Best mobile Graphics Solution?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by AT39, May 30, 2008.

1. AT39

AT39 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVga nVidia 7600GT PCIe
    Is there any comprehensive list of mobile graphics solutions ranked by speed that isn't based solely on a 3DMark score?

I have been scouring the internet, and am in the market for a relatively affordable gaming laptop, but don't know how the mobile graphics solutions compare.

I know how nVidia cards compare to nVidia cards, but I don't know how ATI cards compare to ATI cards, or how ATI cards compare to nVidia cards.

I would greatly appreciate any help,
    Thank You!!

2. RandomUserName

RandomUserName Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY 8800GT 720/1740/950
    i was searching and found this from another forum. starts old but has been updated for the past couple of years. last update was about two weeks ago:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showthread.php?t=39568

no benchmarks, but you might find some good starting info there. i actually was helping a guy on another forum last week and someone linked a site that has exactly what you are looking for. for like 100 cards lol. i'm gonna search for it some more and post back if i find it. the forum with the link is down atm so i can't retrieve it. i will when its back up, however. it was a good chart. also if i find it beforehand

lots of time on my hands this evening....

EDIT: ok, here it is. yes, lots of 3DMark stuff, but also a fps count for FEAR and DOOM3. older games, but everything being relative it should still give you a pretty good idea. just remember to check the FEAR and DOOM3 boxes at the top to show those results:

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Mobile-Graphics-Cards-Benchmark-List.844.0.html

i have little knowledge of mobile gpu's but maybe someone with more knowledge can look at the chart and chime in....

Last edited: May 30, 2008
  3. AT39

AT39 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVga nVidia 7600GT PCIe
    Thanks, that forum post you linked to was exactly what I was looking for!!