Rivatuner Fan Options - Please Read

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by crabman, Jun 1, 2008.

1. crabman

crabman Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 250
    HI GUYS
    I am having some problems with increasing the fan speeds on my graphics card - its currently running at 60% - 1500rpm's - thats what everest says and i believe it as this card is so quiet i cant hear it - it would be nice to up it a bit - even in games and benchmarks the fan speed does not increase neither the rpm's - so quiet - rivatuner does nothing - weird - is there another way i can control this ,would be good to know,for such a big card it is damn quiet and temps on idle are 52 and under load 68 - not bad - with a bit more control i think i could significantly lower them.thanx in advance - much appreciated
    regs
    paul

2. boogieman

boogieman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080X
    Did ya check the stickie for a guide?

3. foci

foci Active Member

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX460 1024MB
  4. MrWoo

MrWoo Active Member

Dude, if your temps are 52 idle and 68 load, you are doing pretty well. I have an evga 88gtx, and I run pretty much like you temp wise, only my idle is at 60% & underclocked, and load is at 100% fan and stock clocks. I have 5 case fans married to speedfan too that ramp up and down.

Quickly, you can use a reg setting to disable the auto control on the card. Normally even if auto temp is on, at your temps, auto mode will not kick in. Then normally you just go into low level fan settings, and uncheck auto and set to manual. Set your speed to like 80 or something, and apply. If that works, then you can make some scheduler items.

Or, you can fiddle with your auto fan parameters after a reg setting unlocks them. That way you lower it's thresholds for what temp it starts increasing speeds on.

Sorry I don't have the exact info, but many of the fan profile questions have the exact info in them.

good luck.
    MrWoo