Built a new rig

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Silenced, Apr 13, 2008.

1. Silenced

Silenced Active Member

GPU:
    2x XFX 9800GTX SLI
    All the new specs are to the left Everything will be here mid next week (fixing computers on the side has seemed to pay off lol.) I do have a few questions. I can't decide if i should get another 9800GTX and give SLI a shot or not. Ive been checking out the reviews here on the forums showcasing SLI with the 9800gtx It looks like it could be worth it especially since they are not too expensive. But i do have a duel monitor set up I haven't found any solid facts on this but i heard enabling SLI Disables the second monitor. True?

Its not really THAT big of a deal but i do multi task a lot while gaming unless i'm really sucked into something.

I know theres TONS of info about overclocking pretty much anywhere i look here that i need to read up on. I plan to do some OC'in nothing crazy, but i do hear that the E8400 hits 3.6ghz with not to much effort. (It took forever to get my hands one, they are so hard to find right now) I would of got 1600mhz ram but none were Ever in stock at Newegg. Will 1333mhz hold me back from reaching 3.6ghz clock on the processor? I suppose ill stop being lazy and read up in the overclocking section for answers lol :p

I did get the CoolerMaster Cosmos S case and it came earlier than expected (Newegg rocks!), and all i can say is wow. The pictures on the forums here do it no justice. Easily the biggest case i have ever seen, suprisingly its not as heavy compared to my old Thermaltake case, but it is truly stunning. Judging from friends reactions its true, You either love it or completely hate it. Theres no middle man lol.

I hope its not ridiculously loud, it probably has the biggest side fan i have ever seen. I cant wait to fire it up!

Anyways one last thing, I don't post to much in the forums as you can see but i really do enjoy this community and have been browsing the forums for years now. Pretty much everything i've learned about computer hardware/software and networking has been from right here. (screenshot thread, probably one of the coolest threads ever created. And the Mental image of fellow guru thread by far the most entertaining haha.) Point being Guru3d till the end!

Enough sentimental crap, someone with a time machine port me to mid next week! The wait is killing me! :bang:

Last edited: Apr 13, 2008
  2. illdrag0n

illdrag0n Guest

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RX6800 XT
    I know the feeling of waiting brother, im only getting a E2200 and mobo/ram, but i cant even wait 1 day! I woke up today wanting to go buy them and the pc shops are closed on sundays! i have to wait til tomorrow darn it

3. Silenced

Silenced Active Member

GPU:
    2x XFX 9800GTX SLI
    Haha! yeah i totally know what you mean Illdrag0n. I live in small town and it pretty much shuts down on Sundays. And anytime i ever need something from the little computer shop here it always happens to be a Sunday! Quite annoying i must admit lol.