171.23 XP-32bit Beta Feedback Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Pav_37, Feb 13, 2008.

1. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB
    Nhancer keeps crashing with these - happening with anyone else?

2. deathvirus

deathvirus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2070 MaxQ 8GB
    Naah .. works fine for me ..

3. painter

painter Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6GB

OK, found out what was causing the crash - I set a higher than default Pre-render frames value in the driver CP. Returning it to default or lower prevents the error.

4. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    QFT You keep putting your name any where you want. hell i might start doing it too:thumbup::thumbup:

5. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    just how does being able to adjust the pre render limit benefit SLi users?

6. madlax

madlax Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GX-295N-HWFC
    Interesting that this driver solved Oblivion crashing problems. I have crashing problems with my 8800GT and Pro Evolution Soccer 2008. Can any kind 8800GT user post feedback on this particular game with this driver? I won't be home anytime soon to test.. :(

7. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 12GB
    Your crashing problems might be related to your CPU over-clocking too you know, are you sure that your OC is entirely stable? Have you tried Blend testing with Orthos, Prime95 and OCCT? Have you tried Memtest86+ for at least three hours on test number five?

As for me, I've tried those news drivers and they gave me an extra 14 points in 3DMark06 :)

8. sava700

sava700 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080GTX FWT
    I want a download link to these from Nvidia's Official or Beta site please.. thanks

9. madlax

madlax Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GX-295N-HWFC
    Yes, overclock is entirely stable and primed with all stability programs. I've been having this damn PES2008 crash since I bought the damn 8800GT (I had a AMD). Besides, the crash occurs in stock settings as well. :bang:

10. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Just grab them from this thread, as you'll be waiting a while for Nvidia to put them up, they aint put any drivers up yet this year, way back in December they last put up some drivers.

11. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    whats wrong with the link provided? it safe and fast ;)

12. beleaf_17

beleaf_17 New Member

GPU:
    XFX Alpha XXX 8800GT 752/1836/875
    Hey I'm having the same problem with my XFX card (640Mhz edition) using stock speeds as you do. I haven't tried new/beta drivers yet, the workaround was to under-clock memory to 875Mhz ;-(. I'm using S1 with 120mm Yate Loon blowing on the memory w/heatsinks. At idle I get 34C and 43C at load ;-). The memory used on my revison of Alpha Dog is crap !!!. Try to underclock your memory and see if the problem goes away, the old PES 6 crashed on me few times, but PES2008 crashes everytime after few minutes of gaming with memory set to 950Mhz. With memory set 875Mhz I was able to play 2 full matches ;-) Possibly I don't have to go as low as 875, but I didn't have time to find sweet spot.... I've already opened a ticket with XFX support today. I might RMA the card...

BTW.... it is my first post so hello everyone !!!! :)

13. anth_15

anth_15 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4090
    So does the fan speed start up at 100% with these drivers?

14. FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4090 XLR8
    NO :D

15. FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4090 XLR8
    Welcome!
    Mmm I've been playing PES2008 for 4 months now, and I've never had any crash Oo. I'm using 8800GT SLI, I played a lot (even organized many PES tournaments on tuesday nights on my computer hehe) under Vista x32 mainly with 169.13 drivers. I tested PES2008 under WinXp during 1H with those 171.23, everything was fine. Dunno what's wrong with you :/ And I have an overclocked system...

16. refraction

refraction Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 768mb
    well it defo speeds up some! I was playing oblivion for about an hour and my machine almost sounded like it was ready to take off, n i know it wasnt my cpu fan cos thats manually controlled by a front fan controller :p

17. FrenchKiss

FrenchKiss Master Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX 4090 XLR8
    Well, when I installed them, the fan speed was ok. After that, I always speed up the fans to 45% (fixed) so I can just hear them a little and get a simple overclocking stable. If you don't use Rivatuner at all... I can't tell...

18. xankazo

xankazo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1060 SC (6GB)
    downloading this now, to test it later. they look promising.

19. Nano74

Nano74 Member

GPU:
    MSI 280GTX OC EDITION
    i see that vga temp up 2 degress and cpu temps at the begening cores temps were a little warmer, but later this temps got to normal.I think that 171.17 is a good driver but with temps re not goog, i dont know this is may experience.
    Any bopdy have this same problem?

20. beleaf_17

beleaf_17 New Member

GPU:
    XFX Alpha XXX 8800GT 752/1836/875
    Hmm... Perhaps it is related to XFX cards:

http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?p=2579454
    http://www.soccergaming.tv/showthread.php?t=151768

I've seen some peeps complaing about similar issues with different card makers such as EVGA and BFG though, all pointing to crappy memory. I'll try the new drivers and I'll post my results later on.

BTW... the game is awesome, even better after I've enabled 1680*1050 native resolution on my LCD.