NVIDIA ForceWare 177.26 (All Flavors)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by OniKeaton, Jun 10, 2008.

1. RamGuy

RamGuy Master Guru

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
    For me too, but have you tried to enter Canibal Cave?
    The worst performance ever in there

2. Pheebau

Pheebau Member

GPU:
    EVGA 9800 GX2 1GB DDR3
    I did this as I'm the only user (Administrator) on my system ;-) I looked at the XP-64 bit .inf file and it did not have the 9800 GX2 entries.

I guess I could add them as I just found the procedure here:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2620046&postcount=83

Are you running XP-64 bit too? No worries though.

Cheers

3. LEXX911

LEXX911 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 950
    Wow, another ****ing POS driver. Second day using this I'm getting "Display Driver nvlddmkm stopped responding". Back to 169.44. The only driver that have not giving me this error.

4. HarryRag

HarryRag Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX680-DC2O-2GD5
    if your sig is up to date, then i see one difference between me, frenchk and and the other 2

SLI that might the big problem of cod4 or just the new drivers or the combination of it.

but in xp i run at 120hz on vista with 86hz, still in my Iiyama vision master pro, great crt monitor, gonna make the step to tft soon, but the 24" screens are a bit to expensive atm, at least the ones i have my looks on.

btw, 174.74 runs tremendously here on xp sp3

5. gunslinger

gunslinger Master Guru

GPU:
    1 EVGA GTX titan 6gig SC
    Was having trouble with lag in rb6 v2. Smooth as butter with these guys. Hope the next 177's are even better. And thanks for the guys who added the modded inf file. I'm good with hardware, but kindda cr@ppy with software :bang:

6. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    I appreciate your help, but...

My monitor only has a DVI-D video connector.

Even if I tick 'Allow modes not exposed by the display' under Manage Custom Resolutions in Control panel, I still have to manually create the 1920x1440 resolution instead of selecting it from Desktop>Properties>Settings>Screen Resolution (slider).

I also noticed the modes.txt is much smaller in the 177.26 than in any of the other 17x series.

Also, there is a 'nv4_disp.cat' Security Catalog file in 177.26 that I do not see in other drivers.

HaZe303 mentioned something about editing the modes.txt file earlier in the thread?

Copying and pasting the resolutions from another driver modes.txt is not working. So, how do I "edit" the modes.txt to get all my resolutions back?

And I still am getting the DirectX error in 3DM06.

I did notice that I got 100FPS for a few seconds in the Return to Proxycon benchmark, which I never had with any other driver. I was hoping to finally break 14K, but it always crashes after Firefly Forest with the error.

Anyone?

7. JFarque

JFarque Member

GPU:
    3 GTX280's water cooled
    I'm getting corrupt textures in Age of Conan too, as well as lower fps than I get with the 175.80s (which have been great for me).

I am using SLI with two 8800GTX's.

8. Mineria

Mineria Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3080 Ti
    Which motherboard are you using?

9. dsgreen30

dsgreen30 Member

GPU:
    2 AMD Radeon HD 5870 1GB
    Guys, hate to be lame, but can someone post the link to Vista64 drivers again (with modded inf)?

The original links are dead, and looking through 14 pages of the thread for the link is makin' me dizzy!

Thanks!

10. JFarque

JFarque Member

GPU:
    3 GTX280's water cooled
    My machine is:

eVGA 680i
    Water cooled i6700 @ 3.5GHz
    4GB RAM
    RAID 0 drives
    2x 8800GTX

11. Sneakers

Sneakers Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti Windforce
    Tried modded/infed Vista x64 drivers with Age of Conan, fps is OK.. removes stuttering but it creates mayor graphic bugs so these are a no go for me I'm afraid.

12. scottsmi

scottsmi Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY XLR8 GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB
    Installed Win XP 32 driver with modified INF...so far, so good. IQ is very nice. "Mass Effect" seems to run a bit smoother. Haven't checked a lot of games yet, but the few I have seem to be working well. HL2: Lost Coast gained several FPS. A keeper so far, until the next release that rolls around here in the next day or two...:)

13. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    gota test *_*, btw at the guy above, finish mass effect, final scene its ****ing awesome T_T

14. Wintrmte

Wintrmte Member

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 295
    Interestingly enough, I am getting corrupt textures in AoC also, using the same motherboard..

My specs are:
    eVGA 680i
    Q6600 OC @ 3.0ghz
    RAID 0 drives
    4GB RAM
    9800GX2 (stock speed)

15. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    For the first time ever I'm struggling with an nVidia driver.
    I can't get these to install, even using device manager in safe mode. Yes I have a modded .inf.
    I go through the full procedure of uninstalling existing drivers using add/remove programmes. Reboot into safe mode and use Driver Cleaner. Reboot pC and whichever way i try to install these it is a no go. My graphics card is detected correctly but after about 5 seconds of the install I get an error message saying "Wrong OS".
    There are a few posts on the laptopvideo2go forum from peeps who are having the same problem.
    My thoughts up to now is that it could be an XP SP3 compatability problem.
    any ideas anyone?

16. HaZe303

HaZe303 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 Super
    I get some issues on UE3 based games? Performance is good, but in UT3 i get some weird artifacting, and some kind of flashing?? I dont know what to call it, but its like when thunder hits, it flashes all white for 1millisecond?? Its not all the time, but from time to time?? Never seen that before, this is on my HTPC Geforce 8800GT. Havent tested on my 8800GTX yet? Anyone else with similar problems?? Im not 100% sure its the drivers, but im sure its not overheating or anything. Max temp on the GT is 58c, have Xigmatek Battleaxe installed on it as a cooler, which is great!! Recommend to anyone, even on GT/GTS with only 2 heatpipes touching the core. Will test the game again and see if the issues are still there, it could be Fraps or something else in the background causing it. Will test without fraps now.

Sounds like you got the modded inf for Vista or something, or maybe its for x64?? Have you checked?

17. Black_ice_Spain

Black_ice_Spain Guest

GPU:
    5700XT
    only way i could install was with original inf, i forced by windows and installed driver for "260GX" it detected as a 260GX but was working well,

anyways with my 9600gt i lose 1fps in crysis bench, and more in cod minimums while playing, so back to 175.80

18. Boifido

Boifido Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260 SLI
  19. Arctucas

Arctucas Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2080 FTW3
    @HaZe303,

How about some pointers for modifying the modes.txt?

20. DooGie

DooGie Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 SC
    Checked, double checked and checked again.
    I'll just hang around until we get a new official beta :D