Koss Porta Pro

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by Biges, Apr 18, 2008.

1. Biges

Biges Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    I got new Koss Porta Pro. Great headset, I'm surprised it is not amongs recommended headsets. The price was good nad the sit very well.
    Only a minor question - what purpouse have these blue switches labeled "Comfort zone". They do not seems to hold into positions and always fall back to firm... well, maybe I got it now :)

2. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    good BUDGET headphones if you like lots of bass and don't care much about the rest of the frequency spectrum :cool:

3. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Yeah, exactly what I need lol!

Headset I've got doesn't produce bass, or very little :(

What I mean is bass you can feel :p

At least I've still got the Z-2300 speakers to produce bass that I can feel going through me :D

4. Biges

Biges Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    Well, I'm not exactly into bass :-/ But I heard they are overall good. On www.headphone.com they say:
    "Koss Porta Pro - Excellent inexpensive headphone: great sound, lightweight, good ergonomics, groovy LIFETIME warranty."

I would go for Grado SR 60, but it is not sold in Europe.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2008

5. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    too bad about the Grados...

I had the Porta Pros back in the late 90s and they were nice but compared to the Grado SR80s I got now it's no comparison. Too bad they're not sold in Europe (at a reasonable price). I was talking to another member in Europe and he was saying the Sennheiser line is similar in price to what they are in the USA (unlike the Grados). Since that's the case I suggest looking at some of them if you want a nice pair of cans. I would recommend Grado and Sennheiser as great models of cans. :)

6. Biges

Biges Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    So you say they are better then Porta Pro? Which would you recommend? I like ... what are they called... half-open? And nothing expensive. Thanks :)

7. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    can't recommend much I haven't bought in a while and I don't know much about the cheaper models compared to my knowlege of the more pricier models...

8. Biges

Biges Member

GPU:
    8800GT
    Heh, I'm always suspicious of more pricey products, about "snobbish effect" (or whatever is this economic phenomenon called in English) :)

9. N0sferatU

N0sferatU Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ultra
    I hear ya but I assure you Grados and Sennheiser are high quality products in sound quality. :cool:

Now I'm not the type of person to throw $300+ into a pair of headphones but if I can find an entry level high end headphone I'll jump on it.

Look at the Senneheiser 595's. Those are supposed to be great and if I were to pick a Sennheiser that's the one I'd go with. :cool: