[TwinTech 8800GT 512Mb HeatPipe Edition] Core temperature reports 0.

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by SinRJ, Jan 27, 2008.

1. BailA

BailA Guest

GPU:
    Ati Radeon 5870
    Thanks'!!!!!! :banana:
    Work great! :)

2. MArCoZ

MArCoZ New Member

GPU:
    PoV 8800 GTS 512
    Thanks a lot, it works for my twintech 8800gt heatpipe edition. :)

3. Sway Dizzle

Sway Dizzle New Member

GPU:
    Xpertvision 8800 GT
    For Xpertvision 8800GT works perfekt. Thank you very much.
    Temps are 47° idle, 70° when using AtiTools artifact scan for a while. Gfx fan is slightly "modified".

4. PIRATA!

PIRATA! Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA
    Thank you levicki for your fix ;)

Unwinder..I have an important question about my italian guide of RT....
    I have just sent you a private message.

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2008

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Reading release notes does the magic:

- Improved NVThermalDiode.dll hardware monitoring plugin. Now the plugin supports G84, G86, G92 and G94 thermal diodes. Please take a note that G92 thermal diode calibration logic seem to be broken in this GPU, that is why the plugin uses approximated conversion of raw G92 thermal diode reading to temperature similar to ASUS SmartDoctor software. Such approximated conversion can be really inaccurate, that is why it is strongly recommended to use the plugin only on non-reference design G92 based display adapters not equipped with external ADT7473 sensor.

Just select NVThermalDiode as data provider for "Core temperature" graph on v2.07 and newer to get the same approximated temperature readings on any G92.

6. PIRATA!

PIRATA! Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA
    Ups! I am sorry....I forgot about this... :)
    Thank you very much for the reply.

How can we understand which one are "non-reference design G92 based display adapters not equipped with external ADT7473 sensor"??

Other question about the thermal sensors: which thermal diode is better to use on which graphic processors?
    I mean....on 8800 series for example is it better to use the NVThermalDiode or the ADT7473 sensor?

I have a 8800Ultra and I have higher temps with the NVThermalDiode.dll:0 (in idle 58.24 °C), while with both ADT7473 (I have two of them -- .dll:0 and .dll:4) I have lower temps (same for both -- in idle 50.00 °C).

Thank you for the help.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Such display adapters will monitor temperatures as 0 in RT (with default data provider) and in all other tools.

Thermal diode temperature provided by NVThermalDiode plugin is prefered for all GPUs besides G92.

8. PIRATA!

PIRATA! Guest

GPU:
    XFX 8800 ULTRA
    Thank you very much! :)