Proposed Treaty Turns Internet Into a Virtual Police State

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Guru3D News, May 25, 2008.

1. Guru3D News

Guru3D News Ancient Guru

Leaked documents are one of the banes of modern western politics. They reveal exercises and actions being proposed that are generally objectionable to the public. Such a leak occurred with the Anti-Counterfeiting...

More...

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    As sad as it probably sounds, I personally think that parts of this "treaty" will most likely be implemented in one way or the other (Germany for example is thinking about making it illegal for its citizens to create user accounts under fictitious names.). That there is just the power of money and businesses speaking.

Hopefully the pendulum will swing back into the other direction, though, as it usually does.

3. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Guest

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    Seriously soon we will probably need to ask for a permission on when to breathe. What a load of crap is this.

4. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    gonna be a good time for contractors looking to build more prisons so fater over 50% of a countries population becomes imprisoned we will start to go to prison to be involved with other people because of lack of other people in the real world.

Just BS but u get what I getting at if not oh well

5. Liranan

Liranan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 6870 1000/1200
    And how is Germany going to enforce everyone use their real names? There're millions and millions of email addresses, forum accounts, game accounts and all other kinds of accounts registered in Germany alone which have been done using fake or non-existing names. Are they really going to track down every single account and check whether real names have been used or not? I would love the Germans to try this, welcome to a few hundred years of backlog as everyone can just keep on creating fake accounts just to keep the system busy and I bet this can be botted. Not living in a 'Western' state myself I would participate in any calls to undermine this system.

6. Gromuhl'Djun

Gromuhl'Djun Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070ti
    With these measures, it'll be illegal to download to a FREE linux distribution, as you can't have p2p without making profit anymore. Nice :S

And they want to do it internationally. The land of the free indeed and the European gouvernment is very willing to lick the dogsh*t of the US' bootheel.
    Ah well, when someone is pointing a gun at your head you still have the freedom of choice: comply or die! Whoopdeef*ckingdoo....

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  7. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    What country is this originating from?

8. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    The US, who else would consider measures this draconic?

9. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Er... THE UNITED KINGDOM?!

10. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    lol, or both

11. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    Hmm, true :bang::p

12. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    I'm not implying that the UK is worse than America (I have no idea), I was merely giving him an answer to the question of "who else".

13. Gromuhl'Djun

GPU:
    4070ti
    But anyway, they effectively want to destroy the internet with this. Other countries like China, India, or countries in the EU would be ill-advised to listen to the US. They do not depend on it (rather, the US depends on them) so why comply to draconic rules from a part of the world with an incredibly declining economy struggling and bullying to get some more money?

Last edited: May 25, 2008
  14. Ghz

Ghz Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800ultra 256mb
    yeap not only this but also they want to convert the internet over to web 2.0 which will be owned by major corperations and heavily censored.

has nothing to do with creativity and functionality as "they" claim

and gues how they're going to distroy web 1. simply not update and maintain the hardware. ie let it crash.