120mm fans

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by JohnMaclane, Feb 1, 2008.

1. JohnMaclane

JohnMaclane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    8800GTS 640mb
    What are the best and most silent 120mm fans? ive been browsing frozencpu to buy 2 replacement fans and i cant find any, i need them dead silent and preferably with blue LEDs, the problem is it seems as though the silent fans all don't have LEDs but id rather buy a normal fan which is silent then one with LED.

So what do you guys suggest?

2. masterman

masterman Banned

GPU:
    VisionTek 1950pro 635/790 Omega7.10
    Bestbuy and circuit city has them , no wait !!

3. Pzykotik

Pzykotik Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC RTX 2070 AMP
    I've got two Xilence XPF120R Red Wings in my case, I can barely hear them... And they push/pull a hell of a lot of air around. Screw the blue LED... Stick a cathode in your sytem!

4. Pitman

Pitman Master Guru

GPU:
    Gainward GTX 260
    Ive got a SilenX 120mm blue LED fan and thats next to silent with pretty good performance

5. iako

iako Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 580 LIGHTNING
    Sharkoon Silent Eagle (Golf ball) series.. with or without LEDs. I tried a set of SilenX fans... they did not perform the way the spec suggests... made soem weird noises too... ..the Sharkoons I have now push more air, are just as quiet (maybe quieter) and have brighter / better placed LEDs.

With LEDs

Without LEDs

6. Sheninat0r

Sheninat0r Active Member

GPU:
    eVGA GeForce 7600GT KO
    No LEDs: Noctua NF-S12/NF-P12, Yate Loon D12SL-12/D12SM-12, Scythe S-Flex SFF21D/SFF21E, Scythe Slipstream 500/800/1200 RPM, Nexus Real Silent Case Fan 120mm D12SL-12 [manufactured by Yate Loon], Sharkoon Golf Ball 1000.

LEDs: Sharkoon w/ LEDs, Yate Loon w/ LEDs, maybe Antec Tri-Cool LED on low. Nexus fans have white blades and look nice if you shine a LED on them from outside, if that's your thing.

7. Anuban

Anuban Member

GPU:
    2 eVGA 8800GTs 512 SC TT DuOrb Fans
    I have used the Antec Tri-Cool LED in the past with my old Thermaltake case (the first ever Xaser) and it worked well and noise wasn't so bad.

8. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Antec Tri-Cool DBB fans are very good, but they cost.

9. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Hey Hyvry....I noticed your specs. Great memory timmings.....how you got them?

Voltage u use?

10. apintojr

apintojr Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    i agree, when ever i need 120mm fans i always go for Antec. there quite, reliable and they push out decent amount of air.

11. Hyvry1

Hyvry1 Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    2.1V
    It is running very stable at the moment. May try and tweak it some more when i get some time. Although i really want to push my clock up when i get around to changing the northbridge cooler, so i may have to back the timings off, or reduce the divider.

The memory is rated as 4-4-4-12 for 800MHz. I just set them manually in the bios, then once i clocked my system to 3.0GHz with a 1:1 divider, i changed the divider to 4:5. Then i changed the timings down as low as i could get them. They are not 100% tweaked, i don't have the time at the moment to try more combinations, but i may have ago this weekend.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2008
  12. rogue71

rogue71 Master Guru

GPU:
    2 x 5870 / 3x U2410
    the silenx blue led fans are probly the best bet for cfm vs. noise. on some of them you can hear the air they push, but the fan itself is silent. i have 2 92mm on my 8800gt.