RT Vista UAC Workaround

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by FlyingHorse, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlyingHorse

FlyingHorse Guest

GPU:
    Intel UHD Graphics
    Retrace your steps. Make sure you install RT correctly first. AFAIK no one else has reported any problems with SP1. :cool:

2. Bo_Fox

Bo_Fox Active Member

GPU:
    4870 1GB, 8800GTX
    Mine was fixed by reinstalling with the little file called Rivatuner209Drv.rtu in the same folder as the installer and also copied over to RT's directory (open it with Notepad and you'll see where to place it). Now, I do not have to press F8 or use task scheduler.. splendid!

3. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW
    Tested and confirmed working and needed in Windows 7 64bit UE beta1

4. sm007h

sm007h Member

GPU:
    NVidia 8800 GTS 512mb
    This is all I did to obtain the same results with RT 1.22 under Vista x64 (less steps):

The first thing I did was that if I set the task to start at user login rather than system startup since RT would not show up in my taskbar unless I started the task that way. I guess if it doesn't matter, then you don't need to do the following: I set the task to trigger "at launch of any user"

As long as you check off "Run with highest privileges", you don't need to do:
    This might be necessary if you edit the manifest and do the other steps, but this method doesn't require any of that.

The second thing I did was I used RivaTunerWrapper.exe because that's the .exe the startup entry RT will put in the registry. I'm not sure of the differences between launching that or RivaTuner.exe, but I thought I'd mention it since it's the one the program uses itself.

The third thing I had to do was set up my low-level driver control settings to launch at start-up within RT itself. I did this by setting up a launcher item and then scheduling that launcher item to start when RT starts.

If you like this method better, or if 1.22 proves to be unsuccessful for some with your older method, feel free to post this in the opening post. Thank you for your method as it gave me the foundation upon which to experiment and develop this (to me) easier way of doing it.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Easier way....just disable UAC...problem solved.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Thread is now locked per topic starter request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.