What Grinds your Gears?

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Jeremy, Apr 27, 2008.

1. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    What grinds my gear is when someone online uses capital and lower case words for an example, "ArE yOu GuYs MaD?" it's just annoying and another thing is when my friends always say the same crap they have said before.

2. PFX_79

PFX_79 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256mb
    When the guy you covered for (claimed he was so sick he couldn't finish his shift) shows up at a bar later that same night...

3. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    Do you mean like bLinkZor ?? :p EDIT: Yes I know, I know, my name as well... supposed to be just "HyBrId" though but it was already taken apparently?? :3eyes:

What grinds me is talking to girls on msn when they say Hey, how are you, wubu2 then end of conversation.. :/

But more importantly what really grinds me are people who are good at absolutley everything and what's more, they don't let you forget it! One kid in my English class is pissed off because he got all 20/20 on his 6 English courseworks except one, where he got 19 and was bummed about it. Gratz, my highest was an 18 with the rest 14s and 15s... That really grinds me ;)

HyBrId

4. bLinkZor

bLinkZor Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 FTW SLI
    No, nick names are fine, but when people do it consistently that annoys me alot.

5. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    going to work
    day in and day out, 6 days a week, 10 hours a day and no vacations allowed cause were "too busy" as the boss puts it. especially this time of the year when its really nice out
    it doesnt gind my gears so much as it breaks them
    all work and no play makes xrc6 a disgruntled mofo

6. tHe_HyBrId

tHe_HyBrId Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6950 (Unlocked)
    Ahh Okee fair enough, I see your point now. Anotehr thing that grinds me is when someone texts me and it's so distorted in text speak (1337 5p34k :p) that I have to literally translate it...which is why I spell out all of my words. Oh and on the same note, people who write their school work in text speak really grind me as well...unless you're sitting a text speak exam, it's really very dumb ^^

HyBrId

7. Andrés

Andrés Guest

There's a certain frequency in the sound of water falling on water that makes me go Mr. Hyde and feel the urge to throw dishes to the wall (although I never did). Don't know why, but it really grinds my nerves.

8. Vi3trice

Vi3trice Member

GPU:
    BFG 9800GTX+ 512mb
    "Sorry, but..."

That and when people say it in a smart ass tone. I don't know why, but it pisses me off when I hear it. Or grinds my gear in this case.

9. Rochin

Rochin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX460 EE 1GB
    Software pirates, they are pussy douche bags.

10. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    people who brag about being the best ever at something and then turn out to be ****e

11. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Someone parking a lorry in front of the building and leaving the engine running, which produces a low rumble that makes my windows and my skull resonate and stinks up the whole neighbourhood with its diesel fumes.

12. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli

lol somebody had the nerve to just park there car in our drive blocking it for half a day wothout asking

13. nwc

nwc Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970
    Women with fake, stick-on fingernails. How the hell is that supposed to look attractive. TGMG.

14. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    three other things i remembered that really grind my gears.

1) people not returning carts at stores to where they should be, or at least to a remotely reasonable location. i.e. not leaving the cart near/against someone's front fender, or randomly scattered in parking spaces because their a** is too lazy to walk a rather short distance to put the damn thing into a cart return, or walk it to the store.

2) along those same lines.... when people actually DO take the time to push their cart back to a cart return.... but just shove it in and walk away. all you wind up with is a huge cluster-f*ck of carts that sometimes don't even fit into each other, filling up a rather large cart return with probably a dozen carts, when if used properly it could probably handle 50+ carts.

3) people who don't know what the hell a parking lot is. It's a place to park, not a speedway with no lanes allowing you to drive freely between any car, or cut through the entire length of the parking lot just because there are no cars parked there. That's why they have LANES. that's also a good way to cause an accident. douchebags. Think that's something else that should be on the road test portion of someone's drivers license stuff. The proper way to go through parking lots. even though 9 out of 10 people would probably think it's bullsh*t 5 seconds after the license is in their hand, and just speed through the damn thing anyway like there's no tomorrow.

Just remembered a 4th thing along THOSE lines too. when people don't know how the hell to use a merging lane to get onto a highway. you don't stop and wait for an opening..... unless the highway is crowded like hell. if there's a few cars on the road.... try to get as much speed on the merging ramp as possible before you reach the end so when you DO get onto the highway, you're at least relatively close to the speed limit on the highway, unlike how stopping at the start of the ramp usually means you're onto the 55mph highway by the time you're doing maybe 30. Even worse is the people that stop on the ramp... but at the END of the ramp. Even my friends think i'm doing it the wrong way when i look to see if the road is clear in the lane i'd be merging into, and just stepping on the gas to pull out in front of a car that is reasonably far back.

So many things about other drivers just piss me off. no wonder i hate driving.

15. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    People do that in the US?? If some one did that here they would kill some one. I think it's classed as dangerous driving. Then again I suppose 'single lane carriage way' speed limit is 60 and there are millions of T junctions on to those in the UK.... hmmm I suppose a 55 road isn't that much different from one of those.
    Seriously though, if some one stopped on a slip road onto some of the motorways in this country it would be an instant pile up.

16. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Stopping on the slip road is fine, so long as it is your only choice and not a result of you driving badly.

At least, that's what I was taught here in the UK.

17. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Obese smokers with handicap placards on their vehicles.

18. Jazza104

Jazza104 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1GB 4870
    People who don't know their own mobile phone number.. (I work for a telecommunication call centre)

19. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Well if no one lets you in, and the traffic is tightly packed, you have no choice. But you can't stop otherwise. You'd be an obstruction to cars coming up behind... you can't stop on a motorway, even the slip road part of it.

20. Andrés

Andrés Guest

That's a winner. In your place I would feel compelled to respond with a variety of ironies :devil: