Guru3D Won't Load From Home IP

Discussion in 'Network questions and troubleshooting' started by LedHed, Apr 15, 2008.

1. tuco

tuco Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 460's
    I use IE7 with no add on's, I may try a another browser.

2. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I did a trace route on my home IP but I forgot to link it to tinypic, I will get it up tomorrow for sure.

Here is something I know for sure. No one around my apt on any network using Road Runner Cable through Time Warner can access Guru3D forums. I can only access these forums when I go onto my school's network. I tried 4 seperate computers on 4 different operate systems (XP, Vista 64, Linux, Mac) on 3 networks around my apt and none of them could connect to the forums.

What is going on here guys? I will be back on tomorrow with my trace route.

3. chickenRUN

chickenRUN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 7950
    Sure sounds like a ISP issue, since everything on guru's side is fine. Contacting your isp may be the only way to resolve the issue (as mentioned before by finch).

4. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    So just call them and tell them an IP that will not load? Or is there something more to it?

5. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Absolutely .. and point them to this thread if possible.

6. mystic_pr0ject

mystic_pr0ject Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780Ti 3GB
    not sure if its allowed but out of curiousity have you tried

www.anonasurf.com (or similar) ?

I can connect here ok with it... but thats not much help as I can get here normally anyway

7. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Trace Route:

[​IMG]

Hilbert: I can not get my ISP on the phone ever, much less tell them a webpage isn't working. Is there a better way than calling?

8. zinjin

zinjin Guest

GPU:
    Evga
    Could you post your IP Config?
    Start > run >cmd
    ipconfig /all

To me it still seems like a DNS resolution issue.

9. mystic_pr0ject

mystic_pr0ject Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 780Ti 3GB
    where did you get the IP 204.8.240.1 from, it appears to be in the US

try 85.12.17.138

10. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Here is my IP config

[​IMG]

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Not really, but try mailing them.
    And indeed ... try a proxy server, anonymous browser. Should work as well .. yet usually dog slow I'm afraid.

12. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    Are you still having issues?

Can you please let me know your home IP address, your external one, not your LAN IP.

13. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    I am still having problems in my apt at school, however I'm visiting home right now. My IP is above in the two screenshots I posted.

Also guys anonymous browsers don't allow you to go on to forums, they make you pay if you try. Does anyone know of a place that does allow forums?

14. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    So you're able to get on at home now?

I've recently just changed something on the forums, depending on the load it may change back.

15. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Finch I'll let you know if the problem has been fixed when I get back to my normal location.

16. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    Same problem is happening at my home IP. I can load the forum front page with an anonymous browser, however when I try to login it tells me a free service can't allow forum posting.

17. CommandrX

CommandrX Guest

No problem here connecting using Time Warner's RR in WNY with both Business and Residential services.

I know you said you where not running any type of firewall...but are you using Peerguardian at all? Also did you check to see if your host file like zinjin suggested, and make sure it was not modified by someone f&*king with you?

18. Finchwizard

Finchwizard Don Apple

GPU:
    -
    So it was working, now it's not?

19. LedHed

LedHed Banned

GPU:
    BenQ FP241W
    It was never working from my home IP at college. I am on Road Runner Internet through Time Warner Cable in Raleigh North Carolina, US. I'm not sure what is going on but I don't know how to fix it. It is on their end and I have no way to contact them on this type of problem....I miss the forum :(

20. Chibby

Chibby Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 9800pro 128MB @ 418|381
    Maybe there is a MTU (Maximum Transfer Unit) problem .. some routers don't support large MTU values.

Run the Registry Editor (start -> run then type REGEDIT).
    Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\Interfaces.
    There should be several subkeys under the Interfaces key; most likely, you'll find three or four. View the contents of each key by clicking, and find the one that corresponds to your primary network adapter;, it will be the one with more values than the other two, and will have an IP address value set to something like maybe 192.168.0.1
    Once you've found the correct subkey, create a new DWORD value in it (Edit -> New -> DWORD Value), and name the value MTU.
    Double-click the new value, choose the Decimal option, and type the MTU value 1492
    Click Ok when you're done - you'll need to restart Windows for this change take effect.

If the above doesn't work try a radical number like 1400. If that works, you could raise it again, till it stops working again. Just find the sweet spot.

If the above doesn't work at all - either delete the DWORD created or set it to 1500.

~Chibby

EDIT:
    just read about vista having s/t like an autotuning network stack ... the stuff i posted is true for XP machines. maybe also for vista .. who knows .. (os-x rox :))

Last edited: May 21, 2008