Police: Dad Threw 4 Children Off Bridge

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by JACK4HIRE, Jan 10, 2008.

1. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    That’s a little harsh don’t you think?

I agree with you completely about due process however; I don’t think the people posting here genuinely want to just shoot this guy in the back of the head without a trial.

It is very common for everyday people to express outrage in this manner however they very rarely act on that expression. It is completely normal for a layman to think vigilante justice would be better than our current system of government. How can they know any better when all they know of the law and law enforcement is what they see in the movies and on reality TV?

I think I read in the “what do you do for a living” thread that you work in law enforcement so you should understand that often time officers have opinions about how to deal with certain “problems” yet because of their positions within the community they 1) can’t openly express these opinions and 2) can’t act on these opinions because of personal integrity and professional responsibility.

As a cop I have listened to many outraged parents; friends and family members make threats and spew venom towards an offender yet I have yet to see any of them do anything really other than sit in the court room and watch the process play out even if that process is flawed.

A few of them I counseled to keep their mouths shut because what they were saying could effect their credibility and give the defense some ammo at trial.

Of course this man deserves a fair trial no matter what any of us think. Of course he and his defense team can put forth any style of defense they choose. That is why citizens in this country are guaranteed equal protection under the law (yeah right) and that is why officers of the court are sworn to uphold the law.

I didn’t have any real qualms about the current system of justice until I dealt with one particular case a few years ago. The specifics are irrelevant really. All that you need to know is that after dealing with that particular case I finally realized that our current system of justice is largely broken. It is still a better system than anywhere else even in its current state. This isn’t the forum for why I think it is broken but it is and as a LEO you should know that it is broken.

I decided I was tired of dealing with sh*t bags and the revolving door day in and day out so I transferred to a related field that kept me away from murders, sex offenders, armed robbers, criminal gang members and drug dealers.

I now teach and do white collar stuff.

2. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Funny you should say that (apologies for the off topic stuff) I'm also rather hacked off with the whole law-enforcement thing. I'm doing a whole raft of law courses at the moment so I can leave and become a lawyer.

It is right that people have a chance to sound off about stuff that is totally abhorrent like the apparent crimes of this bloke we are discussing but I hear this sort of stuff on this thread day-in day-out and it wears very...very thin, so perhaps I was a little harsh!

regards..

3. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    Just a madman can do it !

4. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    What?

5. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    Cool beans, I understand exactly what you mean about annoying posts.

So you want to become a lawyer huh? I hate lawyers; civil or criminal they are all scum bags - unless of course I need one to prosecute a case or protect me and then they are MY scum bag. ;)

I'm kidding of course.

Good luck.

6. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    Why, are you some sort of psychiatrist or psychotherapist giving his/her educated opinion? I'm not, but I have friends with imbalances, and without drugs it makes them into completely different people.

7. Crossfire

Crossfire Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS Radeon HD 4670
    Evil Bastard ...

I saw this on the news earlier.

The guy gets mad at his wife and wants to get revenge on her. So, he takes his kids with ages from three months to three years old and throws them off a bridge into a river.

This makes me absolutely sick. :puke2:

First off, what kind of person would do that to a little kid? And, what would provoke them that much to push them to the limit that they throw kids into a river?! The youngest one was only three months old! He never got a chance in life! He didn't even get to eat real food.

In my personal opinion, they should throw that sick mother f*cker off the same bridge after beating the sh!t out of him. But we all know that they wouldn't do that. They will put him in a cell and give him three meals a day and let him watch TV. That's why nobody is afraid to commit crimes anymore -- What the hell are ya' gonna do to me? After I do whatever I just get to sit around, eat, and watch TV! So why not go rape somebody, rob a car, and kill some people first.

Laws are screwed up now.

They should at-least execute him.

I hope they find their bodies.

- XeonPower

8. Satan

Satan Guest

GPU:
    some
    He'll get 2+ life sentences and will spend the rest of his days in jail. Drugs are probably at fault. I actually feel sorry for the guy in the sense that those who abuse drugs are often abused themselves in many ways, but it is real terrible that the kids have to come into the drug issues of the father.

9. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Its a sad story but thats life. Xeon is right but in prison they will make him suffer. Everyone has to be held accountable and since he had the sense to drive and consciously commit revenge, he wasn't insane.

Unfortunately justice system seems to have been taking a backseat. Look at the Abu Ghraib incident. You know the officer was cleared? Nothing, not even a slap on the wrist. I wish the worse to all the officers involved in the incident. They are scum.

10. UG_PL

UG_PL Banned

GPU:
    Asus HD3850 512MB @ 770Mhz/925Mhz
    You know what?! Some of you are seriously ****ed UP! And I mean it! ****ED UP! " Ohhh.. I feel sorry for him,he probably took some drugs and threw 4 of his own kids from a bridge!" Nahhhhhhh ,Cats are more important then people..!!!!! Give 2 teenagers life sentence or death penalty for cooking some stinky ass cat. But here almost everyone makes that crazy mother ****er not guilty!!!! You people care more for cats then people!!!!!You should be ashamed! So what that he took drugs? That makes him even more guilty!! He should not take them in the first place! They are illegal! This forum is full of sick people...

Last edited: Jan 13, 2008

11. Classic Satch

Classic Satch Banned

GPU:
    2xEVGA GTX 260 216 SC
    Jesus Jack, I get home from work, hop onto the Net for a bit and I get to read THAT! Thanks buddy. :rolleyes:

However, as it's been previously stated, let the justice system take it's course. That dirtbag won't last a month in prison and will probably be butt-rammed more than Boy George at a KY Jelly party in San Francisco.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2008
  12. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    lol, that was sooo wrong. Apparently in prison people like him don't last long.

13. Marlbro_Man

Marlbro_Man Banned

GPU:
    EVGA 7950GT KO 512mb

Alabama and Texas have very similar death penatly laws and Temporary instanty doesnt get you out of it, and this sounds like the kind of case you could get that, but not full blown as he did it from anger with his wife, and once your sane they can kill you.

Thought in all honesty, I say do it the old fashioned way for a sicko like this, erect gallos and on the Court House Lawn and hang him in public

14. Darkfall

Darkfall Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 8800GTS OC 640MB
    Get over it!
    That thread about the cat has alot more posts. So more opinions = what seems more importance, so thats probably why you came to that conclusion. And what was your view on that cat... quote "Don't see anything special in cats".
    Drugs do f**k people up, though it is not an excuse in my opinion.
    Has he been to court yet? What if...??? As hallryu says, "Armchair justice, its laughable." If he was judged guilty, maybe more people would be coming out with 'unreal' punishment suggestions.

15. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    lmao!

**EDIT**

Sorry dude, chill man, I was a little pissed at some of the responses too but hey were all different and we are going to disagree from time to time.