I don't get why people like the XBOX 360...

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by HETT, Jan 25, 2008.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I didn't get it in the end... I still have PGR3/4 to finnish, also Forza2. I decided it would be wiser to use the £30 to buy some fuel for my car...

2. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    You can download the demo and try it out first.

3. Ankit kukreti

Ankit kukreti Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA Geforce 7600 GT
    One big disadvantage is that PS3 games here are priced much more than PC or PS2 games. eg: For 1 PS3 game you can buy at least 2 or even 3 games :bang: PC games can be technically more advanced but that does not make console games bad :p

4. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    do you know why ps2 games are cheaper??

Becuase there cheaper to make, and look cheaper :p

5. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Actually they are if they are in a CF configuration. Especially the HD 3870 X2 comming out. 20-30% faster than 8800 Ultra for 450-500 bucks is cheap. Picture that in X-fire. I know I do, as soon as I see them on Newegg im grabbin 2.

8800 Ultra was the last nvidia card ill use for a while....not impressed with 9 series at all personally, or the 780i.

6. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    I'd love to here what settings he runs at.

Unless he runs higher than 1280x720 @ max settings in all his games with max aa... And runs some games @ 1920x1080 @max settings then i cant see his games looking and running better. And dont compare games we know are crap, and old!

And YES, Burnout is an amazing game. The best i've played in a long time.

Consoles come up with some new, and good looking games.

Resistance 2

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 27, 2008
  7. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Resistance 2 looks absolutely stunning. There's a lot more to consoles than people give credit too.

Though one thing I've always said, is that there is a big difference between a fanboy and a gamer. A gamer goes were the games are, regardless of platform - a fanboy sits around bitching about everything par their prefered system.

8. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    its a shame it wont have That kind of AA and AF.

9. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    Ghost: i remember hearing performance claims about the upcoming "9800GX2".... but i don't remember anything about the 3870 X2. Besides.... that was more towards Hett's comment about not needing an 8800, when he's sittin there with an X3850, which he more than likely IS playing at lower resolutions if he thinks he's playing any console ported game better than the console can.

Besides..... there isn't really any word on how an actual 9 series card will perform. the supposed 9800GX2 is no 9-series. And in case you haven't heard.... the "9800GX2" also performs roughly 30% faster than the 8800 Ultra..... and is also supposed to cost around $400-500, and is replacing the 8800 Ultra. I find it kind of hard to imagine an X3870 X2 surpassing the Ultra by 30%, seeing as the last time i checked, i think the single version of the card barely surpassed the 8800GT, if at all.

10. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GTS (G80) @ 600/1800
    AF isn't particularly high on that screenshot, not something a 7 Series couldn't do for virtually no hit anyway, and Insomniac are awesome coders, check out both Ratchet & Clank and Resistance 1 to see how clean those edges are in both titles. It will no doubt look very close to those shots in my mind, just like R&C did much closer than the typical "bullshots" we're used to from most devs/publishers.

11. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    it will look the same, but will have jaggies.

12. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    It will look the same but I really think you should look closely at some screenshots of Ratchet & Clank and Resistance 1 to see what these guys, and the PS3, are capable of. Uncharted was also very close to the promo shots including the level of aliasing etc. It will be closer than I think you think it will, if that makes any sense. ;)

13. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    lol i know what it will look like.
    I know how they take there screenshots.

Its the same in any promotional screenshots...or photo mode.

In Renders in AA....

It will look the same in a sense....But will look completly different in another..

I know AA doesnt really matter when your fighting aliens....but it doesn get anoying knowing there are massive triangles everywhere lol.

14. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    I must admit it looks a little rendered.

But if they pull it of then wow.

But it will look very similar to what we see.

The maps will be huge, 60 player online!

[​IMG]

You'd think one of those things would be enough ;)

15. bahamut

bahamut Master Guru

GPU:
    I think we're missing each other's point. ;)

Ratchet & Clank and Resistance are both by these guys, Insomniac, and both have virtually no jaggies because both use antialiasing. If this trend continues hopefully Resistance 2 will also have a decent level of AA applied and we won't get the triangle fest that a lot of games turn into after seeing such gloriously smooth screenshots for promo purposes. :)

If anyone can deliver what they promise on the PS3 its Insomniac (or Naughty Dog or Polyphony (sort of) to be fair ;)).

16. Psytek

Psytek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x 260 GTX 216 SLI
    People seem to forget that 1280x720 is less pixels than 1280x1024. Consoles would die if you tried to run pc gaming resolutions on them.

17. (IRE)Wolfman

(IRE)Wolfman Guest

GPU:
    AMD 5700xt or 6700x
    True but some pc games that run at 1920x1080 are 1080i not 1080p

so the consoles when there.

Also most new games like Crysis, need a lower res.

But the thing is consoles used to play in 480i or less.

Most 360 games run in 640p

I dont care anymore though, as long as it looks good and plays good.

18. willvx

willvx Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTX 640/1880
    Sorry couldn't help myself...yeah Hett, I didn't see anything wrong with your first post, but your subsequent posts are becoming more and more aggressive. It's true what others have said that we all have different ideas, and it's one thing to share your opinion vs. trying to force it on others. Just chill man and don't let others egg you on with name calling and such...they're just as bad IMHO.

On to other news...Resistance 2 looks great and I agree with Bahamut that the gameplay will likely look as good as the screenies. Everyone said that there was no way that Ratchet and Clank would look as good as the screenshots and it did; same arguments about AA and AF. The boys at Insomniac really know how to push the PS3.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2008
  19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Halo 3 is a good example of this. Halo 3 has no real native HD resolution.

20. Alexstarfire

Alexstarfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce 9800GTX+ @ stock
    Wow, just wow. I'm not even sure what to say. You happen to have any proof of PC games running in interlaced mode? Cause I'd love to see it.