Enough with the "Whats the best driver" topics

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by bodean, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bodean

bodean Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire 7970
    Thank You.
    :bang::bang::bang::bang:

2. Tantawi

Tantawi Member Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX3070
    I support this campaign :D

3. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    While we're on the subject....what's the best driver for my STB Lightspeed? It's vesa local bus. 32bit all the way.

4. acrane76

acrane76 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GF 8800GTS KO 512 MB (G92)
    I second the motion....can we include the people who do not understand DDR memory....."My core speed seems ok but my memory is running at only 800 mhz and the spec says 1600mhz. Is there something wrong with my card?"

:biggun:

5. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Unfortunately, due to the nature of a web foryum, we are goiong to experience users & posters with less knowledge than our almighty selves.

If a thread annoys you, ignore it.

People will ask what they like, and there will always be others not as ignorant as yourselves willing to answer.

6. outfromunder328

outfromunder328 Member

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GTS(640mb) @700/2000
    Perhaps a sticky explaining exactly why driver/gfx card performance varies system to system is in order.

A lot of people (including me) come to this site because they don't know the answer. Even if it gets annoying, I think questions should always be supported, otherwise all we have are hundreds of people telling each other how stupid and wrong they are.

7. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    The most stupid question : What is the best driver !!
    Answer : The next of the next , of the next ... driver !

8. acrane76

acrane76 Member

GPU:
    EVGA GF 8800GTS KO 512 MB (G92)
    The problem is that people tend not to use the search capabilities of the forum. That would solve most of these issues. It would be nice if the forum would not get saturated with the same questions.

9. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    After all you started like that. You did not born knowing didnt you?

We could simplify things with useful guides for commons questions or FAQS

10. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Thank you for enlightening us with your 3 months of experience here.

There have probably been many threads about this very issue (i remember lots before anyway), so you're basically doing what you're trying to say others shouldnt do.

11. Unstable_Hero

Unstable_Hero Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 295
    People come here for help not the cold shoulder, if you dont like it don't read the threads. It would be nice to have a faq to point them to though... maybe we can make one..

12. saif

saif Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X DualX OC
    people dont born knowing, you cannot force everyone to know everything as you do...

there are possible solutions:

1)Ignore them

2)Copy/Past the best driver on fast reply :)))

3)Make a Sticky with:

a)Videocards Category with its most recommended drivers

b)Explaining how to find the best driver accordly (most people will still ask which one other people think it is for their videocard)

13. Vector

Vector Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 770 FTW 4gb w/bkplate
    A new campaign!

'What are the worst nVidia drivers'

14. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    What are you lot, children? No body is either forcing you to read and/or reply to any of the threads that pop up asking for new drivers. If you don't like the threads then don't read them or answer them, simple as that. Stop being knobs and accept the fact that people ask stupid questions when the information sits right infront of them in a long list of forum posts about said drivers and those said people are just lazy c*nts. Mind you the internet is about convenience and it attracts such people to it that are not accustomed to using initiative and their brains in general. If you really want to make a difference then open up a center for forum nooblet training with topics like "Use the search feature".

The rules on the forum stand such that you get the right to post and reply pretty much about anything you like without fearing discrimination, so maybe you better buck up and accept that. As for this elitist thread, it deserves a good flaming.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  15. Uli

Uli Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 512 Crysis Ed.
    Can we also get rid off the "nobody is forcing you to read" answers

16. Exostenza

Exostenza Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 GT
    So what would the best driver be for me. I like to play Games like The Dig and Full Throttle. I hope my 8800 GTX over clocked can handle that stuff... I think I need the best optimized drivers you know?

17. Curtimus

Curtimus Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI HD4870 790/4400
    Has no one noticed certain drivers perform better with certain cards? And sometimes an older driver might be better than a new one in certain situations? Have you never tried a new driver only to find the last set was actually better? If we're tweaking our overclock to get that extra 2~3 fps and a driver can improve that by a certain margin- then shouldn't we share that with others? Yes.

18. ragtag

ragtag Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 980 SLI
    I support THIS campaign :vader:

19. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The OP would surely like the Riva Tuner section :p.

20. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Cat 5.9 will work a treat lol

The fact of the matter is, the difference between driver revisions is generally <2% in performance, with most changes due to bugs etc with certain software.

Sure, sometimes there will be a driver released that will give a nice boost in performance across the board for a particular GPU - but that is generally for a new GPU, and has little to no effect on cards more than a year old.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.