elitist attitude allup. Everyone's a noob at some time and how better to learn than post on these forums if you have probs? :D

7. allup

allup Master Guru

GPU:
    2 X SLi 2070 Super
    Perhaps :) But i do see that there are some with more the 15 posts. should they not have taken time to read and see what they are putting on or in there machines?:nerd:

Also, with a couple of the posts between my last one...Maybe if some folks ie:
    Game makers EA, Midway, Activision, and a few others would stop porting
    x box and ps3 games to pc maybe they would sell more and better games agreed? :3eyes:
    Stranglehold and Area 51 would be at the top of my lists as wastes of money
    ported games. Good thing i waited for them to come down to $20.00 US.
    I might have been more pissed then myself :bang:

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  8. n3sty

n3sty Member

GPU:
    Asus en9800gtx 512mb
    only recent games worth buying is COD4 and Race Driver Grid. (my oppinion of course), these are the only ones who bought something new to the gaming world, either gameplay wise or technical wise.

9. Lim-Dul{CoD}

Lim-Dul{CoD} New Member

GPU:
    Asus GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
    My two cents on this driver:

It has been EXTREMELY unstable in my case. After having installed SP1 the NVIDIA drivers started going bonkers on me. The infamous nvlddmkm.sys crashes all the time and NOT while playing games or running benchmarks, mind you, but when VIEWING CERTAIN VIDEO FORMATS.

175.80 extended this behavior to crashing for no reason at all. It's not my system's fault since I've been running Vista for around 1 1/2 years without a single BSoD... Yes, I'm overclocking my CPU (who isn't?) but that can't be the issue if the problems started after me installing SP1... I don't blame Microsoft for SP1 either because apparently ~30% of system errors are due to NVIDIA drivers and from what I gathered many people are having the same problem and have been having it for a long time.

I don't overclock my GPU and I tweaked the fan to run faster when the card gets hotter anyway. My CPU isn't unstable, too, since it's an E6600 running @3.2 GHz with a slapped on top of itNoctua NH-U12P! It didn't fail when running burn-ins for several hours straight.

Grrr - screw you NVIDIA and your inability to fully adapt to the Vista system architecture. I guess it'll take some months to change the drivers to work well under SP1 again... Going back to 175.63 which were pretty good although they crashed from time to time as well - just not as often.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    ^ These are leaked drivers dude. Nvidia didnt release them. They may work well for some and may not for others. I have Vista SP1 and no probs with these at all. What works good, keep it, what doesnt, move on. Thats the way it is with drivers.

11. Lim-Dul{CoD}

Lim-Dul{CoD} New Member

GPU:
    I'm fully aware of the fact that these drivers aren't supported by NVIDIA. However, I get the odd driver crash here and there after playing e.g. .WMV-s (of all things 0_o) using the official WHQL drivers, too...

I just wanted to vent my anger at these drivers in particular but then at NVIDIA in general. ;-)

Remember how it contributed to Vista's infamy by releasing unstable drivers in the early days of the OS which on top of that performed like twice worse than XP drivers (nowadays Vista is usually faster than XP in games, we had to wait like a year for that moment to arrive). Some call it "teething problems", I call it bull**** because devkits or alpha and beta releases of Vista had been available long before the official release and NVIDIA had all the time in the world to adapt.

12. comrade53

comrade53 New Member

GPU:
    Twin EVGA GTX295's
    Tried the 175.80 ones, but cannot enable SLI. Tell it to run SLI, says it will, reboot, and SLI is still disabled!

Dropped my 3DMark06 score 2000 points with them.

I'm back to the 169.21 drivers that came with my 8800GTX OC's. Seems the best ones I've been able to use with this 790i Ultra MB.

13. Azerathan

Azerathan New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 XXX
    Problems with 175.80

Hey guys, perhaps you can help me, since I´ve been upgrading from drv 164.44, it has been a constant missfire, every time I used my PC, it randomly restarts the system with a previous black screen flashing for like 20 seconds and then it the PC becomes completly black screen and need a full reset.

Anyone knows something like this?, mi PC is not overclocked at all and the GPU has not been overclocked.

Thanks

Dr. Mariano Santopinto

14. Lim-Dul{CoD}

Lim-Dul{CoD} New Member

GPU:
    Yes - that's pretty much what is happening in my case as well. Are you watching any videos before this happens? =)

There's no working solution to the problem I'm aware of although a plethora of potential fixes have been posted all over the internet (I tried all of them). If that happens to you then you're probably just unlucky and all you can do is flame NVIDIA at every opportunity. ;-)

Follow my example. :-D

P.S. When I spot the drivers are about to fail (in my case they usually make the screen flicker once quite some time before complete failure) I usually go for a reboot to make sure that I don't lose system integrity. This problem made me resort to watching videos on Linux where I don't have any problems at all which again confirms that it isn't a hardware-related problem like something overheating (I checked the sensors anyway) or a too weak power supply as some kilowatt freaks are claiming. ;-)

15. H-Ackermans

H-Ackermans Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX550Ti
    No luck here.

After installing and re-booting, at shutdown it gave it's first BSOD.

And after the second BSOD I reverted back to 175.16.

I'm on Vista 32bit.

16. Pheebau

Pheebau Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GX2 1GB DDR3
    I did several 3DMark06 runs with these and I constantly loose 1200 points... ;-(

175.16 are faster, at least in 3dmark06 but I keep getting hard-lock freeze in AoC...(the only game am experiencing this and am not overclocking)...750w PSU too...

17. ToxicStatic

ToxicStatic New Member

GPU:
    (2) XFX GeForce 9600GT 512MB SLI
    These drivers worked great for me I've had no issues with Crysis, Mass Effect, UT3, or Bioshock and I'm running SLI enabled / Vista Ultimate 64bit. =)

I'm still getting the Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered when I enter servers while playing CoD4. That seems to only happen in SLI mode. =/ I've tried quite a few drivers and still not found any that fix that. Anyone that might know how to fix that please point me in the right direction thanks in advance.

This is my first post here on this forums, looks to be a great community, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

peace =)

18. carini

carini Member

GPU:
    EVGA 7900GT 256
    These drivers work great for me on everything I have tried so far.

Running Vista Home Premium 64.

19. guru169

guru169 New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 8600GT 512MB
    175.80 with good feedback?? NO way!!!

This driver is lame. It dropped my FPS and stuttered in video when i am playing COD4, which ruins my mood to play.

Even watching a video, it stutters

Bad Driver!!!

20. ToxicStatic

ToxicStatic New Member

GPU:
    (2) XFX GeForce 9600GT 512MB SLI
    Well after weeks of troubleshooting I found something that works for my system!!! no more nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered error!!!

1) you will need the path to your nVidia drivers mine is as follows:

C:\NVIDIA\WinVista64\175.16\English (your path may be different including the driver number!)

2) Open the to the command prompt with administrator rights and navigate to your driver folder in my case: C:\NVIDIA\WinVista64\175.16\English

3) type the command expand.exe nvlddmkm.sy_ nvlddmkm.sys Once that is done you will get two lines of code saying:

Expanding nvlddmkm.sy_ to nvlddmkm.sys.
    and the other explaining the amount of bytes that were expanded. You can close the command prompt at this point.

4) Now you can copy nvlddmkm.sys and paste it into the System32 Folder.
    (mvlddmkm.sys file you just created will be in your nVidia drivers folder mine was was in : C:\NVIDIA\WinVista64\175.16\English)

maybe this will work for some of you with the same problem. =)

~Toxic