mech warrior living legends

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ken nordoff, Apr 17, 2008.

1. ender7074

ender7074 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 8800GTX 768MB
    Why is it you think that amatures would have any less skill in game desin than so called "experts"? Counter-Strike was made by "amatures". Same with Day of Defeat, Desert Combat (which the dev team was hired to make Battlefield 2), Team Fortress, and a multitude of other games. Frankly, I'd rather play a game made by someone who loves the genre than by someone doing it only for a paycheck.

2. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    He just means that don't expect the same graphical glory as with Crysis, they are a small team with no income so it's hard to keep up.

3. ken nordoff

ken nordoff Active Member

GPU:
    8800 GTX
    I know they don't have deep pockets of cash or somebackers like EA games.But that hasn't stopped them.So stop complaining.Rome wasn't built in a day.Besides these people are creating this for our us to enjoy playing what was and still one of great games of all time.

4. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    WHO IS COMPLAINING?

I know they're doing it for fun, that's the same reason I'm doing it.

5. ken nordoff

GPU:
    8800 GTX
    If they are using the crysis engine.Which they are the graphics should be the same as crysis would not one say.This would mean that these mechs should really be pretty realistic and weapons which looked good but the effects of them hitting a target was a bit to be desired.Now saying that using this new engine should really see flames and explosion as missles plow into your enemy butt HA! HA!

6. Zapmaster

Zapmaster Sherlock Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon 4870
    I just said that I doubt their ability to make a proper Mech game, most mods I've played are ****, and these guys have no previous experience with game design, nor a budget, so it makes a lot more sense to be sceptical than to assume that's it's going to end up being great. Look at the features, besides the fact that single player isn't mentioned and that whole thing sound a lot more like a Battlefield game than a Mechwarrior game, they've got some ambitious goals to say the least. Either way, even if this ends up being a fun mod, I think it's clear that they aren't exactly building a Mech simulator. So I don't see why Merchwarrior fans should be so thrilled about this mod.

7. PHJF

PHJF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 970
    Because it looks very faithful to MechWarrior and it's been a long time since MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries was released, and CryEngine is the perfect engine to be doing a MechWarrior game in?

8. PFX_79

PFX_79 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 7800GTX 256mb
    Agreed, not to mention it's the closest thing we've seen to a MW game since good ole microslop canned the MW 5 project.:bawl:

9. ken nordoff

GPU:
    8800 GTX
    Bill gates/microsoft won't let them totally reinvent the game.they have to follow the same path as the original series.In other words same mechs only better than the original.Still microsoft is getting something out of this and that is another game that uses DX 10.

10. KEZZA

KEZZA Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX 670
    Me thinks
    *skiddywinks should post said google results*

Side note
    *mechwarrior 2 had the best intro ever(love the timberwolf) dow 2nd

11. ken nordoff

GPU:
    8800 GTX
    The pictures of mad cat mark 2 are awesome.Hope they don't change this one.The fire power should be as good if not better than the original.

12. ken nordoff

GPU:
    8800 GTX
    the new scenes are quite good and some of the mecs are quite awesome.At least this will make it to our PC not that crysis will make any other games for PC in the future.