Race Driver: GRID

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Gameslove, Dec 1, 2007.

1. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
  2. krisby

krisby Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970
    please to get it working here, I've been running the omega 7.12 drivers apparently without a hitch, but the menu was unreadable in GRID, so I upgraded to 8.4, ran fine then.

Being a sim fan I was expecting this to be pooh but was surprised at the fun, a basic arcade racer, the FF was not perfect on my G25 but better than some games, and I certainly didn't experience any canned sequences as suggested by some.

I'll certainly consider it for the "blat" factor.

(a side note, thankfully updating my drivers beared other good fruit, found out Call of Juarez has awesome heat waves in the desert, up to now I thought the graphics, but they are quite good with the added features 8.4 allows).

3. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Well here's a screenshot of my settings, worth a try:

[​IMG]

You'll need to create a new prfile add grid.exe as the executable and then choose 3-way sli as the method and only click dx flags 14 and 22 with all the rest uncheckd, you can check how well sli is being used with the sli visual indicator which can be turned on from the nvidia control panel. The visual indicator also helps determine whether the selected method is working correctly.

[​IMG]

4. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Cheers will try that when i ge home from work. Also where isthe performance tab , to set it to high quality .

Cheers:)

5. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

You can find it in the nhancer profile section labled enhancements also available in the nv cp once the progile is created, also according to 9800gx2 owners on the nvidia forums the dirt sli profile (same as above) is working fine.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=112986&page=2

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2008
  6. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    You are a star, cheers pal.:banana:

7. RavenY2K3

RavenY2K3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 MSI Gaming
    Has anyone experienced a problem with the game like me?

when i load a game the cars stay in one spot destroying themselves. Almost like the physics are messed up?

And even in the menu, the car in the garage does the same thing?

Any ideas?

8. Back5tabber

Back5tabber Guest

GPU:
    KFA² 670GTX OC 4GB
    Try reinstalling and see if you have updated all your drivers and maybe check the ReadMe in the Grid main folder for some help. And also make some screens and maybe a video sounds like a cool bug :p

9. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    That is awesome solid 60 fps apart from incar then it is 45-50 . Thanks alot how many other games work better with custom sli profiles?

10. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Generaly speaking the sli profile provided by nvidia drivers performs the best and you would only need to create a custom sli profile if this is not provided, most games should work with a custom profile using nhancer but it's a lot of trial and error and unless you have a solid lead such as that provided by klambre regarding the dirt sli profile as they are implementing similar graphics engines.

11. BIGWORM

BIGWORM Guest

GPU:
    Sparkle GTX 260 SP216
    Hmmm. I figured out the problem with my PS2 controller. Apparently the game doesn't like setting controls both analog and digitally at the same time (had gas and brake on X/Square). Just setting steering and accel. to the analogs and everything's honky dory now.

12. THEBIG360

THEBIG360 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Phantom 670's SLI
    Would the same apply for pro evo then? Pro evo 2008 dosen't have an sli profile but the other pro evo's do.

13. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Incidently I answered that same question and found a fix right here:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=260994&highlight=nhancer

Edit: Lol, my bad, that thread explains how to enable aa in pes2008 using nhancer, but to answer your question It crashed windows when I tried using the pes 5 or 6 profile but selecting afr and the afr2 swirchbox worked fine however I did get a flicker at first but using alt+tab fixed it.

If you want to enter it manualy its simple alternate frame rendering with the following directx check boxes: 16,17,22,25

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  14. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    I recomend XBOX360 controller for this game, the game autodetect adjusts all parameters.

And thanks to two front triggers with axis can have great control over brake and gas, very usefull to drift, and leave right stick for see arround.

15. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    I assume you dudes are talking about the PC demo right?
    Well downloaded it and ran it. Stunningly beautiful. Not to sure about the touring car handling!!!
    I have one bug, I cannot change car view, the "C" key bind does not work. I even hanged it to another key "x" and still not working.
    love the replay.

16. klambre

klambre Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5870@ stock
    Is not a bug, is a option before the race, under profesional mode, if u select yes only copit view is alow.

17. RavenY2K3

RavenY2K3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080 MSI Gaming
    Heres a screen shot of the menu, with the self destructing car?

[​IMG]

Re-Installing didnt help either, i may download it again, the orignal dl was from gamers hell, could some one give me a link from where they got it from that know its working.

:D

18. lmimmfn

lmimmfn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070Ti
    ^lol, sorry thats funny, i feel your pain though

19. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2008
  20. dshramek

dshramek Guest