evga 7600gt artifacts issue

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by demeez, Feb 14, 2008.

1. demeez

demeez New Member

Hello, long time lurker first time poster, I've been having a problem lately with my evga 7600gt 512 agp. I have an AMD XP 2800+ , 1gig ram, running windows xp professional. The problem is when running counter-strike 1.6 I get these particles all over my screen, different places some times, others graphics are completely screwed up.
    The problem is this does not occur in any other game, hl2 runs fine, hl2 deathmatch, pro evolution soccer 2008. CS I have this issue, it's fine if I run the game in direct3d but it runs choppy and if there's too much happening on the screen there's severe lag, open gl used to work then I had added some video correcting registry tweak to override the default 16bit quality and since then it gave me issues however I have since formatted several times, have tried different drivers all to no avail. The only drivers that allowed me to run CS fine in opengl were Z-Tweaked drivers but then anything more demanding simply ran like crap so I really don't want to resort to that. Here's a screenshot of what happens, let me know if anymore information is needed, thanks in advance.

[​IMG]

2. demeez

demeez New Member

Nobody?

3. demeez

demeez New Member

Here's a screenshot from Pro Evolution Soccer 2008. I tried Z-Tweaked drivers and cs seems to be running normal if I put it in 32bit mode, 16bit still has some choppiness but look at what's going on in this game now. I had an X1600 Pro 512mb before this from Sapphire which I had bought used and it started giving me artifacts and issues and eventually stopped working all together so I went and picked up the 7600gt as a temporary resort until I could afford to build a new rig but I can't even enjoy any games on it anymore, what else could it be? Failing motherboard? PSU? Its a 400w RAIDMAX, my mobo is a Gigabyte 7N400 Pro2, I have 4 fans in my comp plus a Thermaltake Volcano 11 so I don't think its an overheating issue, the video card is running at a steady 56ยบ, is there anything I am overlooking? I'd really appreciate some feedback not just page views, thanks.

[​IMG]

4. dwax

dwax Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7950 & VF90
    I would try and change drivers and see what that dose. I have one of theXFX 7600GT in one of my other PC and it don't do that. But I have a 450W PS so it might be to upgrade your PS.They aren't that much. I think I paid 25 or 30 bucks for it

5. NobleKnight51

NobleKnight51 Master Guru

GPU:
    8800GT 512MB PCI-E
    i doubt a new power supply will make a difference. I ran my pc on an generic 400w, it ran fine, until the power supply was getting crappy because of the load.

reduce your core clock and memory frequencies and try new drivers. also clean out your video card, make sure it doesnt have dust on it or any hair in the fan. be careful not to scratch it though.

if you keep getting artifacts you probably have a bad memory module or something else is up on the card and you either need to deal with it, get an RMA, or buy a new video card. unless someone else has other input to put in.

6. demeez

demeez New Member

Well I'm not sure which of the two did it but I uninstalled the old drivers, cleaned it, installed the drivers that came with my card. Then I updated my mobo's nforce drivers and I read up on my bios and found out about the hidden advance settings and changed the agp aperture size from 32 that it was set to 256 but it kept locking up so I switched it to 128 and its been running fantastic, all games are running properly now and at higher settings. So I'm not sure if its the aperture size or the nforce drivers but it works so I don't care! Thanks for all the suggestions.