Just watched my good friend's dog get hit by a car and die

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by darknight909, Mar 23, 2008.

1. cool1

cool1 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 260 216CORE OC ED
    sorry for the dog
    RIP

2. death__machine

death__machine Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 270X TOXIC 2GBx2
    Really sorry to hear that. May he Rest in Peace.
    Its really a sad thing to lose people/pets/friends/family close to you like that. And the memories just keep coming back again and again and make you feel sad again and again.

What is your friend's condition? He must really be broken..

Though to cheer you guys up. Heres a bad joke.
    I killed a fly last week :D. Smashed it with an aquafina 1.5L bottle.

3. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    Where did I say it did? Bad day maybe, or perhaps he's finally had enough of the attitude.

4. Don_Won

Don_Won Master Guru

GPU:
    evga GeForce 8800GTX (650/2100)
    Seeing life leave somebody or something is really a dreadful experience... Once I witnessed a car crash... a head on impact with a truck. I stopped and some other guy did as well, we tried to resuscitate the poor guy... unsuccessfully. at first i was so shocked that i was moving as if in trance. Only later when the paramedics came i had tim for some thinking. a terrible experience

5. darknight909

darknight909 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    Well I do feel better after a good sleep, and thanks for everything I haven't talked to my friend yet because I am thinking I should leave him alone for a bit

6. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670
    **** happens.

Sorry to hear though.

7. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Berserk?, if that was him going berserk I can't wait to see the real thing ;). Now, seriously, he's a fine example of politeness. Many guys here should be more like him in this aspect, including myself.

8. death__machine

death__machine Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 270X TOXIC 2GBx2
    @WCASD

So you would feel better when your friend's pet died and you see posts like this ^^

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  9. maxfly

maxfly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 980 TI
    losing your dog is in fact very much like losing a member of the family.
    i would head over with a bottle of his favorite.have a few drinks and let him know you got his back.if he wants to talk about his dog then listen.talking about it when hes ready will make him feel better.then give him some time to grieve.
    thats a terrible thing to witness.my condolences.

10. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    I'm definitely a dog person, sorry to hear that bad news.

11. WCASD

WCASD Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS
    How is that a valid argument?
    Two wrongs don't make one right.

12. Nemes1s

Nemes1s Master Guru

GPU:
    2x560Ti SLI ASUS + EVGA
    Sucks man. Sorry to hear that. Always a crap thing to see happen. I witnessed one of my mates get hit by a car on a motorcycle a couple of years back. He died on the scene, and was brought back to life with all of us there!!! He passed away last year in a car crash though. :(

Animals are also family members, and it's always hard. Reminds us we dont live forever i guess.

13. worthy

worthy Master Guru

GPU:
    2 ATI hd 4870 512s
    I agree 100 percent.

Having lost most of my faith in mankind over the years, I would say I definitely like dogs more than people. I hate most people in fact.

My dogs are indeed members of my family. I have 2 german shepherds (Harry, and Nino), and I added a sheltie last christmas (Riley). They are like my children. I protect them, and they do the same for me. I don't know what I would do if I lost any of them.

I think that something like this is healthy to talk about on a forum, providing people address it with a little compassion. It's a lot more of a justified subject than most of the others I have seen.

14. Luvabud

Luvabud Guest

GPU:
    1060 6GB
    It's not nice loosing a pet, but man seeing that sucks. Afew weeks ago I did see a cat being hit by a car on the head, the cat must of done a 1080', the cat died in my hands, poor thing.

15. bcoupland

bcoupland Master Guru

GPU:
    9300 onboard
    top post mate, top post. couldn't agree more. a few years ago my parents adopted a guide dog (they are retired before they make mistakes) called Farina, she was amazing. she had a heart attack while we were playing football (soccer) in the garden and died in my arms. worst experience ever.

my codolences to your friend.

Ben

16. FreeFall

FreeFall Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 4800
    :( I am very sorry to hear about you witnessing such a dreadful thing. I too have had to say goodbye to a few pets. Not a happy feeling. :(

17. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Matrix 285
    Speaking of animals dying in your hands, we had this Great Dane we called Fred (After my late father. I was seven, my brothers 5 and 6 months. Me and my five year old brother decided to give it our dad's name).

Anyway, he was about 7 when he started showing signs of old age. By 8, he was struggling on walks, but still fought on, and nagged us to take him even though it was a real effort.

Anyway, the day came and he was in a hell of a state. Couldn't drink, struggling to breathe, couldn't move. My mum had to leave the house and I held him in my arms as the vet put him down.

The only time I cried more was when my dad himself had died 8 years earlier.

When the vet asked how old he was though, he didn't believe us when we said 8. Big dogs don't live long, as most people will know, but apparently most owners of Great Danes only have them live 2 or 3 years because they can't take care of them properly (don't give them enough food, over exercise them etc). Even good owners only typically got to 5 or 6 years. That cheered us up a lot.

18. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Give me a break. As if what I said is even remotely offensive. Lots of thin-skinned people around these days.....

19. XxR3zD3ViLxX

XxR3zD3ViLxX Active Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT Alpha Dog Edition 512MB
    Truly sad tradegy, once I had a cat, been together for so much time, couldn't believe my eyes next moring when i found it on the street infornt of my houz, with her head brutally smashed, could belive my eyes, i seriously took her for granted! it was an unimaginably gorey sight, eventually u forget such things and move on, but they are engraved forever!

20. r3claim3r

r3claim3r Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Super
    I can imagine how shaken up someone might be over this. I once watched a cat get run over on the way home. Definitely not a pretty sight watching an animal suffer like that.

If not offensive, it was totally insensitive. You don't know the meaning of the word empathy, do you, Satch?