NVIDIA Forceware 174.74 Windows XP & Vista Download (all cards)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Tr0n, Mar 27, 2008.

1. kmufc77

kmufc77 Master Guru

GPU:
    6700XT XFX SWFT 309
    is anybody getting a black screen at random times when using the 174 drivers?

2. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    nforces may not be the best in the overclocking department but stability is simply unmatched at least in my case, had nforce3-4-6 and none ever gave me a single headache compared to the couple of Intel mobos i had so far so my next mobo is going to be another nforce, better the devil you know hey? :p

maybe it also helps to get a vga card and a mobo of the same brand? in my case both are XFX.

what if the nvidia cards and drivers are tested more thoroughly on nforces? lol cheap nvidia using nforces in the labs rather than spending on a couple of extra Intel mobos. who knows.

@SLAVA700 - go to the CP under Video and turn down the GAMMA from 26% to 16% you won't need to open/close the CP again ...or find Windows Media Player and under Options, Performance, Advanced then tick USE OVERLAYS and see what happend.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  3. tux

tux Active Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GT OC SLI

I cant offer a solution but i can say that it doesnt happen to me. I play BF2 all the time with the 174.70 drivers..i just installed the .74 ones so i dont know if it happens with this one but i dont think it will.

If you come up with why this is happening to you let us know :)

4. tux

tux Active Member

GPU:
    2x BFG 8800GT OC SLI

Id say they would be testing more so on their own boards rather than others. Think about it...they are also writing for SLI...which is nforce only.

And as for overclocking...anyone remember the Abit NF7-S 2.0 Nforce 2 ultra 400 board? One of the best overclocking boards that ever existed.

5. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    agreed 100% especially about the NF7 had the board and it rocked.

6. .Vision

.Vision Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460 @ 1920x1080
    I gained 52 Marks in 3dMark06 but my CPU is holding me back, I haven't gotten any blue screens yet either.

Running XP 32bit btw.

7. Heinrich

Heinrich Member

about 1/2 the times on bootup I get a "serious windows failure" ....so I don't trust these and reverted...I think it has something to do with DreamScene content

8. Alchemystic

Alchemystic Member

GPU:
    2 x eVGA 8800GT SC | Dell 2405 LCD
    Dreamscene

I'm running Vista Ultimate x64 and DreamScene and I have no problems with these drivers running at 1920x1200 res.

Q6600 3GHz (9x333) "stock voltage"
    Tuniq 120 HS/FAN
    2x8800 EVGA Superclocked Cards in SLI
    P6N Platinum (1.6 BIOS) "stock voltage"
    8GB G.Skill DDR2 800MHz.
    OCZ MEM cooler
    Audigy 2 w/(Alchemy)
    Altec Lansing Surround
    2 500GB Seagate 32MB Cache HD's
    NEC 18x DVD-R (fastest read speed for decrypting)
    Dell 24" LCD 2405 "1920x1200 Native"
    Tagan BZ 900W Power Supply
    NZXT Lexas case w/ Altec 3 speed fans (replace ALL original POS fans)

9. Lolcb

Lolcb Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 280
    Im having video playback problems with both this driver and 174.53.

when watching video, pc randomly freezes.

Anyone having same prob?

10. Alcyone

Alcyone Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS ENGTX280 1GB
    Yes I have. Every driver after 174.31 crashes video in fullscreen when SLI is enabled. It also happens in window but takes time and is reproducible. If I disable SLI everything is fine. I'm using SLI only for games that need serious performance because the drivers are currently not stable to do anything else with SLI enabled it seems. This has something to do with Vista again... Disabling Aero delays the timeframe when crash is about to happen.

11. Louike

Louike Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 1gb
    I'm very happy with these, i dont get any pink or black screens of death anymore. My 3dmarks gained quite a few points since 174.70 (especially with AA and AF enabled). And video playback is awesome. WHQL ready for my system!

12. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    you and ALCHEMYSTIC and VISION all are happy customers with these drivers and all of you got Nforces, Louike got an Asus M2N32 Pro Nforce 590 ....Alchemystic got an MSI P6N Platinum (also NForce) and Vision got an nForce 650i Ultra.

oh and i've got an nforce and very happy with the new drivers..

my theory is taking shape :book:

13. Lolcb

Lolcb Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 280
    Its really bad mate. 169.25 is a bad driver version for me cause it gives me the nvlkdmm error. Changed to the later driver versions 174.53 174.70 both gives random freezes during video playback..

sigh...

14. jaffa

jaffa New Member

GPU:
    Asus silent agp 512
    just installed these drivers but shows my 7800gs as an unknown card how can i edit the inf to show my card and can i, always had probs installing newer drivers above the 93.71 that i have been using for a bloody long time.

TIA

15. Pelucon

Pelucon Member

GPU:
    GeForce 6800GS 256MB
    when I switch to my Sony HDTV to watch a movie I have no problems, It automatically changes the resolution to 1080p, but when I switch back to my monitor it won't switch the resolution back. so I end up watching at my 17 inch CRT in 1080p. The only way to change resolution back is to change it through right click on the desktop/properties/settings and then RESTART the computer.

how anoying!

16. Tr0n

Tr0n Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 320 MB
    If you get black screens you probably overclocked the card too much. There seems to be a problem with laster 169.xx and 174.xx drivers and overclocked cards.

17. TheLG

TheLG New Member

GPU:
    XFX Nvidia 8800GTX 768 mb XT
    This driver is also giving me black screen. Sometimes when I try ALT-Tab in games, or when I watch videoes, and I can't do nothing, just restart the PC manually..

18. Lolcb

Lolcb Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 280
    Yea, I get complete freeze, not only on video playback now, but on some games as well now.

I think it is the nvlkdmm error. When I reboot pc manually it says shutdown error caused by graphics driver... sigh..

And no, my gfx are running stock

19. saphirex

saphirex Member

GPU:
    2X ASUS™ ENGTX560 TI SLi
    So far these drivers are the best I have tried in months! I esp like the new Video settings since I am more into Video as opposed to gaming

20. GenClaymore

GenClaymore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3070 TI 8GB
    nope, i not having that problem either.