No cut-scenes or Mission updates in Crysis

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Samuri, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Samuri

Samuri Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Has anyone had any problem with the cut-scenes and the audio communication on Mission updates just not happening anymore? Ever since starting the Assult mission, I have not been getting the mission updates. I'll finish a mission, and all of a sudden I have a new mission... But I won't get the audio communication telling me that I finished and where to go next. I just finished Assult, the screen reduced in size like it was going into a cut scene, then expanded again and I had a new mission in my tasks. But I got no 'radio' communication or interaction. Just a green arrow pointing to my next location.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
    I could probably continue on, but I feel like I'm missing the story-line.

THANKS!

2. Dublin_Gunner

Dublin_Gunner Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    Have you deleted anything from the Crysis folder?

3. Samuri

Samuri Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I have added config files to the 'Games' folder, but have deleted nothing. Would you know what folder this information would be located in?

4. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Restart that level or try any earlier saves of that level (when mission updates were still working) and everything should be fine.

I've had a strange issue once, quite similar actually..I've saved the game somewhere in the beginning of the first level, when you run with your teammate to find dead Aztec (or whatever his name was), and my pc got messed up later..so I've reloaded a game from that part and everything was fine (at least I thought so), but later I've noticed that there was no second mission update after the founding of Aztec..so I've just roamed a bit over the island (in hope that second mission will eventually appear), but without any luck. So I've reloaded a previous save game and everything was fine.

5. Samuri

Samuri Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Ok, I'll try that tonight...
    If this does in fact work, do I have to re-run the whole mission again? ...I just finished it last night.
    And thanks for the help!

6. Sieras

Sieras Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 4GB
    Maybe there will be enough to continue from that part when the mission updates were working. If you'll fail from one point, just load other earlier auto save and you should be fine. No need to do the whole mission from the beginning.

Good luck!

7. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    You havent been messing around with the editor by any chance?

If so, you may have removed the trigger points, and saveed the map by mistake

8. Samuri

Samuri Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I'm not sure what the editor is or where it would be located. Like I said, I did go into the Games folder and created some autoexec.cfg files, and looked in the other files in this folder... but did not delete or edit anything. Would it be in this folder?

9. Dublin_Gunner

GPU:
    Gigabyte Rx 460 4GB
    re-name the autoexec.cfg to something else and see if that alleviates the issue

10. Samuri

Samuri Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    I already tried renaming the file... it did not work. That was when I decided to ask here for assistance.
    But thanks for the thought.

11. Samuri

Samuri Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 670 FTW
    Re-running an older saved game did the trick. Had to re-play a bit more than I preferred.. but I survived.
    Thanks friends!

12. Jeremy

Jeremy Guest

GPU:
    -
    If you don't know where the editor is and you want to use it, on the cd theres a folder called Sandbox I think and you install it for free from there.