4x 6400C4DHX compatability?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by steveyh13, May 30, 2008.

1. steveyh13

steveyh13 Member Guru

GPU:
    evga gtx 260 core 216 SC
    hi there i bought 2x1gig of the corsair cm2x1024-6400C4D RAM about a year ago because i bought a new pc,

a few weeks ago i purchased another 2 gig of the 64000C4DHX ram and i had trouble getting it to pass memtest without any errors,

the reason i ordered 2 gig more was because i didnt want to replace the 2 gig that i already had (plus it was more expensive to buy 2x2gig)

however i cannot stop the system from randomely bluescreening...i cannot pass memtest and i've tried fiddling a little with the voltage and timings and even downclocking to 600 mghz ... but nothing seems to be working,

at the moment the system runs on 5-5-5-12 T2 800mghz timings with a voltage of 2.1v, any help would be VERY appreciated

the motherboard is a striker extreme, and i have already RMA'd the RAM once and they said there was no problem with it (passed memtest for 10 cycles) however even when i use the 2 new sticks by themselves i cannot get it to pass memtest

my previous 2 gigs of ram runs rock solid, no errors in memtest, and i ordered the new ones from the same link of the website so they should be similar products....

2. Aquarad

Aquarad Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro 480/4Gb
  3. steveyh13

steveyh13 Member Guru

GPU:
    evga gtx 260 core 216 SC
    sorry that was a typo, its 5-5-5-18,

after further testing i have concluded that only one of the sticks is broken (it gives errors, even though the other stick doesnt at the same settings)

however the company i purchased them from has said there is nothing wrong with the RAM, even though i have tested different slots and even different computers and have had the same results (one stick being damaged)

they then charged me for the service ... how unfair

4. Aquarad

Aquarad Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro 480/4Gb
    Depends on how they check. I'd OCZ and Crucial duals. In both cases one was faulty, sent back the package and got new ones. No constant problems, just error in Error Viewer and Memtest, none in applications!

5. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Hi, like you I had 2 of the exact same RAm and bought 2 more! Then I got errors, but mainly on start up. I found that updating my mobo to the latest BIOS fixed the problems. I'm now running 44412 at 2.1v, no problems. Shame about your supplier being crap, i have found these DIMMS excellent!