9800 GTX review out !!!!!!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by shark52, Mar 24, 2008.

1. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    yeah to many, to expensive and the same f'king performance ...jeez...nvidia is going nuts..

2. stefansg

stefansg Master Guru

GPU:
    Point of View 8800GTX
    I will wait for the players imprssions instead. I for one is going to order a GX2.

3. NoviceRei

NoviceRei Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 460 825/1079/1650
    why are there so many people whining? these cards are targeted to those who haven't upgraded yet to an 8-series. it's quite clear that this isn't something for those who already have a powerful card.

to keep it simple, let's just say it performs on average like an ultra, but for merely half the price! i think that's still value.

with regards to ATI 4xxx..
    i've read that nv is also releasing their new cards this june. so it should be a very interesting month for us. is nv just saving up their trump "cards" for june to battle it out with ATI? we'll soon see.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  4. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    For once, we are in absolute agreement. :)

5. SWEBarb

SWEBarb Active Member

GPU:
    Evga Geforce GTX 750 Ti
    The link is all dead.. useless :(

6. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Taught by past experience, namely reading the 9600GT review on the aforementioned Chinese site, where the 9600GT underperformed due to it having been used with inadequate, old drivers, I'm going to reserve my judgment until I see, say, Hilbert's official review here on Guru3D with official drivers.

It seems that both NVidia and ATi are cashing in on revamped versions of their old flagships, but that is not such a bad thing. It gives us enthusiasts a rest from spending ridiculous amounts of money on new hardware every year or so. It also gives NVidia and ATi time to fully mature their next-gen designs and launch some serious MF cards in the near future.

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    thats what i cant understand? its funny for the price of one at launch 88gtx/u you can have two of these 98gtx's.
    it will cost you for 2x the power of a 88gtx,when that card does come out i dont wanna hear anyone bitch that it costs 700-800 USD

8. subfire91

subfire91 Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Powercolor 4870 1GB
    oh well.... 9800 GTX was supposed to hit stores today, that were the instructions from nvidia but unfortunately it is delayed again for another two weeks thats what the sales advisor told me. i couldn't wait, i ordered a GTS G92 to serve me until the end of the summer when i will upgrade to next gen.

9. ebucemag

ebucemag Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD HD 7850 2GB Crossfire
    Off-Topic:
    Love the avatar, Classic Satch.
    I really am starting to hate that bitch HRC, and all here "experience".

Yeah, I agree I will probably step-up to the 9800 GTX for free in the next few weeks and as long as it overclocks better than my current 8800 GTS, I will be happy.

10. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    Also, shouldn't the 8800GTS 512MB have been called something different?

11. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    Like the 8900GT

12. plguzman

plguzman Master Guru

GPU:
    Diamond 4870X2
    Well, at Xtreme Systems they are testing some 9800GTX and the results are very promising. They are getting nice benchies in 3dMark06 and it overclocks like a beast it seems. 855/1300 without a sweat.

13. DayDreamer

DayDreamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 @900,4300@1100mV
    This so-called 9800GTX should be called 8900GTX since it's still a G92. 9800x2 should be 8900x2, but Nvidia knows how to milk those rich people with these numbers =)

Or named like these:
    8800GT -> 9800GT
    8800GTS G92 -> 9800GTS
    8800GS -> 9600GS
    9800x2 still be 9800x2
    9800GTX still be 9800GTX

14. reno_skychaser

reno_skychaser Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASRock RX 6600 XT
    So on the whole, it seems everyone still loves the level of performance these cards will give, its the name everyone dislikes. :p

15. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    This is exactly what I think. Nvidia has no reason to push their GFX cards to a new edge yet, like they did with the 8800's when they were first released, because they're not getting any competition. Would be smart for them to let ATI make their move and then release their true big guns.

I'd say the 9 series is for those who have old cards right now and just wanna upgrade. The 8800GT was slightly out of my price range, so I picked up this 9600GT for about $70 less.

16. quadroplex780

quadroplex780 Active Member

GPU:
    XFX Geforce 8800GTS 640 eXtreme SLi
    Probably nvidia made so much money from the geforce 8 series cards that they thought that they would release another series on the same performance range and even if it failed it wouldn't cost them much.

17. CustardMarv

CustardMarv Member

GPU:
    XFX 4870 X2 DDR5 2GB
    There's a full review at anothersite

18. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    It also probably has to due with the fact that their are no games that actually hit the performance these cards offer. With the exception of Crysis in DX10 mode all the games that are currently out run fine on a single 8800GTX. I just don't see a need for faster cards atm.

19. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    I don't think DiGiTaL HunTeR's numbers are right, I just don't feel it's gonna be like .... THAT

I'm pretty sure the 9800 GTX will be worth it's FPS/$, I just don't think it's gonna be as high end as the 8800 GTX was, I think this is gonna target medium to high-end, just not high or very high level

I just think you guys ain't are totally off with this card, why would they release another 500-600 cards two weeks after they release the GX2, no this card is there to overkill the Radeon HD 3870 X2 !

20. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Your post was censored. Could you repost the link/site with spaces between the letters to bypass the automated censor, please.