COD4 clan?

Discussion in 'Guru of 3D Clan' started by Rodman, Nov 24, 2007.

1. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    I'm in! :)

2. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    IP 74.52.143.12 BFG

How is everyones ping on this server?

3. m41c0m

m41c0m New Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT 512mb@600/1800
    I am in

Nice, i am in

4. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    If any of you want to get together and play on the bfg server lets set a time. How about Thurs night (or day dep on where you are) 11:00pm eastern time U.S.

5. Me Rock

Me Rock Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    Hey there,

I've been pondering getting a COD4 division for guru going lately, and I just stumbled upon this thread. Back when it was alive, I lead the 2142 division.

I have good news though. I have a really sweet internet connection (15 megs down, 13 up) and I host a TeamSpeak server and a COD4 server.

First thing is first, however. To make any gaming community more fun, you need to connect everyone with an instant messenger. Everyone who is interested in playing COD4 needs to add "fredbobjoe" to your Xfire list. (If you don't have Xfire, get it.)

I'm still working on getting the COD4 server to work how I want it to, but my TeamSpeak is fully operational. Come on in and myself or Pentavius will allow you to register. (Say that Me_Rock sent you for Guru3D)

206.192.244.120:1337
    Password: pork

I need to know what you guys want me to run on the server. Maps, gametypes, everything. I have been playing with it on Hardcore Team Deathmatch. I'll post the COD4 info when it's ready.

Best Regards,
    Me_Rock

6. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    Im in ive just started playing though im only level 4 ;P

7. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    X-Fire crashes my games, can't use it:3eyes:

8. Me Rock

Me Rock Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    Xfire should work fine on just about any game, you just need to set things up right. My guess is that your computer might need a reformat. If you want to be able to rally your players quickly and efficiently, you need to have everybody on xfire.

Also, the COD4 server is mostly up, but for some reason it isn't wanting to broadcast itself on the server browser. You can join by IP, but since it doesn't broadcast itself, only people who join by the IP are going to be able to join.

To join the server via IP, hit your ~ button and type /connect x.x.x.x:x

The IP is:
    204.192.244.120:28960

9. masterchiefx2

masterchiefx2 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 280 Sli
    lol 1 half day im level 26 and theres a easy mod to get level 55 straight away lolllllllllll

10. -DeathAmongUs-

-DeathAmongUs- New Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX275
    Hello all, I was searching around looking for others that wanted to help create a COD4:MW clan for PC... I see a lot of yall enjoy the game and seem to really want a clan... Well I already have a website setup, HBPForums.com, with an active TS server available. Im also on Xfire as well... Come on over to the forums and sign up... It looks like you already have a good bit of info on servers lined up...lets do it.. lets create this clan from the ground up -

-DeathAmongUs-

Email me at TheYoungGuy@gmail.com

11. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750

12. -DeathAmongUs-

GPU:
    EVGA GTX275
    Good Good... I'm not seeing you on the user list to activate. What name did you use. For some reason its not showing you as Rodman.
    Email me with your info and I'll get you setup...
    Login?
    Pass?
    Email Address?

-DeathAmongUs-

Last edited: Feb 13, 2008
  13. -DeathAmongUs-

GPU:
    EVGA GTX275
    Disregard, I got you taken care of... Email has been sent to you...

-Post Away-
    -Death-

14. Me Rock

Me Rock Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    Excellent. I'll register shortly. What needs to be done is we need an active member list to keep track of members and an event calendar to keep track of events.

Example of a member list/roster: http://www.clanguru3d.com/roster.php The website of the old Guru3D clan still remains. It's pretty much dead now, but it had good organization with members. It didn't have a good calendar on it though.

But to really make things work, everyone needs to have (and use) Xfire! When someone is on Xfire whenever they are online, it's really easy (and instantaneous) to communicate with one another.

On a different (not necessarily lighter) note, the COD4 server is coming along, but barely. It's being stubborn about a few things. Don't be surprised if it's offline a whole lot. I'm wrestling the Linux server application for COD4.

UPDATE:
    The COD4 server is now up and running fully.

Name: Me_Server Hardcore (Will change once we get something official going on)
    IP: 206.192.244.120:28960
    Slots: 16 (+2 Private)

Hardcore Team Deathmatch on a wide variety of maps

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  15. Me Rock

Me Rock Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI 5770
    Perhaps we should not use a different clan's website?

Just a thought.

16. -DeathAmongUs-

GPU:
    EVGA GTX275
    I am simply offering a fresh start to a new clan. I have everything buy the servers setup and ready to go... I'm all for making this democratic... I would like to have a clan council or something similar available as leadership... If you check out the forums, hbpforums.com, you can view the structure I have and let me know what you think. I think we create something good here.

-DeathAmongUs-

17. =XE=NOVA

=XE=NOVA New Member

GPU:
    bfg 7950 ko 512mb
    I seen this thread and thought if you guys want to play on a server come join ours. we have 3 servers 2 public and one for matching and a modded one that we are working on now with new maps with the AWE 4mod.

We are a gaming community and have been around for the past 5 years.
    we are always looking for scrims or people that like to match.

come join one of servers to day and stop by or site http://www.xtremeeagles.net and check us out.

our cod server ips are..

8.2.0.192:28960 hardcore server
    and
    4.79.145.62:28960 our awe 4 modded server with custom maps.

hope to see you guys on the battlefield.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2008
  18. TheLagCity

TheLagCity New Member

GPU:
    Geforce 8800 GT 512MB
    - No advertising salesat all.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2008
  19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I'm in for the Guru3D COD4 Clan, im going to order a Gameserver next month, 20 slots not big thought, i aint that rich for a big cod4 pub server :p my Xfire: revlar add me :D

so yea this server is for the Guru3D clan :D i can make the leaders/co-leaders Admin...

Last edited: Jul 27, 2008
  20. Strifey

Strifey Member

GPU:
    VisionTek HD 4870
    I like your port :p 1337. I might be interested(sent you an invite on Xfire)