ForceWare 174.70 for XP/VISTA(32bit & 64bit)

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by gpxjohn, Mar 21, 2008.

1. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
  2. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    Other than using driver sweeper can you tell us what you did to get a good clean install?

3. F33F33

F33F33 Member

GPU:
    2x ATI 5870
    nvr mind.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2008
  4. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    There is some kind of texture flashing , happens every 10-15 sec in game.

for example NFS Carbon and Shadowgrounds Survivor i can see it very clearly.

and just a nice screenshot i got with my viper Dodge nothing with the existence of the problem.

[​IMG]

5. morbias

morbias Don TazeMeBro

GPU:
    -
    These drivers were awful for me (XP 32-bit), froze up every single game after 2 seconds after entering 3d mode. Had to hard reset one time and I got a cmos checksum error instead of the usual POST screen - wtf...

6. CharlieSimon

CharlieSimon Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Geforce GTX 970
    --

Hehe, I rather prefer torrentleech tbh :}

7. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    so 169.44 is better ? because the 174.XX series have flashing texture its can drive you insane after awhile , vista 64 and Xp 32

8. Venomsword

Venomsword Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Ti Elite
  9. Gucci

Gucci Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 1080Ti
    torrentleech for life dude...

10. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    I download them whit IDM and newer under 100 KB/s !
    The drivers the same as .60 ! But still keepers !

11. X7007

X7007 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC 4090 EXT AMP
    What the hell is this crap, when using 169.25 and 169.44 there is a FREEZE in NFS Carbon in the same spot EVERY TIME.

in 174.53 and 174.70 THERE ISN'T FREEZE but there are TEXTURE FLASHING.

And its for ALL GAMES , Some you just cant notice clearly but they are There and are not suppose to be.

NVIDIA DIE!

I didn't play a fun game for like 4 months because the drivers are getting worse and worse. Why the hell there is FREEZE in a game which suppose to be MEANT HOW TO BE FREAKING PLAY WITH FREEZES.

and the 9800 drivers are pure speed for the cards, NVIDIA is JUST freaking lame for pulling this off, killing us with 8800 so we will see how 9800 good is, Because who will buy 9800 if not all the 8800 Era players ???

I wish them to die and just some MEMORY company will buy those China Taiwan craps. we don't need those INF bull**** to play, we need drivers that meant for the card exactly.

I know you think the same as i am with all the problems, just say so.

12. HalfMooner

HalfMooner New Member

GPU:
    2 * 8800 GTS
    I d/l'ed and setup the Vista 32 driver above. But it's 174.60, not 174.70. Anyway, it works fine for me. Seems at least as fast as before, plus the whole graphic look is better, with more specularity than before, seemingly more intense colors. Played City of Villains for about 1-1/2 hours, and it looked better than ever.

My system has 2 8800 GTS's in SLI. No problem setting up SLI. In NVIDIA Control Panel, there are now new settings for video color settings, video image settings, and signal or HD format. This looks like a good'un. But the V-32 version is 174.60.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  13. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    Uninstall > Restart to Safe mode > Driver Celaner Pro > Driver Sweeper > Restart Windows > Install drivers

Using both software works good with me when changing from driver to driver, since using only one gives me weired stuff some times...

Another tip: Sometimes games stop working fine after changing drivers. The best thing to ensure everything is fine, is to change graphic settings, apply and then changing back (happens with CS, BF2, Most Wanted and Dirt, even when changing CP config at least).

not necessary but can be a good diagnostic way

hope it helps!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2008
  14. Rackers

Rackers Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 2900XT 512MB
    These drivers are actually pretty bad, shadows are broken completely.

15. compuguy1088

compuguy1088 Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX AMD Radeon 5850
    This is the same thing I saw with CnC, following the same process. Doing a clean install seems to help....

For BF2 and BF2142, you should also delete the shader cache in your profile directory, that may fix any issues from updating the drivers.

16. scottsmi

scottsmi Member Guru

GPU:
    PNY XLR8 GeForce 8800 GTX 768 MB
    Having owned an Ageia PhysX card all I can say is...meh. You get bigger explosions with more debris in the few titles that actually support PhysX. Nothing Havok doesn't already handle well. My game is City of Heroes, a title that proudly displays its support for PhysX at its website, yet crashed, time after time, with that featured enabled (I went through two different PhysX cards, from two different manufacturers, mind you) and only went away when the PhysX card was physcially removed from my system. Oy. :bang:

17. aBra

aBra Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870
    Oh my gosh, I finally got them together and added a very fine modded inf into the package. Uploading now, should be up soon. ;)

18. jalextacy

jalextacy Member Guru

GPU:
    Visiontek HD 4870 512mb
    Hey sorry for being off topic, but could somebody give me an invite to torrentleech? :)

19. BuilderX

BuilderX Member

GPU:
    8600M GT SLI 256mo DDR3 (675/837)
    Well actually i keep this 174.70...

seems to work as good as the old 174.xx on my 8600M GT SLI, either in Dx9 or Dx10... no problems so far all's working well.

20. aBra

aBra Active Member

GPU:
    ATI Radeon HD 4870