crysis patch 1.1 is out

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by chalky, Jan 8, 2008.

1. Moegames

Moegames Guest

rotfl.. your high dude

2. Osuperman

Osuperman Active Member

GPU:
    ATI 5850
    Sorry dude, I am indeed using 169.28 :)

3. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    shush ,dont tell anyone:rock:

4. John Dolan

John Dolan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX 780 SLI
    I have just completed the game again this time with the patch.First have to say my fps have increased by about 10 fps now they fixed sli.started off using omega 169.25 drivers for vista 64 and had driver stopped responding bug 6 times first days play.Also found my save games taking longer and longer to save and loading games also.I fixed this problem by emptying my save game folder all but the last save.Today i played using the 169.28 drivers and gameplay seemed smoother still.Another problem i seemed to get is memory leak and the game drops to a crawl of 2 fps or so and the only way to fix this is quit the game and reload the last save.This game is still buggy and the performance still not what was promised in the hype build up to the release.I hope for the next instalment that crytek do the job properly.I wanted this game more than any other but feel disappointed with the finished game.This game needed another 12 months of tweaking and bug fixing.Ill think twice before ill buy the next instalment as the bugs in the game spoiled much of my enjoyment playing it.

5. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    is this patch worth reinstalling this game?

6. Copey

Copey Guest

GPU:
    960 2GB
    Well abit of a mixed bag to be fair, i found the patch very good and gained a good amount of FPS, now i can turn the settings up and in general the IQ seems to have gotten better, spose its down to you mate.

7. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Fair enough. I miss the days when you could have reinstalled windows and updated a game without worries. Crysis was one long assed install. The final battle was ok, but I feel the game felt half done.

8. Death X

Death X Active Member

GPU:
    VisionTek 4870 X2 2GB
    I installed the patch and after the game loads the screen goes black. The music keeps playing. I have to pull up the task manager and kill it to get back to my desktop. Then I get an encore performance from the driver stopped responding pop up box :bang:

I had not had the driver stopped responding box since about last summer WTF.

I'm using WHQL 169.25 drivers. Should I just take Crysis out back and put it down like an old dog?:biggun:

9. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Yeah, the game has such a powerful engine and a really good editor which can create so much, but it felt lacking in content, especially considering what it could do. It was far too run and shoot as opposed to stop and think / explore some.

10. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    The installer backs up the old shaders (some 300mb), so good thing the option of rolling back is offered. Not too happy with the IQ tbh, but I'll wait for newer drivers to see how things go.

11. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Btw, I feel the shaders were re-tweaked to give better fps at the cost of IQ. A little like choosing between High Quality and Quality in the Nvidia CP with the resultant affect on fps.

12. vlatko

vlatko Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon HD3870
    I'm noticing some real improvement in performance after installing the patch. I get close to none stuttering, perhaps only when the level is loaded, after that it's pretty much smooth sailing. Before the patch I used to get a lot of stuttering while attacked by a bunch of Koreans.

1280x1024, no AA, all setting high except textures on medium, shadows and water quality on low.

13. PeroTT

PeroTT Member

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 485 SC
    Thats what i did.

Crysis caused nothing but trouble for me, and believe me, i have tried just about anything to get it working, incl a re-installed os.

Somewhere you just have to draw a line:whip:

14. Death_LV

Death_LV Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4090 GAMING
    i have + 5--->10fps with this patch :) driver ForceWare XP 169.21 (32-bit) WHQL

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  15. RKOver

RKOver Banned

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 @ 900MHz
    I have only noticed a few more FPS... I play all on very high but shadows and shaders on medium with no AA and get about 33FPS.

16. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    OK, my views on the patch are changing, I'm getting a much different experience in Vista than with XP. I wasnt too pleased with the IQ in XP, esp with shaders on medium. But looks much better in Vista (DX10) and fps definitely improved.

I had practically abandoned Vista several weeks ago due its miserable performance in this game, but after a driver change (169.28), and with this patch, a big reversal in impressions! DX10 is slightly (only slightly) faster than DX9 now, was quite a bit slower before. And it looks better than I've ever seen it so far. Looks like I'm moving back to Vista now. :p

17. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    its a shame however the number of people that either too stubborn or lazy to see the changes and potential vista can have within time that you experienced and shared or just unwilling to admit after bashing vista's gaming abilities for so long and/or like doing so. i suppose if the OS and dx10 was created by a small company or other than MS, the views might be different to begin with.

18. UnclePappi

UnclePappi Banned

GPU:
    Asus 680 2gb 1250mhz
    I agree with the dx10 having better IQ part. All high dx10 vs. all high dx9 the dx10 looks better. But in my case it also runs just a tad slower than dx9. Before the patch though it was nearly unplayable in dx10. I'm on 169.25(will trying out the new beta in a few).

19. formula72

formula72 Guest

GPU:
    (SLI )eVGA GTX980 Ti
    I get the sluggishness issue as well, and have to reset my PC. A simple restart is not enough, I have to shut it down completely, flip the PSU switch off, wait 5-15 seconds, turn the PSU back on, reboot, load Crysis, and I'm off and running fine with decent frames. I'm not sure what causes this either. It might have something to do with the overclock via the chipset.

Crysis runs incredible on my system. I average 40FPS. The last battle was rough on my 8800GTS 320, where I was getting 5-10FPS. This 8800GTS 512 is averaging 30FPS. It seems the G80 can't handle certain algorithms, where the G92 can.

My best performance to image quality ratio (1605*1050) on windows XP32
    shadows::Med
    Post Processing:::Med
    Motion Blurr:::Med
    forget AA
    all else high.

BTW, Patch 1.1 did not make any noticeable difference. I get the same frames as before the patch.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2008
  20. roguesn1per

roguesn1per Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX580
    Not it seems the 320 mem and slower core/memory couldnt handle it :p