512 agp x1950 Sapphire Graphics corruption issue Need Help

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by iKatrina, Feb 10, 2008.

1. iKatrina

iKatrina New Member

Hi all,
    When ever im playing a game (besides ET:QW) bout 15minutes in i get this issue.

[​IMG]

i have a sapphire x1950pro 512meg agp card
    ive tried alot of drivers omega included

this is not a heat issue and i doubt its a PSU issue but if any1 has any suggestions or ideas or has seen a similar problem please try to help will be most apreciated

Could it be a problem with VIA chipset on my mobo?

Other than this the card runs great, awesome performance for alittle while then these weird graphical errors

Rest of my specs:
    3x512 DDR
    80gig Seagate HDD
    AMD64 3000+ 2gzhz
    MSI k8Tneo mobo
    PSU: Antec 450wat

2. Smeagol19

Smeagol19 New Member

You might want to check this out - It certainly helped me

I had the same problems with my card (Sapphire X1950 Pro Ultimate 256MB DDR3 2XDVI PCI Express). I found this info on the Sapphire forums - it has proved most useful for me.

The main culprit, as I identified it, was Anti Aliasing (AA). If I turned this off in any of the games I didn't have a problem. If I turned it on, I got the screen corruption.

I don't play the most taxing of games - Portal, Half Life 2, C&C3, Guild Wars (C&C3 was particularly bad; it would corrupt not long after starting a mission).

Anyway, using Riva Tuner seems to have done the trick. You can find the Riva Tuner here. It has the links to download the latest version.

Post #16 on the above Sapphire forum link (here) is what I found most beneficial, "Using Riva Tuner I finally settled 628/776 (1552). The card is absolutely stable. I looped 3dmar06 SM2/SM3 tests with full AA and AF for roughly an 1.5 hours and not a single sign of corruption. I even had the control center, vpu recover, and advanced catalyst AI running. While the memory clock is disappointing, it is still well above a stock x1950 pro and bumping up the core has more than made up for the the hit on the memory. For the price of the card and the included zalman cooler, this is a manageable set back."

I matched my card to the same settings, and I've had no problems since - with AA on or not. Also, I have noticed no degradation in the graphics quality.

You have a slightly different card, but I imagine the problem is similar. Hope this helps.:bang:

3. iKatrina

iKatrina New Member

Thanks for the reply I will ttry this over the weekend

4. Bombero

Bombero Active Member

GPU:
    Saphire x1950 Pro AGP 512 Zalman OC
    ok this try this, use the Omega 3.8.421 drivers (7.10 cat based) these run absolutely perfect on my system....I had all kinds of problems befor them, including the one you have now. Also check and see how many amps you have on your +12 volt rail on the PSU is should be in the 30's for this card, and if you even try to overclock you better have a Zalman or better to do so! Case cooling is also a factor here, this card runs hot out of the box, so anything that will contribute to the temps will give you an issue. Dont forget before you install the Omega drivers to uninstall the old ones (in safe mode) with Driver Cleaner Pro first then....the Omegas........

let me know if this helps.

5. iKatrina

iKatrina New Member

Havent had time to rebuild my system and put the 1950 back in as of yet.. i have 2morro off so ill try all these suggestions and let u guys no how it goes. Thnx for all the help

My card never went over 50degress whilst it was installed