2900xt bios upgrade?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by Steppis, Mar 18, 2008.

1. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    2xXFX 5870 "XT" Crossfire
    Hi.
    Im having some problems with one of my HD2900XT cards.. in crossfire almoste never a problem with.. maybe a bluesreen ones a week or soe..

But using it as a singel card causes alot of bluescreens.. can run fine for some time then bam the bluescreens just poors in like crazy..

The other card that works great uses a later bios then the other one.. so i was wondering if i should try a bios upgrade on the other card?

What do you guys think.. ?

Edit:
    Bad card: Bios VER010.047.000.000.025192
    Good card: Bios VER010.047.000.000.025258

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  2. Mr.Bad.Man.Jay

Mr.Bad.Man.Jay Member Guru

GPU:
    2X Sapphire HD7970 3G OC
    ive looked for bios updates for these cards with no luck but if find them let me know i think u r on to sumthing!

3. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    same problem here when i overclock cards crossy cards bugger up

4. Psychlone

Psychlone Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon HD5970 Engineering
    TechPowerUP's BIOS page

So, there's TONZ of BIOS for the 2900XT...don't know if you wanna take your chances or not.

I have the HiS HD2900XT 1GB and never had a problem with it at all, so no reason for me to flash...it overclocks fairly well at 860c/1150m(2300) (from 800c/1050m)

On that note, I'm not entirely sure that flashing your BIOS is going to stop a bluescreen anyway...I'd bet it's Windows fault, or maybe your computer overclock isn't as stable as you think it is - Vista doesn't play well with high overclocks where it utilizes RAM differently, it creates instability in highly overclocked RAM.

Anyway, there's all the BIOS for 2900XTs that's available - post back with any results!!

Psychlone

5. V1pwred

V1pwred Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 2900xt/2900pro @ 806/927 24/7
    I have always had problems changing my bios on my xt's, gpuz picks it up and everything seems fine, then i start a 3d app and comp crashes, or screen goes crazy then just freezes, happens every time. I just got to the point where I dont even bother bios flashing anymore.