Bill Gates Could....

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Solinari, Mar 4, 2008.

1. Solinari

Solinari Guest

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    A billion is not a million million, there are short scale and long scale, the US always used short scale so a billion is one thousand million, now most countries use short scale now.

56 billion is 56 thousand million, not 56 million million.

2. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    That's probably true... But I not one to give up that easily. Little by little perhaps reason, facts and figures can sink in to even one hopeless "bleeding heart" lol

3. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    I hear what you are saying.

I have a quick and ready response to your post but I don't want to be banned for offering a valid counter-point to the “bleeding heart” agenda.

Let’s just say you are far more optimistic than I am about changing the minds of certain people as their view point is in many prominent psychologists/ psychiatrists opinions stooped in severe mental illness.

I'll leave it at that.

4. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Definitely not! Your average person hasn't got enough brain power to comprehend how much 'smack' that would by them, never mind anything else!

Mass distributions of that much wealth would destabilise the economy of most countries!:wanker:

5. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Most people aren't responsible enough to even receive a million dollars and would fritter it away. I work at a financial institution, and it was an eye-opener to see how many "average" folks have serious debt and will have crappy ass retirements, unless we are forced into all of these entitlement programs.

6. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    True, credit reports often show folks are heavily in debt. Giving them more will just mean they will piss it all away.

7. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    dont you know most rich people get there by stepping on others toes?
    without him, the pc industry would not be no where near like it is today, sure he stole alot of ideas from steve jobs and company, good thing too otherwise we'd all be forced into buying overpriced hardware with giant apple logos on them all starting with i-this or i-that.

before windows 3.1 or even windows 95, lots of companies had thier fair chance at taking the OS market, amiga and apple especially...they failed, in more areas than just OS features btw, and when the internet started to become popular to the common consumer, MS marketed it better and gave people what they want, no one else even tried really till it was too late.

8. Lex Luthor

Lex Luthor Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060

I'm not surprized!

Cheers,
    Lex

9. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD

Didn't both Microsoft and Apple steal it form Xerox?

10. dimpleboy

dimpleboy Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800gt alpha dog @ stock 600
    once you give, the more people will ask for giving.

11. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    it was survival of the fittest among the OSes in the past.

12. dukedave5200

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    Xerox had "The Xerox Star" which had basically the first desktop GUI with menus.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    From left to right: an Alto, a Star 8010, and a Star 6085.

13. dukedave5200

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    I am not actually very optimistic, just persistent... lol

14. anwaypasible

anwaypasible Banned

GPU:
    evga / 7900 GTO / 512mb @ 676/1554
    stop feeding people money!
    they will never learn how to make that money on their own.

focus on loans.
    good people will pay back and ask for more loans and pay back.. all the while we can do something with the interest made.

15. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    he didn't steal halo. And he worked for his money, why shouldn't he be entitled to live in the house of his choice?

16. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    not really, Xerox invented the mouse and software gui. they tried to lease/sell? ..to IBM. however IBM thought it was stupid, especially the name "mouse".
    Xerox wasnt too enthused about demo'ing it for Apple, but steve jobs loved it and bought it....at least if my memory recalls correctly.

Gates was working with Apple to create business software i believe, so bill had exclusive hands on with Apple's latest top secret technology, once he saw the mouse/gui, he told balmer "I want it" and stole it fair n square :)

theres a great movie about the whole thing, how both Gates and Jobs got it all started as well as their personal lives at the time and how it ended called "Pirates of silicon valley" very interesting. came out a few years ago, it might be on netflix or something

17. eat@joes

eat@joes Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire AMD 6850
    Apparently 56 billion dollars can't make a 64 bit operating system work with a wireless network card. Better yet;
    (think arcade)
    You have entered a new graphics card; you have 0 credits left. Please insert 2 more Windows.

18. ayakaza

ayakaza Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon 6800 XT
  19. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    I hope thats a joke right?

Otherwise if it isnt then your looking sillier than you appear as its not microsoft stopping 64 bit and wireless cards working its your wireless card's manufacturer.