RivaTuner v2.06

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by Unwinder, Nov 1, 2007.

1. lillylittle

lillylittle New Member

Will this help me with my major problem??

I will copy what I wrote on another forum:

I have always had Nvidia Graphic cards but now I feel a bit cheated.

I bought a new PC and when using the latest Vista-drivers I can´t find a resioze option. Now when I connect my PC to the TV (a standard TV, not flat-screen pr widescreen) I can´t resize the picture. Now I get extra black fields above and under the picture and the screen looks like somethings pressed it together (everthing is oddly proportioned when I watch the PC picture on the TV).

When I had my old computer (with Nvidia graphic card) there was a resize-option in the cards control panel. Where is it now???
    What can I do to fix this? It feels worthless not being able to use th TV as screen when watching movies etc.

The card is a Geforce 8600.
    Please help me... I am sad

Is there a resize option if I use RivaTuner?

2. darkshadoku

darkshadoku New Member

GPU:
    Evga Geforce 7900 GS KO 256MB
    Hello i just dl'ed and installed rivatuner 2.06 and i followed the guild and set the fan profiles to 60% / 80% / 100%, the thing is it worked for about a day, and then my pc shut off about 3 times (well pc didnt shut off, monitor just went black and said "no input signal)

the problem is its stuck at that message now , unless i connect the monitor back to the integrated graphics how can i delete / reset the fan profiles back to the stock fan speed? if it wont let me connect to the video card? any help appreciated. thanks

p.s im on Windows XP

3. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Member Guru

Just uninstall RT but I doubt that has anything to do with your issue. It sounds like you set those percentages in the fan control section of System settings and they are not used with any high end card. They apply to certain low end models. I would say your card died from the sound of it.

For mid to high end cards you access the fans control for them under low level system settings.

Viper

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  4. darkshadoku

darkshadoku New Member

GPU:
    Evga Geforce 7900 GS KO 256MB
    i did set it under low level system settings, and are you sure it died? it doesnt smell like burn or have any physical signs of burn / melted on it, but like i said when i hook up the video card the fan goes on and everything, the only thing is i get the " no input signal"

5. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Member Guru

That sounds pretty damn dead lol. Since you know you get signal with another video card it is not the monitor or cables.

The only other thing you can do is see if the card works in another computer. I am betting it won't...at least not for long if it does.

Viper

6. madsherik

madsherik New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 512MB (G92)
    Hi people I'am new here. I never overclocked GPU. I just downloaded rivatuner. In the place where it is written ForceWare Detected i don't have customize button. Could anybody help me with that ????

7. ViperJohn

ViperJohn Member Guru

The Device ID for a G92 8800GTS isn't in the RivaTuner.cfg yet so you have to add it.

Open the RivaTuner.cfg file with Notepad.

In the [GPU_10DE] section change the line that reads:

G92 = 610h-61Fh

to

G92 = 600h-60Fh,610h-61Fh.

Don't forget to save the file after you edit it!!!

Viper

8. madsherik

madsherik New Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800 GTS 512MB (G92)
    Thx viper for your help!!! I'm gonna do it right now

9. lillylittle

lillylittle New Member

ic there someone who could help me?

I got a messegae on Nvidias forum to look up Riva Tuner as I have a problem with my new computer´s graphic card.

When I had XP and XP-driver´s on my old computer (with anotehr graphic card), there was a resize-option in the control panel, so I could resize the screen when watching something from the computer on TV.
    But now with thw 8600-card and Vistdrivers that option isn´t there.

I sthere anyway to get the resize option back? Is this available if I use Riva tuner?

10. antsh

antsh Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix 2080 Ti
    Hey guys, I have a quick question that I hope is just a result of me missing something in this thread. I have an 8800GT and am using Vista x64. I understand that me having to click to allow rivaturner to run at startup is an unavoidable issue, but I have come up against another "issue".

For fan control of my 8800gt, i have adjusted the automatic values in the low level settings of rivatuner, and they work great! The fan ramps up with temperature as expected and all is well. There is one issue for me, however. If I put my computer into sleep mode, upon waking up, the values in the auto section of the low level fan controls default back to original. Am I missing something, or is this just the way it is for now? BTW, i DO have the box that says "restore after suspend mode" checked.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

11. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    Hi,

I would like to know if RT 2.06 really clocks both cards when on SLI configuration?

GPU-Z shows that it is not the case. While when using RT 2.05, GPU-Z shows both cards are clocked.

I readed the very first post of this thread without finding anything to modify or add to get that SLI clocked via RTY 2.06 properly.

I did a test, not extensive shoud I say, on Crysis. And the association of RT 2.05 and for example drivers 169.13, or ~17, or ~21 is the solution I kept.

So is RT 2.06 less good than RT 2.05 for SLI OCing ?

Regards

Another question concerning the bioses of my 2 cards that aren't the same:
    is it a problem ?
    Both are XFX GTX, one has the 60.80.06.00.12 bios and the second: 60.80.0E.05( BTW it's that one that is appearing at the boot of the computer while GPU-Z, when opening, shows that one card being the second...)

So I am a bit confused right now.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  12. Nuieve

Nuieve New Member

GPU:
    GTX 580
    How can I make it display CPU load graph? It's not an option in the setup section of the graphs, and I don't know which settings to tweak in the "Power User". I tried similar as others (minrate0, maxrate 64, and set all the values starting from ShowInIcon and down to 0) but it didn't help.

:help:

13. aaltomar

aaltomar New Member

GPU:
    Club 3D 8800GT 512MB radial heatp.
    New Club 3D 8800 GT 512MB owner here (radial heatpipe sink version). For some reason I can't access the fan controls. Any suggestions? Core temperature can be read from the hardware monitor tab. Using the latest 169.21 drivers and Rivatuner 2.06. XP SP2.

Here's the link for the card in question:
    http://www.club3d.nl/index.php/products/graphics/item/307

[​IMG]

14. ToyTen

ToyTen Maha Guru

GPU:
    7900xtx Taichi OC
    I just installed a Ultimate Vista 64, and I can't run Riva 2.06 at the moment, can't no one help on this ?

Thx.

RQ: I installed the hotfixes for SLI and the KB940105 for memory adressing I think (in games or so, sry for my lack of accuracy)