ATI releases hotfix for AGP cards

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by C_A_T, Apr 18, 2008.

1. C_A_T

C_A_T Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7850 OC
    DAAMIT has just released a hotfix that fixes issues with Catalyst 7.9 or higher in combination with AGP cards. This Catalyst 8.4 Hotfix is available for both Windows XP (32-bit and 64-bit) and Windows Vista (32-bit and 64-bit) OS.

The fix deals with errors with DirectX based games where Direct3D fails to initialize, DirectX Diagnostic test which fails in both XP and Vista and fix for Vista score that magically drops to 1.0 in this combination.

The new hotfix supports all the AGP cards from 9500 series, all the way to HD 3850 AGP series cards, like the one we tested. So if you are still using AGP based system, you can find the hotfix here.

2. Acleacius

Acleacius Member

Thanks for the link. :)

Sadly this looks like, *With Control Panel Only* version or at least that is my guess at 31 meg.

3. C_A_T

C_A_T Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte HD7850 OC
    You know something, I think your getting a little critical about this. I've read a tun of posts of people on here complaining about how ATI isn't servicing the AGP sector, and then bam they come out with a fix for everyone. I didn't think it would have been taken as a sad thing. Maybe they waited too long and now most everyone has moved on to pcie... and all that's left are the picky ones, who need something to pick at, sadly.

;)

Last edited: Apr 19, 2008
  4. sdack

sdack Banned

GPU:
    ATI Radeon X850XT AGP 256MB
    Its just that the hot-fix does not fix it for everyone. It appears as if this hot-fix is the same thing as the AGP hot-fix for 8.1, 8.2 and 8.3. You have to agree that if there was an improvement on this issue then the hot-fix would have become an integrated part of the driver by now. It is an ugly solution for a problem. People have to criticize it.

However, I bought me a brand new 9600GT. I want to see how green the grass on the other side really is. Most I can tell for now is that my side has some brown, dead spots and I am standing on it.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2008