Very Poor Perfomance on my ATI x1950pro 512 AGP

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Grigoris0r20r, Feb 4, 2008.

1. Grigoris0r20r

Grigoris0r20r Member Guru

GPU:
    Ati Sapphire X1950Pro 512 AGP
    can i connect 2 psu on my pc?the one connected with the motherboard and the HDDs and the DVD recorder,and the other PSU only for my Ati.

2. Grigoris0r20r

GPU:
    oh btw i found a psu by Corsair.http://www.corsair.com/products/vx.aspx but it have only one cable with 6x 4pin connector for peripherials and the 12v rail gives 41A.but if i buy that one i have share that only one cable with my HDD and the recorder.is it gonna work for me?and like i saw your PSU too have only one cable and u sare it i think with your HDD and everything.right?

3. Grigoris0r20r

GPU:
    never mind.tommorw i am gonna buy a psu and i am waiting from USA to ship me the Dual PSU adapter so i can connect them both on my pc and!hehe!

4. Bombero

Bombero Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire x1950 Pro AGP 512 Zalman OC
    OK, You might have misunderstood...when I said nothing else on the same cable as the video card.....I meant when you have a cable coming from the PSU that has 1-2 or 3 connectors...do not share them with anything else but the Card.....

Yes I run 2 Hard Drives and a DVD Burner on a seperate cable, but the Video Card is on its own....does this clear is up a bit?

You Do Not! need 2 PSU;s or any special adaptors, just one that has enough Amps for the card...and the one you gave me the link to looks good....

now all you need is 2 sticks of 1 GIG each dual Channel ram to make all this happen like you want it too................goto

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=P4i65G&s=478

and learn about this board for what Ram to get

5. Grigoris0r20r

GPU:
    oh ok my mistake then!i need to get something better for cooling my cpu.....i can overclock it much more but the heat dont let me go....i think i am gonna buy a watercooling kit....u know i got the worst air intake in my case....believe me.just tell me what tempetures do u have on idle and full load.thx!

6. Grigoris0r20r

GPU:
    oh btw i found that i have bios 1.01.do i have to update it or not?what do i gain if i update the bios?

7. cr1515

cr1515 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire hd 4870 x2 stock
    Hi, I'm new to these forums. I can see that your pc is very similar to mine. lol Anyways I have a bottleneck and couldn't help very much since I need to replace this stupid celeron.

Back to Topic, I think your problem is the drivers. Make sure you uninstalled previous vga Drivers, since I had this problem. If you did so try a format, it always works ;) Check for spyware and install latest 8.2 Drivers.

Hope this helps. :D

Btw I too have low fps but I think its because of the celeron

Last edited: Feb 18, 2008
  8. Grigoris0r20r

GPU:
    hey there!!!!welcome to Guru3d first of all!i hope u have a perfect time here and believe me u r gonna find many people that can help u if u have a problem.i tryied everything.:)not the latest 8.2 yet tho....i use omega 7.10 now.dont know.soon i am gonna buy a 2x1 ram kit.so.....we will see!thx for posting and helping btw!have a great time.

9. Bombero

Bombero Active Member

GPU:
    cr1515,

if you dump that Celeron and go with a P4 3.0 (800 fsb) and up your Ram to 2 gigs (2 sticks of 1 gig on this board) , you will have a very nice setup for just a few extra bucks, just get a nice cooler for your CPU and a Zalman for the Vid Card (read my first few posts on this...) and you can overclock both for a Very Nice boost!
    :banana:
    also go with the Omega 3.8.421 (7.10 cat based) drivers for the best results on this card!

10. cr1515

cr1515 Member

GPU:
    hi, thanks for the warm welcome. Well tomorrow I'll be getting a P4 800Mhz. However I don't have the money to buy new RAM :(

Before I was using the vga I was undergoing with 1GB Dual channel however after I installed the vga something happened and it wouldn't read one of them. The most weird thing is that they weren't the same brand but were being read as dual channel :O . Anyway I'll try with a p4 but if I don't get a sufficient fps boost, I will have to buy a 2 GB Ram kit.

P.S: Could you state how much fps you are getting in some of the games Grigoris0r20r and Bomber. 10x

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008

11. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    Upgrading to P4 is endline, useless path, the P4 dead long time ago, if you upgrade so upgrade only to Core 2 Duo or Athlon 64 X2, i'm sure u will need new motherboard as well.

12. Postalisback

Postalisback Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 760 TwinFrozr 2GB
    Agreed, don't even see how that can be considered an upgrade considering we are now well into 2008

Try and get a Core 2 CPU, you won't regret it. :)

13. Bombero

Bombero Active Member

GPU:
    I was just making a suggestion to the P4 for the board he already has, a Core 2 would be a nice upgrade...BUT he has an AGP video card and there are not many if any Core 2 Duo boards in AGP...so instead of new motherboard, video card, ram and CPU.....just upgrade what he has to a P4 3.0 for like 45 bucks and enjoy that for a while... my 2 cents

14. arctic89

arctic89 Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 3850AGP
  15. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    Asrock are decent transition boards,supporting a variety of processors, DDR+DDR2,PCI-E+AGP, so you could use most of what you already have and update parts one at a time instead of several at once. the only cons I can think of are the fact if you overclock, they aren't great for it and you'll spend more money buying 2 boards instead of 1.

16. Grigoris0r20r

GPU:
    if you want my opinion u can upgrade your system with and AMD athlon 64X2 6000+ for about 180bucks,buy a 2x1gb kit for about 70bucks i think and then the asrock mobo where u can have agp and pci express 16x vg slot on one mobo.thats the new kit i am gonna buy soon.about the fps on my games?60fps or more on PES2008,on Just Cause everything on HIGH over 60 FPS all the time without any problems and for newer games at around 40 to 60 fps.i dont know what do u want.do u want a system that can play games perfect the older and the newer games or u just want a system that can be good for about a year?cause the newer games are gonna be much more difficult to play with a P4.i suggest the AMD.

17. cr1515

cr1515 Member

GPU:
    well I got a P4 3.00 ghz yesterday and my God what a difference. Cod4 i used to get 20 - 60 fps with a celeron. Now I'm getting at about 70fps 1024 X 768 everything maxed out. The only weird problem is that when I overclocked my P4 the fps lowered drastically lol instead of becoming higher. What the Hack ? :S

Well Grigoris0r20r, after getting the 2 GB Ram kit did u notice any difference from the 1 GB Ram ? 10x

Btw I just want for this pc to last a 1 year more in Games so ... the 2 GB Ram will be my last upgrade, if you noticed a differnce after getting the 2GB Ram kit.

10x in advance and gl with your future rig ;)

18. Grigoris0r20r

GPU:
    yeah ofcourse i noticed a big difference!so u overclocked yeah?u know this mobo we have its bad for overclocking cause we cant change the Vcore.btw i've send an email to AsRock asking them how can i unlock it!:plol.if i find a way that i can unlock it i will tell u.the u r gonna see much more higher performance!how much did u overclocked it?

19. Grigoris0r20r

GPU:
    they just responded to my e-mail....

Dear Sir,

We are sorry this motherboard does not support Vcore adjustment.

Thanks for your understanding.

Yours truly,

ASRock

grrrrrr!hm.....do u think that i have to pin mod my cpu?:plol.

20. cr1515

cr1515 Member

GPU:
    well , I oced to 3.5ghz and got 50fps less, my god call of duty 2 instead of the usal 125fps ig got 50fps with 3.5ghz. Anyway, hopefully I will buy 2GB Ram next Saturday, if ure syaing u got a difference