RivaTuner 2.07 approaching

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Feb 4, 2008.

1. 790

790 Member

GPU:
    Asus GTX1080 8Gb
    1. If I have understood correctly, will be possible to enable/disable several applications by one key?

2. Is it possible to run a system sound, internal speaker or other '.wav' by threshold in 2.07?
    Ok, we will wait Riva 2.09...30 for such easy f*** option...

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

1) It was possible with 2.06, 2.05 and many many other older versions.
    2) The same as above

3. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Guest

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    lol buddy, I saw it and was just double checking on what I read.

4. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    I would like to say that Riva Tuner is the best program out for all my graphics card needs. Nice job and thank you for updating it as each build just gets better and better.

However I'm bummed that no option for driver only operation was added for those wanting to use a basic/simple, non conflicting overclocking utility. Having shader overclock sets RT apart from the rest.

I know you mentioned it would never happen, but I still hope in future builds the option is added;)

In a perfect world using Vista 32bit and RT would go like this.... Power up pc. RT starts at a driver level setting my overclocks/ fan speed and temp monitoring. Later I choose an option that needs to let RT run with full admin rights. At that point UAC prompts me to allow the program to run, I click ok and RT runs with all options available. I shut down, next day I power up, overclocks are set and no UAC prompts:)

However I will note that Unwinder should not have to bother with options around UAC. Microsoft should add a setting in SP1 that allows the user to select and allow any program starting with full admin rights without UAC stopping it.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008

5. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Dont Talk like that about a free program.

6. gooface

gooface Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    great work as always,

does your beta team not include members of the alpha team that tested 2.07? because i was in that, and I didn't get into this beta release.

7. Unwinder

I've forwarded beta version only those alpha-testers who actively participated in testing.

8. Stefan Payne

Stefan Payne New Member

Will it be possible to monitor the Video Memory usage under vista?

9. Unwinder

Do you see it in the release notes? I don't.

10. Stefan Payne

Stefan Payne New Member

OK, good point.

Will it be planned in future releases or is it impossible?

11. Unwinder

12. gooface

gooface Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 780
    im not going to argue, all im going to say is I didnt come up with and problems (well i had some systems that acted weird with the alpha) i didnt come to a conclusion that it was rivatuners fault, maybe it was. i have it on 5 systems, so i dont understand, if i came up with some serious issues i would of posted about them, I just didnt apply for the position to get the latest version, I applied because I wanted to see the new features and wanted to see if there was anything that my systems would have issues with them, and i would of posted if i was sure about something. but whatever, if u dont think I should beta test, thats your choice.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2008
  13. dwax

dwax Member Guru

GPU:
    XFX GeForce 7950 & VF90
    Don't feel alone gooface, I was bumped too. My website was hacked and it's email. Could not log into it.:( But will be happy to wait. :)

14. jpvino

jpvino Member

GPU:
    2-msi Hawk 460 1GB
    Thanks, unwinder, Your hard work is much apreciated!

15. blitze

blitze Member Guru

GPU:
    Power Color 4870 1GB PCS+
    unwinder, would it be possible for RivaTuner to allow us TV out folks on Nvidia chipsets to force component out?

At the moment I have to manually tell the Nvidia control panel every time I start Vista and it would be nice to have an app that allows for me to tell the Nvidia drivers once and for all that my TV-out is Via component 576i.

Just a time saver and would round off a great piece of tech you have given to us.

16. Unwinder

No, sorry. TV out related things is not an area of my interest, I never use it myself and cannot offer any tweaks related to it.

17. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    with RT 2.06 GPUZ shows only one card overclocked in SLi. with 2.05 GPUZ shows both cards overclocked.

will 2.07 allow both cards to be overclocked? sorry if the notes stated this but i didnt see anything pertaining to this issue.

18. Unwinder

Read release note more careful:

- Added workaround for NVAPI GPU handle leak issue under Windows XP. It is no longer necessary to disable NVAPI usage and loose independent shader domain overclocking features to get multi-GPU overclocking working under Windows XP.

19. Burnt_Ram

Burnt_Ram Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1050 Ti
    sorry i missed that paragraph. none the less it's great news. thank you.

20. Intel-Inside

Intel-Inside Member

Wow, i just seen this post and i need rivatuner so badly for my 8800 gts as the older version DOESNT SUPPORT MY DRIVERS as it says and i have no fan control what-so-ever.