-=The Guru of 3D rig gallery rev.2 Part 3=-

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by John, Mar 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    yeah. It is cheap A-DATA ram but works @~1000MHz just fine :)

2. allesclar

allesclar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070
    sweet rigs guys, ive done my pc up jsut need to fine time to take pictures.

3. Triple-FX

Triple-FX Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 770 GTX 2BD OC edit.
    yeah i'm also not a hardcore gamer and i'm happy with what i got. The BS rocks the place man!:cheers:

4. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    GC_PaNzerFIN > the red looks awsome!

5. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    -_-" Yep Cables are a problem, it just the case, the Antec 900 lacks quality cable management. Im gonna try and find sometime this sunday and give it another go (rebuild it and re-wire the damn thing) or just wait until i can afford to get another case.

Though im thinking of getting a new mobo and going crossfire as my currentboard is a 650i Mobo. Or getting myself 2 9600gt's/8800GT's. Just gonna wait and see =/

6. GC_PaNzerFIN

GC_PaNzerFIN Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 + AC Xtreme
    thx. I'm glad you guys like it. It took about 9 months to finish this build tho. Let me explain why...

hardware tested on this rig:
    E6320
    E6750
    Q6600 G0
    eVga nForce 650i Ultra + custom cooling
    Asus P5N32-E SLi Plus
    ASUS P5E X38
    X800XT PE
    Sapphire HD 2900pro@xt
    Sapphire HD 3870 reference cooler
    Palit 8800GTX
    Asus 8800GTX
    Club3D HD 3870 X2
    Sapphire HD 3870 w/ one slot cooler
    4x 1GB A-DATA 800mhz
    2x 1GB G.SKILL 800mhz
    Antec Sonata Piano
    NZXT Lexa Blackline
    zalman 9700nt
    2x BeQuiet! Dark Power Pro 750w
    lots of HDDs
    3x sound cards

:bigsmile:

7. x-speed69

x-speed69 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti Lightning
    haha it's fun to change components all the time isn't it :D

8. LahiruRD

LahiruRD Guest

GPU:
    SLI GTX 680
    Soon I will post pics of my Ultimate PC :banana:

9. OCZ

OCZ Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 570
    Benching, testing memory shot's :eyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2008
  10. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    OK folks... I thought I'd share this with you as I have decided to upgrade the ol dog!

Been using the same old case pretty much since I first started getting into PCs. I'm trying to pin a date on it, but its stretching back 10 years or more. However i really cant believe the Cheiftec Dragon (Mid) has been around that long!

Lets just say she has out lived her useful life as of three hours ago when the new gfx cards were put in!!
    I'll let you look at these quick shots I took, spot the obvious issue!!

Her in mid update. Excuse the wiring... I like it neat but during updates I tend to rip out most of the wiring to get it just perfect.
    [​IMG]

Hmmmmm....
    [​IMG]

Basically I underestimated how long the two new cards were going to be. Now there is no room in the case for the pump. I had planned on watercooling the two new cards as I like silence, well we can safely rule out that with this case.
    Potentially getting the cosmos s to house all of this in, but would like to see coolermaster release the window that they have had problems with.

Rig:
    Intel C2Duo 6700 (not OC'd but can run easy @3.5)
    Asus P5N32 (680i)
    Corsair XMS2 (1Gig x 2)
    Inno3D 9600GT x 2 in SLI (not OC'd yet)
    PSU is the Enermax Liberty series 680W
    Watercooled with the Swiftec Ultra kit, GPUs going with D-tek if in stock or swiftec.

11. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    Ant, basically you just need a case that is longer as opposed to wider. I'm sure that Cosmos S will take care of that. ;)

Also, don't forget to clean and rewire all your stuff. Looks atroshish if I do say.

12. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    You can and did say the wiring looks crap! I agree. I tried to route the wires in various ways in the vain attempt at getting more room, but alas its no good.
    Also the new gpus jam the HDDs in their cage with makes the sata connections a nightmare, virtually nothing i can do. Man, she was so pretty before. Kinda like a milf of the PC world!

Only thing with the cosmos, is the side panel. I can get the rad, all tubing pumps etc inside the case without a problem. But wont be able to see any of it without cutting huge friggin holes! Tertiary concern though.

13. SolidBladez

SolidBladez Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti OC
    I guess it depends on what tools you have. I cut a couple of holes on the back of my case and it turned out rather well. Though I'm using an aluminum chassis, and I think the Cosmos is made of a harder material. :/

14. Ant

Ant Don Michael Corleone

GPU:
    2 x Inno3D 9600GT 512MB
    Its the side panel that I was looking to have perspex in. Coolermaster did plan to have one of these as an option, but various places on the web indicate that coolermaster couldnt get the thermals right so it remains unreleased.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Yeah, the cosmos does look like a pretty good case imo. Shame it doesnt have a side window.

16. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    i like my original cosmos MUCH more than the Cosmos S. they screwed over too much stuff between the Cosmos S and the Cosmos.

17. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    What are the main differences!?

18. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well.... the original Cosmos focused on silence, whereas the Cosmos S seems to be CoolerMaster's attempt at recreating the Stacker with a 250mm side fan and triple 120mm fans up top. the aluminum in the Cosmos S may be lighter (thus also more costly), but it also makes it, or any aluminum case, look like a**, and feel just as bad. as far as i remember, they got rid of the fan filter from the bottom front fan, and made the filter for the PSU removable only from the inside, where the bottom filters for both the PSU, and the bottom front fan are removable from the outside of the case. Think about it. you have a somewhat large filter... under the PSU... next to another 120mm fan... and the PSU wires just above where the filter would be removed from. can easily picture removing the filter being almost impossible in most situations.

There's just a lot of stuff i don't like as much about the design of the Cosmos S as i do about the Cosmos. don't think the S means "Sport". think it's more along the lines of the CoolerMaster Cosmos "S"tacker

19. orgnlprankster7

orgnlprankster7 Master Guru

GPU:
    Evga 8800GTS 512
    here is a few quick shots :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Skyline1010

Skyline1010 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 650Ti Boost
    Looks amazing! I bet it's quiet too.