The Indiana Jones 4 Teaser is HERE!!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by sava700, Feb 14, 2008.

1. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Seems the US trailer has been CGI corrupted by the MPAA.... they've removed the guns and added aforementioned US flag.
    International versions of the trailer are uncut.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/35630

Last edited: Feb 15, 2008
  2. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT

LOL.. the main purpose of the flag is for Memorial Day weekend hype.. as for the guns well thats uncalled for and really stupid..I hope they go under alot of fire for that.

3. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC
    stupid, anti- american, pre- concieved thought patterns of the usa is what i see. do any of you have any idea how many versions of a movie there is before the final editing cut is made for public playaback?

if you dont like it, dont watch our movies then... since other countries provide such great cinematic experiences you should have plenty of other choices eh?

not to mention telling a story through visuals is important to a good story imo. us flag shows american soil without overexplaining to audience members,.. as does the ***** flag tells audience members thier in ***** territory. using visuals and action to tell the story over excessive jibber jabber,and thats how we like it.

4. Andrés

Andrés Guest

Weave a big ***** flag covering the whole screen and I assure you you will get a lot of feedback to say the least.

5. Terrorizor

Terrorizor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX260 SC

actually the camera panned from the american flag to show them driving away from USA soil, then panning across a room with ***** flags to show where they are going to end up. which makes perfect sense.

to get anything more than that from it,.. like i said.. is pre-concieved thought patterns towards america and the flag that represents it to begin with.

otherwise the human brain wouldnt initially "go there" unless those thoughts were there anyway before watching the trailor.

6. Andrés

Andrés Guest

7. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    huh? :3eyes: xenophobic much??

Did you know that the first Indy films are technically British movies... our tax breaks making their existence possible (just like the Star Wars movies ;) ). Plus nearly all the cast, crew and creative team were British... that's all the props, sets, costumes... and so on. We did all the work. ;)

So the Indy franchise is as much British as American. Personally I don't give two hoots about the US flag being in the US trailer. I mentioned it about as another example of difference between the trailers.... which is interesting given the discussion we have already had about it in the thread. Clearly, it's ominous from the international trailer was a good decision.

The MPAA censored the trailer.... you should be pissed at them. The International trailer is the proper "completed" one you know.

8. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    I did! Great film! Cheers mate! lol

9. Flukester

Flukester Banned

GPU:
    eVga GTX 260 Core216 896M
    The movie is set in the 50's not the 30's. It's 20 years later.

10. VashTheStampede

VashTheStampede The Humanoid Typhoon

GPU:
    GeForce 7800 GT PCI-E water cooled
    hahaha awsome

11. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    why is the america movie industry within the last 10 yrs or so been so consistant with either re-hash of older movies or sequals from 2 generations ago?

from the rehashed crap of "the fog" and "damien" to rambo 4 and rocky 6?
    whats next? another Highlander or a prequal to friday the 13th or something?

seems hollywood is slim on good ideas for movies anymore. sure there are some somewhat original movies here and there but none to ever be considered as a great classic or nothing.
    but thats just me looking at it from a general perspective, my personal perspective is that i havnt seen a movie i liked since i was a teenager and rarely even watch tv muchless movies.
    i did see saw 4 last night and it sucked, the suckiness never ends

12. dukedave5200

dukedave5200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    BFG GTX 285 OCX - SLI
    99% of the time they do what they do to make more money. So, most likely they think, making sequels (or prequels) or remaking past movies will get them money. And sadly, they are probably right.

13. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    There new good movies out somewhere every week... week in week out.

Off the top of my head...
    - There will be blood
    - No Country for old men
    - Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford
    - Eastern Promises
    - Zodiac
    - Juno
    - Lust Caution
    - All the Boys love mandy lane
    - Le Vie en Rose
    - Bug
    - Cloverfield

I could go on and on and on... and they are only from the last couple of months.

It's actually a bit irritating when people say there aren't any good films nowdays... especially when they say the last film they watched was Saw 4 (!!!).

I don't have anywhere near the hours in the day to see all the movies I want to watch, and I'm currently unemployed . Keeping track of the good ones so I remember to add them to my rental queue is a pain in the ass. Today I watched The Treasure of the Sierra Madre and THX1138... I'm currently watching The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada... none of which I have seen before.

I wish they would stop making such good movies.... I don't have the time to watch them AND all the good movies that came out in other years where people also said there weren't any good movies.

14. Loster

Loster Master Guru

GPU:
    TUF 4090
    CGI cut

I hate CGI cuts. Back in time when i wanna see an uncut movie so i was watchin for the lenght of that movie. The longest the more uncut it was.
    But with CGI they can add and cut everything. They will be ten versions, like uncut , directors cut, deluxe version etc.

Like this IJ4 trailer, the shoulder part is an another persond as the lower part of the body:

[​IMG]

15. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    that would only be opinion. i could probably watch those you listed and still dislike them, i only watch on occasion more for spending quality time with g/f when she wants to more than me actually wanting to, but as i said i'm not a video type person, i can't dis-associate myself nor can i ever empathize with characters that i cant interact with, often times it feels as if i'm just sitting there staring and i cant forget or offset my mind if you will to what i'm physically doing (that being sitting motionless...odd i'm sure but doubt i can do anything about it. now video games i can, likely cause i'm interacting with something, same with computer..guess i need physical interaction of sorts to keep me entertained?

thats just me and likely in minority and why i asked previously from a general perspective and not my own, when i was a kid it was different as movies could capture my imagination but now i just dont get into any aspect of it, i tend to think about other stuff ...guess you could say i have ADD when it comes to movies or television. although certain old cartoons i can watch just fine if their not too long. i enjoy pink panther, woody wood pecker..etc on dvd from time to time.

16. Joey

Joey Guest

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Ah... so the problem isn't hollywood only making crap movies.... but your attention span.

17. Recrofne

Recrofne Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    I think you're missing the fact that Transformers were the best toys ever, right there next to Legos.

As for the American flag thing, who cares? It's a flag, get over it. I bet they're racist too, using mostly white actors. Seriously, people nit pick too much, what happened to just enjoying the movie?

Also, I wouldn't be so quick to judge a movie by the trailer alone. Trailers often show things that never make it into the movie or are altered in some way. I am Legend is the most recent example I can think of.

This scene:
    [​IMG]
    Not in the movie, but clearly in the trailer.

18. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Heh, the second image has Norwegian subtitles :p

Anyhoo, I'm rather skeptical towards this film as a whole. I'm not really fond of the whole continuation of old classics - I think they should leave them be. But we'll see...

And there has been some great films from the US over the last few months. Joey already mentioned many of them (though American Gangster deserves mention too). Sadly most of these films don't end up as huge boxoffice successes though... No Country for Old Men was simply out of this world! Absolutely fantastic. I'm seeing There Will Be Blood this week. Cant wait!

19. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    lol, it wouldnt suprise me a bit. funny how movie industry is like that. i dont think i've ever heard of a movie where asians for example were racist lol
    but in real life here in america the word racism is immediatly directed towards caucasions which is also funny cause its not about skin color anymore but stereotypes

20. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I was sure this trailer would be shown before Jumper in theaters..I saw it last night which was a really good movie but no Indy trailer.