*Sign* a new beta driver 169.28 Vista 32 & 64bit

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by NvidiaFreak, Dec 22, 2007.

1. Louike

Louike Member

GPU:
    XFX 6950 1gb
    I really like these, FMV video's dont stutter anymore, i dont have random 2 second delays in NFSMW, and AA works in all games i tried. (application controlled)

2. biglonglenthman

biglonglenthman Maha Guru

GPU:
    ASUS Extreme 8800GTX 621/2160
    That was fixed a while ago with a driver update

3. Slam

Slam Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2070 XC
    Yes, it does. Google it my friend. Internet is a wonderful thing.

4. bummerman

bummerman Master Guru

GPU:
    7970 tri-crossfire
    well, all I can say is that ut 3 game crashing goes away when I disable x-fi and enable on-board sound in Vista

5. Raidflex

Raidflex Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti SLI @1300/7500
    well these drivers actually fixed the issue with UT3 where after 30mins or so the game would randomly freeze every couple of mins for like 5-10 secs and then go right back to gameplay like nothing. All other games seem to be running on par or better then the 169.25's.

I do have a X-FI card but don't have any issue with UT 3 and that card with vista ultimate although I have 32-bit and it may be a 64-bit issue only.

When it comes to drivers each system can preform differently even with very similar hardware. Some people maybe just cannot grasp that there are 1000's of different combinations right down to the OC you have could even affect stablity and preformence with drivers.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2007
  6. Lacuna1337

Lacuna1337 New Member

GPU:
    MSI 8800GT OC edition 660/1900
    So it reduces the performance a little....ok, I'll wait for the next driver.

Hi, I'm new in here....hiya guys.

7. _RA_

_RA_ Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 Mini ITX
    i'm on 169.21 worth it install?

8. madlax

madlax Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX GX-295N-HWFC
    Vista 64 and XP 64 both have horrible sound stuttering in Crysis (I even lose dialogues that are simply skipped) with 169.28 and my Audigy 2 ZS. Sticking to XP 32... 169.28 performs fine here. :wanker:

9. Silent Shark

Silent Shark Member

GPU:
    XFX 8800GT
    Any release notes available?

I'm looking for info on a specific issue with the whole 169 series. I'm hoping they've fixed it, but even a mention would be great.

10. dsdsdk

dsdsdk Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX280
    driver is specific for UT3. something about flickering textures.. prolly the only change since .21.

11. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    I have these loaded up with Vista x64, fresh install and first drivers loaded.

They are working fine so far.

A bit off topic but I have used XP and Driver Cleaner since I can remember, what is the proper way to uninstall and clean? when changing drivers in Vista x64?

Thanks

12. Raidflex

Raidflex Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780 Ti SLI @1300/7500
    As long as there was no issues with the drivers vista will uninstall them correctly and driver cleaner is not needed. Ever since I have been using Vista which is about 4 months I have just uninstalled the drivers from add/remove programs without any issues. I have uninstall/installed at least 10 different drivers this way without any issues.

13. EagleClaw

EagleClaw Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 5870 1GB Vapor-X
    Excellent, thanks

14. tommcd64

tommcd64 Master Guru

GPU:
    Quadfire 2 4870 X2's
    I was having no problems in COD4 with the whql 169.25. I installed these and now I am getting the

Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

I removed these and used driver cleaner and installed the 169.25 again and I am still having this issues in cod4 only.

15. KENNYB

KENNYB Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800 GTX 648/1900
    No, when i still used my X-Fi, only just a few weeks ago, i still had BSODs. Booting that X-Fi is the best decision i've ever made.

16. mcharj11

mcharj11 Banned

GPU:
    BFG GeForce GTX 280 OC
    The Creative X-Fi drivers have problems no matter which driver version you use. For example the latest drivers for my Elite Pro fixed some games for me but now i can't play BF2/BF2142 without disabling the soundcard in device manager. Infact i can't even access the audio tab in the game options unless the soundcard is disabled or it will crash to desktop. This is on Vista 32 as well and everyone knows that creative are lousy at making drivers.

17. _NeO_

_NeO_ Master Guru

GPU:
    Inno3d 4070 x3 OC
    Well these driver's fixed freezing in UT3 and blue screen witch i was having whit 169.25 but now TDU is freezing and damn in numerous games i have lot's of shuttering...

18. FOG>Daheee

FOG>Daheee Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 Ultra
    Anyone out there using these and playing ETQW?

Do they solve the stuttering?

19. BarryB

BarryB Guest

GPU:
    Palit SJS 780 in SLI
    Well, installed these on Vista Ultimate 32bit and they've made performance 100% worse?

CS:Source Stress Test gave me a MASSIVE 79 FPS! I only get about 210 FPS in XP, OOPS!

Somethings not right there! Looks like happy days trying different drivers now :bang:

20. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE

wouldn't 100% mean they don't load or work at all???? Perhaps, 97% would be more accurate....

In all seriousness, i hate that set too.... Im on 17's still as they work the best for my rig.