Graw

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by gridiron whirlw, Feb 5, 2008.

1. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I am enjoying the heck out of Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter.

Has anybody else played it?

I am on the 4th mission right now, and each mission has taken me approximately 90 minutes to complete!

I just love the strategy and tactics you must use....this is definitely not just your run and gun type game.

The overhead map is just killer, and detailed to beat the band.

This is one of the harder games that I have played, and I am playing it on normal.

Awsome game IMO and I will be getting the 2nd game also. :)

2. NowhereMan

NowhereMan Guest

GPU:
    GTX 470
    Haven't played in a while, but yeah, good game. Takes a lot of patience to play. Not for the run and gun player.

3. Retrolock

Retrolock Guest

GPU:
    G1 Gaming GTX 970
    GRAW2 is kinda hard, you die often, even in easy mode. Or maybe I just suck lol

4. maddy2012

maddy2012 Guest

GPU:
    GTX 980 Ti
    Nope your not alone there, GRAW 2 is possibly the most stupidly hard fps ive ever played

5. bfGDennis

bfGDennis Master Guru

GPU:
    Bfg GTX 295
    I have it for the 360.. its definately more strategedy then most fps games out there also I find the shooting/aiming abit awkward

6. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    that's weird...when i played graw 2 i thought it was much easyer then graw..

7. Verga_del_Brujo

Verga_del_Brujo Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4670 512mb
    How do you do to not get angry with the AI of this game? I like this kind of tactic games but my teammates in single player destroy all the fun. Brothers in Arms series is so much better.

8. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Well, yes, my teamates do some dumb crap, like looking in the wrong direction and stuff, but every now and then they surprise me with a great kill also....so if I get a few kills a piece from them, I figure they have done their job and I will take it from there. It really does not bother me, I guess I don't expect that much from computer AI.....lol

9. dshramek

dshramek Guest

I feel they improved a bit on the AI in 2. I loved 2 so much more...They really improved the graphics/animations, too. Not everything looked so brown...lol...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Leodie

Leodie Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I just ordered two GRAW2, so i can play with my friend in Co-op mode :)

Great game, worth the money! :D

11. Grahf

Grahf Guest

GPU:
    MSI N580GTX Lightning
    Towards the end of the second mission, I realized I had absolutely had no idea what I was doing.

I could *PLAY THROUGH* the missions, and I could survive......but I had NO CLUE WHATSOEVER how to effectively control my damn teammates.

I'd love to give the game another chance, but I just couldn't figure how you're supposed to effectively use your teammates; it's not that it's too complex, it's that it's too awkward. I figured I must've been doing something wrong.

I have absolutely no trouble playing other tactical, squad-based games like SWAT, RB6 Vegas, etc. I just have no freaking clue how to be *good* in GRAW and how to make it not feel so damn awkward and clumsy.

Is there a video or tutorial or something that I can see that shows how to actually play this damn game??

12. Rumpus01

Rumpus01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1060 3GB
    GRAW 2 for 360 was amazing! GRAW 2 for PC was completely different and not nearly as good. The 3rd person character for GRAW 2 looked phenomenal.

13. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    I do not know about a video or anything, but I suggest you give it another go, and just experiment in a mission....thats what i did.

I found out that using the overhead map, which is really detailed, you can plan a kick a$$ strategy....you can also give your team mates orders on the overhead map.....once you figure it out, it is soooo much fun.

14. ss8541ss

ss8541ss Active Member

GPU:
    5870 ati x 2
    over at ghostrecon.net they have a mod that totally changes the look of the ghosts in graw 2 as well as adds lots of new weapons, it's called brettzies weapon mod...think it's version 1.4 now. there are also lots of different cammo mods out there.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2008
  15. Kon$olE

Kon$olE Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070
    The first few missions was one of the most frustrating FPS experiences I've ever had. But once I got used to the slow gameplay style, I really enjoyed the single player campaign. I thought it was really well done.

16. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Same here!

I just recently reinstalled it, and this time around I am loving it....I only played the first couple missions the first time and was so frustrated, coz i could not run and gun...it just don't work...lol

I am really enjoying the experience this time.....it is slow and strategic....and loads of fun....great game indeed.

I guess the title should give it away that it is a slow paced game...I mean "Ghost Recon".....lol.....I guess I just thought i could run and gun in ANY game....WRONG :wanker:

17. Sobek

Sobek Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280
    I found GRAW 1 to be similarly awesome, and I enjoyed every bloody minute of it.

Then I played 2, and couldn't work out where the hell they went wrong. Cheesy lines, poor voice acting, plenty of broken scripts in missions and lots of truly ridiculous situations.

I've still got GRAW 1 installed though, it's just a solid, fun game.

18. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Thanks for those screenshots of GRAW 2 dshramek

I will be playing one game in between graw and graw 2

I am looking very forward to it :)

19. gridiron whirlw

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    Just finished it up, what great fun....long hard game, but so darn enjoyable.

I wish they were all this good.