Cat 8.4 released

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Adenan, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Adenan

Adenan Member

GPU:
    Powercolor HD4870 512MB
    [​IMG]ATI (AMD) just released new Catalyst drivers with revision build 8.4 for their Radeon line of graphcis cards.
    Highlights of the Catalyst 8.4 Windows release include:

ATI Catalyst support for Stanford Universities new beta Folding@Home GPU client (for the ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series, and ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series)

• <LI class=MsoNormal>Stanford has recently release a new Folding@Home GPU beta client, found at http://folding.typepad.com/news/2008/04/gpu2-open-beta.html and is supported on the ATI Radeon HD 2400 and higher and ATI Radeon HD 3400 and higher series of products under Windows XP and Windows Vista. (Currently only one of the GPU cores on the ATI Radeon HD 3870X2 can be used by the new beta Folding@Home GPU client)<LI class=MsoNormal>The new Folding@Home beta GPU client delivers significant performance improvements in folding calculations, and enables users to fold far more complex proteins<LI class=MsoNormal>Please see the Stanford’s FAQ for more details about their new Folding@Home GPU client http://folding.stanford.edu/English/FAQ-ATI2<LI class=MsoNormal>Note: The new beta Folding@Home client still has some known issues (Multi-GPU CrossFire configurations under Windows Vista do not currently work with the new client, and in certain conditions, crashes can occur when running the new beta GPU Folding@Home client concurrently with 3D applications or playing back video content.) Please submit any crash reports and please tell us about any issues on the Folding@Home forums (http://foldingforum.org/) in the "Beta testing the GPU2 win client subforums.
    • We invite everyone to join the ATI folding team (team number 51394) regardless of whether you’re using the CPU client or newest beta GPU version of Stanford’s Folding@Home client.
    Resolved Issue highlights

• <LI class=MsoNormal>Unreal 3 engine based games(Unreal Tournament 3, Gears of War, Bioshock, Rainbow6 Las Vegas) Forced AA support under CrossFireX configurations: Users can now enable Anti-Aliasing in the Unreal 3.0 engine (DirectX 9 mode) games using the Catalyst Control Center in CrossFireX configurations. <LI class=MsoNormal>Company of Heroes: Setting the in-game options to maximum levels no longer results in the game exiting to the desktop after the game has completed loading. <LI class=MsoNormal>Crysis: Setting the Catalyst Control Center->Advanced View->3D->Standard Settings to Optimal Quality and having certain in game option settings no longer results in the game failing to render properly. <LI class=MsoNormal>Doom 3: Setting the in game options to Ultra Quality and the screen size to 1600x1200 no longer results in the image next to the text failing to be rendered. <LI class=MsoNormal>Hellgate: London: Flickering is no longer noticed when quitting and then relaunching the game when the in-game setting are set to their maximum levels. <LI class=MsoNormal>Lost Planet: Setting AA to either 4x or 8x no longer results in the game failing to respond. Further details can be found in topic number 737-28492 <LI class=MsoNormal>Tabula Rasa: Setting the graphics option to enable Deferred Lighting and Dynamic Shadows no longer results in corruption being displayed.
    • Tomb Raider Anniversary: Performance improvements are now noticed when playing the game with CrossFire™ enabled.
    Download :
    [​IMG] ATI Catalyst 8.4 Vista (64-bit)
    [​IMG] ATI Catalyst 8.4 Vista (32-bit)
    [​IMG] ATI Catalyst 8.4 XP (32-bit)

2. Mr.StanleyDudek

Mr.StanleyDudek Master Guru

GPU:
    VisionTek HD 3870 X2 1GB
    DOWNLOADING!

From the release notes:
    "The Windows Vista operating system no longer fails to respond when running
    the Auto-tune utility found in the Catalyst™ Control Center OverDrive™
    option."

Because this was in the release notes, I'm going to install CCC this time around and try Auto-tune.

Also in the release notes...
    "3DMark05/06: A performance drop is no longer noticed when running the
    benchmark under Windows XP."

I'll also be running a benchmark... :3eyes:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2008
  3. zigihammer

zigihammer Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060
    great info!!
    THx Dude.

4. RejZoR

RejZoR Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870 Silent
    Just bump up the sliders to the max lol.

5. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    At last, let's hope they worth the wait.

6. tuco4

tuco4 Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 9800 GTX+
    I can't install these, i get a can't find the file specified error message.

7. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    can someone post the driver pack version please? :p cause i installed the station 8.4 beta drivers and someone said those were final.

Mine is:
    Driver Packaging Version 8.475-080318a-061734E-ATI

Thanks

8. RBEJ

RBEJ Member Guru

http://www.station-drivers.com/page/ati catalyst.htm

Catalyst 8.490

0804110513-8.49-080409a-062639E-ATI

DriverVer=04/09/2008, 8.490.0.0000

---------------------------------------------------------------

Catalyst 8.460 Official version released today.

0804071158-8.476-080328a-061009C-ATI

DriverVer=03/28/2008, 8.476.0.0000

9. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    gonna DL the 849 one instead lol, wonder whats the difference

10. Gucci

Gucci Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
    So what... the new drivers arent the newest? Those beta drivers are newer? wich should i get, the official 8.4 or the 8.? ones from that site u linked too?

11. tuco4

tuco4 Active Member

GPU:
    Zotac 9800 GTX+
    Those station drivers (vista 32/64bit package) are only 64bit, where are the 32bit vista ones ?

12. NvidiaFreak

NvidiaFreak Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 7660D
    one beta and one the final verison. but its better to try it your self because people have difference computers and difference problems and if the final work better on your pc then ok but if the beta work great on your pc then its the same, see what i mean lol.

13. Gucci

Gucci Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
    Well the final works very nice with Assasins Creed, Crossfire is enabled. And yes i get like 100 more in 3dMark06. no biggie. These seems to be nice drivers :D :banana:

But i still get the UnFocus bug in Assasins Creed. (Forexample when u are eavesdropping, the focus goes blurry like hell)

14. sutyi

sutyi Member Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 660 OC 2GB
    Ey, imho thats has something to do with the depth-of-field effect the creators used. Generally if you are focused on a target / enemy / whatever, depth of field becomes active.

15. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    some reason, the 8.49 drivers makin my display less than my monitor screen no matter what resolution im at.

edit: fixed it my the scaling.

The driver version looks to be more new, but it says its Cat 8.1.
    [​IMG]

16. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    lol gd news though ive just installed 8.3 and hotfix =(

17. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    This driver's a keeper for me! I'm finally able to run Assassin's Creed and GOW w/o fail. The hotfix driver had issues with these games, at least it did for me.

18. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    8.4 arn't installing for me. missing INF it says... also, when it DOES install.. when i reboot it says theres no ATI driver installed.. I check device manager and says missing or corrupted driver... the 8.49 ones work fine

Last edited: Apr 17, 2008
  19. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    ATI did not do jack! I mean come on, 2 games fixes for XP and like 7 for Vista which is pathetic . Take a look at 7.12 ,18 game resolved issues for the Windows Vista and 8 for XP. Looks like ATI is getting lazy ... sure they have fixed $hit load of other stuff (not game related) BUT PC games should be the first main concern for them ,especially for Vista.

20. LiQU!D

LiQU!D Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5770 1GB XfireX
    ^^ LOL @ THIS GUY

I was with nVidia for bloody ages before I went with ATI with my HD3870.

6600GT -> 7800GT -> 7800GT -> 7900GT -> 7900GT -> 7950GT

They didn't do ****. You should stop complaining and start to think that hey... "AT LEAST ATI ARE DOING MORE THAN NVIDIA!"