Bfg Rma

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by FE4R, Mar 14, 2008.

1. FE4R

FE4R Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4850 512MB
    I emailed them, they told me they shipped a 8800 GTS OC 640MB.... I say very nice... is this card equivalent to a HD3870???

again, BFG is the best for me. Ill never leave them.

2. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    dont know how it is against the 3870 but its an upgrade from your old card.

3. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    congrats on getting on a good card back

4. Terry28

Terry28 Member

GPU:
    eVGA 9600GT SSC 512MB Stock
    Damn I may have to go look for broken BFG cards on Ebay, I have done one RMA with BFG and it was about a year ago and they did cross shipping for me and didn't even ask for a receipt or any other proof of purchase.

Congrats on the new card.

5. FE4R

FE4R Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4850 512MB
    lol @ Terry

I am thinking about selling it when its gets to Jamaica. I want a 8800GT or even a 8800GTS (G92)... is the gains really that much more ie the 8800GTS(G80) vs the 8800GT (G92) I cant seem to find any review that does it in detail.

6. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670
    Looks like you came out on top with this deal.

7. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Guest

GPU:
    evga 1070
    with your cpu you will not notice much of a difference between the two. i was able to try a g92 8800 gts 512 and it was fater than the 640 but not much difference maybe 1-2 fps. i would keep the card and overclock it which if it is an a3 revision it will go to atleast 650 core and 1500 shader

8. FE4R

FE4R Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4850 512MB
    ok, thanks for advice....

I have a vf900 zalman... could this fit the 8800GTS (G80)? Or the stock cooler is good enough?

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  9. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Guest

GPU:
    evga 1070
    mine is on the stock cooler at the speeds in my sig. it works fine i see usually no higher than 75 deg. but i am going watercooling should be here this week.

10. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    Im thinkin about RMA ing my 3week old 8800GTS 512 OC from BFG.
    To many issues iof the nvlddmkm not responding crap!!!! Alot of people say its a software issue. But my previous card (BFG 8800GTS 640) never had this issue on the same rig..
    That ran everything for over a year without a hitch.

11. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Guest

GPU:
    evga 1070
    why did you go from the 640 to the 512 not with the money.

12. darrenj

darrenj Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090
    You kiddin?

The 512 has the G92 architecture, loads better than the 640 (G80). When it runs well (no nvlldmkm crash) it runs Crysis like milk compared to the 640..
    Many test show the 8800GTS 512 meeting the performance levels of the 8800GTX and outclassing the 8800GTS 640 and even the 8800GT 512 (also G92).-
    :biggun:
    With stock cooler the 512 runs a lot cooler than the 640.

13. FE4R

FE4R Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4850 512MB
    God hates me, I am convinced.

I really need u guys advice now as the little money I have left is basically gone. I got the RMA card today. while I was installing it.... the machine "automatically" turned on. I was spoooked... especially since I dont thing it was all the way in the PCIE slot. so I quickly hit the switch at the back. (this is the FIRST TIME this has ever happened to me, I didnt accidently hit the power button or anything I know that for a fact)

OK

now the card is installed, I press power. i hear a continuous beep I suspect from the video card and the PSU is making a hell of a hissing sound and the the system just shut off..... I said sh!te just my damned luck... I then placed back my PCI vid card back into the machine, tried to power on... nothing. system wont post no more. I am lost for words. I am frustrated, and I dunno what the hell else to do.

now what has happened?

1/ the PSU died
    2/ the PSU died ALONG with everything else?
    3/ the vid card was sh!te to begin with and killed off my whole system.

eitherways I am in trouble as I have course work I need to submit by monday.

14. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    you didnt unplug the ac cord from the psu while installing it??

15. randomizer

randomizer Guest

GPU:
    5600 xt Gaming OC
    wow, maybe taking out the cmos battery?? that probably wont solve anything.

Anyway is Inno3d good when RMA? i just RMA'd my 8800gts 2 weeks ago, i should get it back next week by friday or the following week. i hope they didnt reject the gfx for some odd reason..

16. FE4R

FE4R Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4850 512MB
    lol? thanks for the advice?

17. FE4R

FE4R Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4850 512MB
    I tried a new PSU in the system, with a PCI vid card. No post, I suspect the board is dead. I am afraid to test the PSU in another system.... please if anyone has any advice on my situation Id like a response.

18. Jonny Manc

Jonny Manc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    KFA 3080 LHR
    Strip the system down to its basic bits (all required items to work), clear CMOS, remove battery for around 10mins.

Cant help but think you fried something when the system kicked in whilst you installed the card....really should'nt be installing stuff whilst its connected up to power (end of lecture).

Back to suggestions, if the 1st one dont work, try chopping and changing RAM....

19. FE4R

FE4R Master Guru

GPU:
    HIS 4850 512MB
    update
    I tried what u said Johnny, still no post. I should add too that the computer speak sounded like static.

I just tested the power supply with a multimeter. without any load on the PSu, the 12v rail is at 11.65 volts? can this power a system? the other voltages are 4.98 and 3.377v.

the next thing on the list is the test the video card. I hope its not damage....

20. fearsjohn

fearsjohn Guest

GPU:
    evga 1070
    i tried a gts 512 and compared it to mine and yes it is faster but not by much.

fe4r that sucks. the 12 volts are low but you said you tried another psu and it didn't work. it sounds like the motherboard.