x1300 pci 256mb replacing problems

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by ThermaltakeX, Apr 3, 2008.

1. ThermaltakeX

ThermaltakeX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 295
    im trying to replace a tnt2 pro 16mb agp 4x card with a pci radeon x1300 256mb .. and it has a black screen but the tnt2 works fine.

I tried changing the primary video adapter from AGP to AUTO (my only option).

Still no luck, any advice perhaps? thxz0rs :biggun:

2. boogah

boogah Member Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 295 Quad-SLI
    AGP and PCI-E are different and are not interchangeable. You will need to get AGP card to work with your machine.

Edit: nvm they do make the ol' skoo pci version of it (it's a stepback to go to PCI from AGP). What type of motherboard do you have and does it have onboard graphics on it ? Maybe there's a jumper you have to change on the motherboard.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2008
  3. ThermaltakeX

ThermaltakeX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 295
    Is this x1300 better than this agp 4x tnt2?

4. boogah

boogah Member Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 295 Quad-SLI
    anything is better than the TNT2 now a day TNT2 is about 9 generation behind all the cards now. And about 6 generation behind the X1300.

The AGP technology is newer than PCI technology and 3 x older than the current PCI-E 2.0 of todays machines.

If i were to get a graphic card for that old computer (depending on your machine specs and everything) I would get an AGP card.

5. cdlink14

cdlink14 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 8GB
    Best bet would be to et an agp card. since its AGP 4x i have researched into this and the best cards i can find for low power pc's are, ATI Radeon X1650 / Nvidia Geforce 7300

6. evolucion888

evolucion888 Guest

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6900
    Don't worry about the AGP 4x bottlenecks, the AGP is far from being bottleneck. I saw a review somewhere which someone handicapped the PCI-E bus to 4x, and the only card that slowed down very slighly was the 8800GTX in some scenarios, ATi cards tends to keep all the data possible between their card, nVidia cards tends to use more the bus. Considering that AGP 4x has the same read bandwidth as PCI-E 4x, but slower write bandwidth (Rarely used), you should have not problems to fit any card in there.

7. exerier

exerier Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon X1650Pro 512MB
    go us x1650 owners ;)