ATT beta with HD 3xxx (and may be 2xxx) support

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnjk

Johnjk Member

GPU:
    Visiontek HD3870 512MB
    Ray,

You may want to download steam and get you free copy of HL2:Lost Coast that you recieve as a valued ATI customer. Then you can test this slowed frame rate and jerkiness for yourself.

2. supjeje

supjeje Member

GPU:
    Sapphire hd 2900xt/512
    Ray, thats good for me too , but for monitoring only.
    in "hardware=>overclocking setting => overclocking" i have GPU and ENV temp ok
    in "hardware=>overclocking setting => fan" is no more empty, i can edit it.
    and i have also a new tab "voltage".

but it s impossible to apply my clocks (core/memory)

in "hardware=>monitoring graph" i have correct graph values (in 2d)

in "hardware=>overdrive5"=> unsupported

3. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Disable the Shared memory option in the options dialogue box. I found that was causing my stuttering with ATT.

4. clozak

clozak Member

Doesn't work. In fact, disabling Shared memory reverses my timings, 2D timings when I start the game and overclock when the game is done. All this and it still stutters...:behead:

5. Johnjk

Johnjk Member

GPU:
    Visiontek HD3870 512MB
    Further testing shows that FlashOSD causes a reduction in fps on Company of Heroes from 64.0 --> 55.9fps.

I think is a natural consequence of polling the hardware constantly. And completely normal. Your thoughts ray?

6. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Any kind of additional rendering on screen like FPS, FlashOSD will drop your frame rate, because it required additional work from GPU. FPS can drop your frame rate about 1 may be 2fps. But FlashOSD it a heavy rendering procedure ! Thats why I always writing do not set FlashOSD mode to "Show all times"!!! Use it to show each 1 or 2 minutes for 2-3 seconds :)

I have HL2 , but it doesn't work under Win XP 64, also I have HL2 1-2 episodes. No problems in that games for me. I didn't test Bioshock yet, but I think I will have no problems with this game too. Because I never sow any kind of stuttering in my games with ATT, never! Of course I don't want to say that there are no problems. There are can be a problems but in certain hardware\software configurations. For example this can be related to the Motherboard monitor included in ATT. Let me make an additional option to disable MoBo monitor in ATT

7. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    Hi Ray, how are you?
    I'm seeing you're working hard to support Crossfire.
    Great!

8. SetiroN

SetiroN New Member

I can't manage to get lastest beta's driver loaded under Server2008-64 (which is almost identical to Vista64), while i.e. beta 1067 works fine, running in test mode, (obviously lacking some core features for 3870s)...would you be able to check it out, Ray?

9. Drek

Drek Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD2600 XT
    Thanks from me as well, to both you Ray, and the others who have helped you. Giving money isn't an option for me right now, so I am especially grateful to those who can and do. :)

10. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Bhairava -Hi . I'm trying to find a way to overclock CF boards, but this is not my primary job in ATT right now :)

2 SetiroN -Sorry, but I don't have 2008 server and don't think I will have it even after release :) Never though about server OSes as a game platform :) Also 2008 has same driver signature issue as Vista has and even in TESTMODE you have to sign driver with custom made certificate. At this moment last beta version doesn't have digital signatures. One way is to make your own test certificate and sign atitray64.sys

11. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
    Ati Sapphire HD 2600XT, 256Mb
    Hi, Ray and sorry for my english...
    After a lot of weeks I've checked this forum again and I've seen you've posted new version of ATT. I'm very happy and I've downloaded both ATT an Informer, tonight I'll update Catalyst to 8.3, Directx to march revision and ATT to 1.4.7.1147 then I'll made some tests.

At the moment, my system is:
    Windows XP with SP3 v3311, Att 1.3.6.1067, Catalyst 8.2, Sapphire HD 2600XT with a very old BIOS version 010.051.000.001
    You want to know the results of Informer, here you can find mine:

--------- HD 2xxx report -----------------
    ----- Device enum --------
    Device name - \\.\DISPLAY1
    Device string - ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
    Device key - \Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{EFB9172B-08FE-4B31-AA6B-9FC40CC04F74}\0000
    Device id - PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9588&SUBSYS_2E42174B&REV_00
    -
    Device name - \\.\DISPLAY2
    Device string - ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT
    Device key - \Registry\Machine\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Video\{EFB9172B-08FE-4B31-AA6B-9FC40CC04F74}\0001
    Device id - PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9588&SUBSYS_2E42174B&REV_00
    -
    ----- End Device enum --------
    OverDrive 5
    Core clocksMin 720,00 - Max 880,00
    Memory clocksMin 630,00 - Max 880,00
    VDDCMin 0,95v - Max 1,30v
    ---- PowerPay information index : 1-------
    Level 1
    GPU 800,00
    MEM 700,00
    VDDC 1,050
    Level 2
    GPU 800,00
    MEM 700,00
    VDDC 1,200
    Level 3
    GPU 800,00
    MEM 700,00
    VDDC 1,200
    ---- End PowerPay information -------
    ----------C08003 result index:1 ----------
    800:700-1050
    800:700-1200
    ----------end C08003 result----------
    --------- End of report ------------------

I've also found two BIOS revisions for my board:

a BIOS version 010.059.000.003 from Sapphire, compiled 08/01/07
    a BIOS version 010.063.000.002 from Gigabyte, compiled 09/28/07

Both seems to have the same amount of memory of my VGA (256mb) but my original BIOS has been compiled in 06/27/07, do you think that one of these BIOS are better than mine?

12. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
    OK Ray,
    sorry but I need to write another POST because I've remembered an annoying issue with ATT: with all my PCIe cards (X 1300XT, X 1600XT and, actually, HD 2600XT) the system has freezed everytime I've tried to find the OC limits pushing the "Find Max Mem" or "Find Max Core" buttons (naturally XP freezes when the frequencies reach the limits).
    With my oldest AGP cards this not happens. I.E.: I remember that, with my old 9500, ATT gave me some artifacts without freezing my XP. Now I can't see any artifact in 3D View: simply the XP stops to respond and/or the screen become black.
    I've thinked that this could to happens because the clock increment is too high. Do you could to suggest me any workaround?

To All:
    Today I've found two new (for me) ATI Radeon's BIOS Editors. The first (I've read about it into this forum) is specific for the 3xxx cards:
    ComputerBase ATi 36xx/38xx (X²) BIOS Editor v.0.95
    The second is for all generic 2xxx/3xxx cards:
    TechPowerUp Radeon Bios Editor v1.07

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  13. outo

outo Member

GPU:
    2x Asus HD 3870
    To overclock my both cards in CF I flashed both cards with a new "default" clockspeeds in the bios. So they are "hardcoded" into the card. Now the cards are running in default clocks as my 550w truepower cannot handle them too much overclocked. :)

I will try to use the informer soo, because I have alotta things to do currently.

14. outo

outo Member

GPU:
    2x Asus HD 3870
    A word of advice!

I have these both AND they require knowledge how to use them.

If you flash your card with a wrong bios, it will result in choppynes and crashes. ALSO if you FLASH YOUR BIOS, varranty is voided so..

Just if you decide to do this, read the manuals and the forums for it.

IF you still want to mod your bios, get this flashertool that you can use in windows.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/854/Winflash_2.0.0.2.html

The radeon bios editor is good and it works. Also the Computerbase Bios editor works too. Just be carefull what you do. :)

15. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:

Thanx for the advice, Outo.
    But don't worry, I'm an "old school" overclocker (my first OC has been an Intel 80286 without FPU ;) ). In fact I flash BIOSes ALWAYS in PURE DOS mode. I prefer AtiFlash 3.49 because Winzoz could to be unstable for any reason.
    Regarding the two programs, I MUST to use the second, because I've a HD 2600XT. But: yes, you've told a right thing!!! I MUST to learn MORE, before trying to mod my BIOS. First of all, I would to understand the differences between the various flavors of BIOSes available for my card.
    I've read also about an issue on these cards, that locks the possibilities of O/C and that for some of these cards the solution is to flash the latest BIOS available. I must to understand if one of the BIOSes I've found for my card is "bug free" and if I can to overclock beyond the 857MHz's limit.
    :bang:

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    I know about it. I mean about freezing. Starting from x1xxx and up board may not produce any kind of artifacts. So at this moment it is not good idea to try to find max clocks with internal tester.
    For about BIOS editing. Be very very careful with them! A lot of problems you will have with such "badly" edited\changed BIOSes. If yuo have no problems do not update your bios and do not edit it. This is not MoBo BIOS which can give something new :)

17. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    BW. About DX March update and Cat 8.3! Try to avoid installing March version of DirectX!!! It will slow down a whole 3d rendering! I already received a few reports about this issue, but didn't belive and installed that DX update. And as result I permanently lost 100 points in 3dmark 2006! 12040 last result before installing update and ~19950 after! And now to reach same 12040 result I have forced to overclock memory by additional 150-200MHz!!! :(

18. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
    Acc...
    Another trick to force XP users to upgrade to Vista? :D
    I'm joking, but I hope that in the future any game will require the additional libraries included into this release. I.E.: I remember that UT3 requires some libraries of march-august update. :3eyes:

19. Gulliver_69

Gulliver_69 Member

GPU:
    Acc...
    Do you know if Atitool is also affected from the same issue? Or is a specific problem of ATT?
    Regarding BIOS modding, before trying it I'll read all the docs I'll find on the web (but I've always an old PCI VGA card for an emergency boot & reflash). But the BIOS that I've found for my 2600XT are originals and with a greater revision number. I would to know if the greater version number could be better than mine. I've examined these versions and they've a little greater voltage setting.

20. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Hey Ray. Tired the newest Beta. Monitoring graphs still isn't working for me since nothing happens when I click the menu item. Overdrive 5 still broken. Overclocking using ATT results in nothing. Clocks are reported correctly an so is the voltage, however, every time I move the sliders for clocks or change the voltage and press apply, they all reset to stock settings. I've told ATT to disable ATi Hotkey poller, restarted, made sure the service was disabled, but it still resets the clocks. Windows Vista 32bit HD2900Pro 1024mb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.