RivaTuner and SLi (XP)

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Surfa, Feb 20, 2008.

1. Surfa

Surfa Member Guru

GPU:
    ATi Sapphire HD5870
    Hey all, Well i recently went back to Rivatuner after getting a 780i board etc. Now i want to OC my cards a bit further before i hardmod them, but what i notice is that when i OC the top card (also using the DVI to the monitor) it isnt OC'ing my bottom, i've proved this through GPU-Z and Ntune reporting the same. I dont use Ntune at all i just used it to check if it was right or not, anyway, Am i doing something wrong? Thank you

Oh and by the way, if i try to overclock the 2nd card it is grayed out so i cant change that one. Thanks again

2. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    thats wierd. are you sure you have sli enabled? when i boot up rivertuner it only gives an option to overclock one card, wich overclocks both.

3. Surfa

Surfa Member Guru

GPU:
    ATi Sapphire HD5870
    Yes SLI is enabled, 3Dmark im getting 130 frames per second on proxycon which isnt possible with 1 card and Crysis plays super smooth at 1920x1200 all high on DX9 with 8xAF, now THAT isnt possible with a single card. Im not really sure, GPU-Z is proving it wrong.

I just use rivatuner to test how it the OC reacts before i BIOS flash them to said speeds. Right now i have them both at stock GTX speeds, but that was before i got the 780i series which has them way more spaced out then the old Nforce 4 SLI series