FireGL 8600 mod for 2900XT finally released

Discussion in 'RivaTuner Advanced Discussion forum' started by AlecRyben, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Aitortxo

Aitortxo Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080ti TRIO
    Wow, those are great news!! Finally the hacked driver working on a 64bit OS. If I could only have an ATI Radeon 2X00 series card at work to experiment... these "new" crappy quadro 1700 are nothing exciting performance wise to tell you the truth.

2. NormanBates

NormanBates Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD3870 / ATI HD4670
    I'm ever more convinced that performance is just a small part of it all

I regret having bought an HD2900XT instead of a quadroFX570, which is twice the price and half the performance but works flawlessly in any OS version I might be interested in, without me having to invest a huge effort on driver modding and tuning

whenever I get XP64 drivers without selection bug or selection lag for my HD2600@fireGL, I'll start being happy with it again (but I won't forget all these months of futile efforts)

3. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
    will xp modified drivers work in win 2003 server ?

4. Stefan_VTi

Stefan_VTi Member

GPU:
    PNY Quadro FX 3500
    I agree with Norman on this one... As much as I hate the way we get screwed with junk hardware for insane prices (especially the Quadro boards), the gains from softmodding are nowhere near enough to compensate for the lost income when I have to **** around for a day to get everything to play nice. (And yes I do own several Pro cards now...)

5. polypusher

polypusher Member

GPU:
    quadro 3400
    I agree...there are always various bugs even after you get the hardware working. I went ahead and saved up for the v7600. It would be nice to have the 512 bit bus and 1 gig of ram on the v8600 or hacked 2900, however the v7600 is a reasonably priced card for it's performance, and it does not have the selection bug everyone is complaining about with the hacked 2900. Save up for a v7600, it's well worth the price if you do 3d work in Maya, Max, Softimage or Lightwave. Anyway, AMD needs the sales bad. They made an incredible product here with the latest series of Firegl's.

6. UA_Iron

UA_Iron New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Quadro FX4500
    Just curious

has anyone used this hack on solidworks with larger assemblies?

7. vijaynair

vijaynair Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 320MB
    Has anyone got it to work on 64bit XP...
    Anyone got around the poly selection bug?
    I have tried the october driver mods and the bug is still present.

8. Marvel1964

Marvel1964 Member

GPU:
    XFX 6800 Ultra
    Any news about 3850/3870 FireGL softmod?

Excuse me, but my HD3870 is crying...

9. Johnpv

Johnpv Member

GPU:
    HD4870
    I used the patchscript that schoko (thanks mate) posted and the October released drivers and the poly selection lag is completely gone. The selection bug where it selects the object behind the one you want to select still seems to be present though not a bad as past drivers.

Personally getting these hacked drivers to run has been as easy as installing regular drivers. I paid 115 bucks for my card and I'm running a V5600 for it. Can't beat that IMHO.

10. UA_Iron

UA_Iron New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Quadro FX4500
    thats excellent news. Thanks for sharing.

What programs do you run with your 2600XT@fireglv5600?

11. Johnpv

Johnpv Member

GPU:
    HD4870
    Mostly Maya, with a little bit of After Effects, Photoshop, Sketchbook pro, Premier, and Illustrator thrown in for good measure.

12. Freelancertoday

Freelancertoday New Member

ATI Mobility Radeon HD2400 to FireGL

Hi all,
    does any one have experience with the mobile version?
    I am actually thinking of replacing my old laptop (Toshiba P20, NVIDIA Geforce FX Go5500). It was running fine with Inventor11 with NVStrap converting it in to a Quadro FX Go 700 but I was having a hard time finding the right driver due to the odd resolution (1440 x 900).
    In the moment I am having 3 different systems in mind:

ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 1350
    ATI Radeon HD 2400XT
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD2400

So if any one can give me some advice or at least tell me if the driver offer the mentioned resolution I would be grateful.

13. NormanBates

NormanBates Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD3870 / ATI HD4670
    to Freelancertoday:
    * I'm pretty sure you can add resolutions to your windows system, no matter how odd they are; I just don't remember how I did it when I had to, but I did it, so it can be done
    * there's some information about mobile ATI HD2X00 chips earlier in this thread

14. Freelancertoday

Mod for mobile?

ATI Mobility Radeon HD2600 to FireGL 5600

Hi all,
    does any one have experience with the mobile version?
    I am actually thinking of replacing my old laptop (Toshiba P20, NVIDIA Geforce FX Go5500). It was running fine with Inventor11 with NVStrap converting it in to a Quadro FX Go 700 but I was having a hard time finding the right driver due to the odd resolution (1440 x 900).
    In the moment I am having 3 different systems in mind:

ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpress 1350
    ATI Radeon HD 2400XT
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD2400

So if any one can give me some advice or at least tell me if the driver offer the mentioned resolution I would be grateful.

15. Freelancertoday

@Normanbates, thx for the reply and apology's for my stupid pasting.

16. vijaynair

vijaynair Member

GPU:
    EVGA 8800GTS 320MB
    Have you tried selecting the hand.ma from the specAPC...it used to stall like 6secs...
    btw I just installed the latest drivers from the chinese site and got the 2600xt modded to fireGL 5600....
    But, what is the patch that u used?

17. NormanBates

NormanBates Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD3870 / ATI HD4670
    Now we're talking about a completely different method, a bit more complex than the "just install these modded drivers" one we have been using for some time

instead of that, it is a "download a certain version of the official drivers (8.391.2.1.1.1), patch it with some script (using RivaTuner, that's why this thread is in this forum), then install those patched drivers you have created" method

the patchscript is the key here, and it is what schoko posted, I think
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2545291&postcount=178
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2554295&postcount=189

(somewhat old) general patching instructions can be found here:
    http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=227800&page=1&pp=15:

Last edited: Jan 21, 2008
  18. Johnpv

Johnpv Member

GPU:
    HD4870
    No I didn't use the hand.ma file because I have a scene I'm working on that contains a few million polys, selecting one of the objects in the scene used to be a good 14 - 20 second lag, now there is none.

I don't know the Chinese site doesn't work for me any more *shrug* and I used the latest patch script that was posted in this very same thread. Its just a little bit before mine from Schoko.

I see NormanBates explained it all.

19. NormanBates

NormanBates Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI HD3870 / ATI HD4670
    so Johnpv really knows what the selection bug and selection lag bug are... hurray!!! thanks a lot for the info, and goodbye my beloved lag!!

I'm not sure what you mean when you say the selection bug is still there "though not a bad as past drivers", but anyway, I'll try those drivers and see by myself, given they are a great leap ahead with respect to any older ones

now if this could also work for XP64...

20. maxtorag

maxtorag Member

GPU:
    Asus Radeon HD2900XT @ FireGL V8650
    and?

Hi guys. Maybe I am overlooking something, but is the shoko's script usable also for patching drivers to take 2900XT as V8600. Because I can see just line for 5600 and some general R600...so which line should I use/modify in order to get drivers to work with my 2900DXT?
    Thanks...