ATT beta with HD 3xxx (and may be 2xxx) support

Discussion in 'ATI Tray Tools Public Beta Section' started by Ray Adams, Mar 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WerderFan

WerderFan Member

GPU:
    Club3D HD5770 OC
    I have the same problem with 1115.

WerderFan

2. dylan_dog

dylan_dog Active Member

GPU:
    Ati Sapphire HD4@720/1100
    I solved setting my personal parameters and clicking only on the button "apply": no "apply fix"!

3. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    No :) Because OverDrive5 is another name of PowerPlay :)
    But I can add option to change the values for 3D clocks, but in this case you shouldn't touch Overclocking in ATT!
    And why not to use 2d/3d in ATT instead of Catalyst ? :)

Not yet, sorry :)

I don't understand this, could you explain a bit more?

Why do you think it doesn't recognized?

+ Added experimental button "Apply Fix" (in FAN tab of overclocking window) which should fix problems with auto fan control. Just click it ones and set auto mode. Then tell me how your Fan works
    Stop posting that fan table doesn't work! You have to press APPLY button ,not "Apply Fix" button!

4. dylan_dog

dylan_dog Active Member

GPU:
    Tell us more about the atioverdrive and what you can do for powerplay.

5. Soulbringer

Soulbringer Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon HD2900XT
    Because i cannot overclock, neither read temperatures nor adjust FAN speed...

6. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    Ok, i'll try to explain better:

With my x1900xtx i don't use ccc and i set 2d clocks on Overclocking setting and 3d clocks on Ati Overdrive. ATT is able to manage the switch perfectly when i start a game.
    With this ATT beta and my 3870, without CCC installed, the board does not switch - it remains at 300 mhz on gpu. So i have to install CCC and set Requested Clock Settings.
    I hate CCC and i would like to use only ATT like i do with x1900xtx. Is that possible? :)
    I see that in ATT beta ATI Overdrive is not active: so how can i set the switch?

PS: Overdrive5??

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  7. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Man, you killing me :) really!
    ATT has its own 2d/3d subsystem. Make 2 profiles , one for 2d and one for 3d and take a look in Autooverclocking dialog box.

Don't tell me this :). Applying clocks in Overclocking window for X1xxx boards automatically disable your OverDrive! So no 2d/3d switching. Also ATT has no default 2d/3d switching routine.

ATT has options to auto overclock for any 3d applications, for any game profile application. And of course you must set all options for this.
    There are NO WAY to use both catalyst 2d/3d and ATT overclocking. Like RivaTuner, ATT also modify PowerPlay (read it as OverDrive 5) tables. After that no 2d/3d switching by Catalyst can be done. And this is not my restriction.
    And as I wrote before I can add same OverDrive 5 dialog box like in CCC, but in this case you should not tough clocks in OverClocking dialog box.

So generally Overclocking HD 3xxx s the same like x1xxx. You can use OverDrive or use internal ATT overclocking, but not both of them at same time.

8. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
  9. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Hey Ray, used the OverDrive 5 feature and it popped up with a dialogue box saying "Unsupported" but it lets me fiddle with the sliders anyway. At the moment there are two sliders, which you are probably aware of but they report the wrong clicks (both sliders are sitting on the max value they can possibly sit). My actualy overdrive settings are 900core/1000memory. When I open up the ATT overdrive window the sliders are sitting on 858 and 1050, and when I apply settings it tells me unsupported again and the clocks don't apply.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2008
  10. mdvb747

mdvb747 New Member

3450 / 3650

Hi,
    I have just a quick question - are you planning on having support for the ATI 3450 and 3650? I have tried the latest beta on both of these card and cannot get it to change the core or memory frequencies (when I hit apply the slider snaps back to default).

Thanks for your time!

- Mike

11. doggone

doggone New Member

GPU:
    Diamond HD3850 512
    using version 1119-
    after applying and removing overclocks, idle temps remain 12C higher than norm until reboot. I assume this is because of 3d voltage still being applied. Is there a way to get back to 2d voltage without rebooting? this card doesn't change clocks for 2d/3d, only voltage

when using the overdrive 5 overclocking, does a 3d app need to be started to apply clocks? should the 3d renderer trigger them? When I change clocks with overdrive 5, nothing changes except idle temp rising (voltage I think)

12. outo

outo Member

GPU:
    2x Asus HD 3870
    Hi.

This is the picture about that "crossfire" issue:

I can check the top tick, but it wont save it. But wierdly it still applies the settings at windows start. :D

[​IMG]

Hopefully at some point there is a posibility to overclock both cards. :)

13. dylan_dog

dylan_dog Active Member

GPU:
    Hey, Ray!
    How mauch time does it remain to the final version?:)

14. Bhairava

Bhairava Guest

GPU:
    2x 5850
    :eek:

Ok sorry. Bye.

15. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    2 Laykun - Ok. I will try to do something for X2xxx too.

2 mdvb747 - Yes. At this moment can you give me SysInfo report from one of that boards?

Reseting PowerPlay table o0nly restore clocks (as I know) but no the voltage. And at this moment I don't know is it possible to restore clocks to, but I will try to find the way.

No. This is same like CCC, you just change clocks , which will be applied when you start 3D application.

2 outo - I will check it.

Who knows? :) Its hard to find that final stage after which I can say this is final version.

2 Bhairava-
    Whats wrong?

16. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Just check chips information
    3450 same as HD 2400 RV610 - so the suport will be when I will be able to add support for all HD 2xxx
    But as I know 3650 is RV630 - the same as 3870, 3850 and it should work.

17. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
  18. Buzzdart

Buzzdart Member

GPU:
    Denise
    Last Beta works, GPU Voltage Settings now work with my XTX, but now the Generaloptions are not working, if I on this option click an error message comes.

19. outo

outo Member

GPU:
    2x Asus HD 3870
    Ok.

Some specs as my 3DMarks dropped by 800 points.

Installed ATT 1120 and Ati 8.3 drivers.

This installation resulted in this point drop. Viewed the details on each result.

Seems that Catalyst 8.3 drop your 3DMark points. :)

Well, the ATT works perfectly. :) THANKS!

Im still waiting on to have that "CrossFire overclock". :)

2D/3D autooverclock works perfectly to me. So thanks for that. And its nice that you can do custom fan cycle to each profile.

20. Ray Adams

Ray Adams Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD6950
    Disable OSD for 3dmark.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.