X-Fi Prelude Still the Best?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by ripken204, Apr 2, 2008.

1. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Thats odd Wateri I do other stuff while listening to music in vista, and I havent got the sligts audio skipping or distortion. Then again I not running raid, so I dont know.

@Keitosha Yea, that was one of the reasons why I got rid of my Razer barracuda.It got annoying at some point, because of it having no hardware openal.

2. vf

vf Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATi Radeon™
    Well it is Creative's base drivers, but probably heavily modified by Auzentech. What percentage is done by either, I do not know.

3. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    I've been getting the same problem recently, it's annoying, and I haven't figured out a way to get rid of it yet. :(

4. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    You try setting the pci latceny to 64 from 32. because I keep mine on 64 for just in case. that prolly why.

5. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    well, I keep PCI latency at factory defaults and never had any problems with this rig. I remember suffering from the same thing back when I had an Abit/Athlon64 system. changing the computer's ACPI always helped.

6. FNK

FNK Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    Im getting a Prelude too.
    I like my Xfi, but soo many software features just doesnt work right under vista.
    I like the Crystalyser, but using the Prelude would allow me to use DTS and optical cable for my future sound system.

7. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    22" LCD on GTX260 C216
    ..and HDMI 1.3 audio.

8. FNK

FNK Guest

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    Really? even better then!

9. Postalisback

GPU:
    Tried it many times, :( it seems to me like its some sort of interference travelling through the motherboard because it occurs when I'm playing audio and insert a CD or create some sort of activity or hard disc loading (like loading CPU-Z for instance), and its just loads of static or random screeching, really annoying problem.

I have a suspicion of my case causing the problem, but I really can't tell, I tried the card in another system and it was fine as far as I know, although I didn't test it in the same situation (just played some youtube videos). :(

10. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    have you tried switching PCI slots? do you any mic attached to the card? doesn't sound right, man. I hope you solve it out.

11. Postalisback

GPU:
    Yeah, it's sorted again now, I updated my chipset drivers, then when my PC restarted I accessed the BIOS and changed the PCI Latency back to 32 from 64, seems to have sorted it again, just won't be tinkering with anything in the BIOS from now on, and I'll make sure I keep updating my chipset drivers. :)

12. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    Glad you fixed it.

13. ripken204

ripken204 Active Member

GPU:
    evga 7800gt co arctic cooler 5 rev3
    well mine has been working nicely. now i need to play with all of these settings to tweak it to my liking.

14. Wateri

Wateri Member

GPU:
    LeadTek GTX280
    Good for you. I have the latest driver installed, but there is no PCI latency option in the BIOS for my Mobo. I tried using PCI latency tool, but it's not working under Vista X64. I tried swapping the PCI slot, still to no avail.

I hate it when my music just distorts out of no where when vista does inexplicable disk activity.