Recommend my GF some games!!

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ScoobyDooby, Dec 25, 2007.

1. Chouji

Chouji Guest

GPU:
    19 inch flat screen
    Konsole that is so sexist.. and true :( i love harvest moon. I have an SNES emu on my psp, my pc, and my DS, Just to play snes harvest moon. (my favorite one) I even have a real SNES with harvest moon on a flash cart. (so i can transfer saves)

If she tried oblivion, give her cheats. or make her a 100%+ chameleon ring.
    I had to do that in morrowind when i was younger, make 100% chameleon rings/amulets simply cause i hated the cliff racers. (i did it in oblivion too, so i can steal stuff, more accurately, steal everything. broke 100k gold fencing using the "nothing in life is free" mod, which gave everything at least 1gold value.)

So you can see if she likes them with invisibility cheats. they greatly lessen the stress in games like that.
    Also a 1 mana, instant kill spell goes a long ways in offering that sense of security.
    Damage life 200 points for 3 seconds, in 1 feet.

OMFG i got it. I know a game!
    Uru: Ages beyond myst, with the To D'ni free expansion, AND the path of the shell expansion.
    Theres no killing, no other people, its a great puzzle game, though it can get hard sometimes, a walkthrough would be handy if she gets stuck to long.
    I played it, my daughter played it, my mother played it. And maybe even my grandmother. and everyone likes it. Very fun game, you cant die, you just teleport back to a safe haven.

2. Matt.Higgins

Matt.Higgins Active Member

GPU:
    Asus EAX1950XT 256mb
    Games my gf loves, while i jus sit there is:
    The Sims 2... bewarned she will make a family of you an her
    LOL

strangly Vandrende Pind is right
    my gf loves san andreas to my shock :p
    she tool over my PC, so i brought a 360 :p

Racing games always a good one aswell.

3. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ thanks for the ideas guys!

I recall installing some Myst games for my lady since I enjoyed playing the original myst way back when.. but she gets bored of them easily. She's more into the constant movement sorta games.

Like, I had installed syberia, and she barely touched it. She doesnt like the point and click at all :/

I bet there are a lot of older games though that she would like. i should look into getting an emulater for older sega/nintendo games for her to play on her laptop.

4. stereoxide

stereoxide Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus GeForce GTX 260
    This one comes directly from my girlfriend. She said try Psychonauts, and I recommend it as well. I totally forgot about it. She's gonna have a ball with that.

EDIT: ok my bad, didn't see your post a bit back about you checking it out. Well in any case you can just take this as a reaffirmation (is that a word?)

Last edited: Dec 28, 2007

5. DayDreamer

DayDreamer Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 580 @900,4300@1100mV
    have her play UT3, there are girls who play it.

6. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ pft. I don't even play U3 and I'm one of the biggest UT fans out there. But U3 for me is a steaming POS.. I wouldn't even let my GF play it. I'm embarassed just having it installed right now.

Besides, the twitch shooters she's not into at all. I know some girls may play it, but my gf is a pretty laid back lady.. and she only ever plays a game that she reallllllly likes.

7. blue5

blue5 Banned

GPU:
    evga 9800GTX (685/1115)
    Beyond good and evil, Black and white 1 & 2, Jade empire, Diablo 2, KOTOR 1 & 2.

8. jazziam

jazziam Maha Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 260GTX
    If you can wait, Alan Wake maybe be a good idea in the near furture.

9. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    ^ forget my gf.. alan wake is playing on my rig for SURE.

I dunno if she will like that one or not. Time will tell.

Beyond good and evil - Tried it.. didn't like it..

Black and white 1 & 2 - Will have to reinstall B&W2.. loved that game myself, and I think she may like it too.

Jade empire - Finished it

Diablo 2 - Finished it

KOTOR 1 & 2. - She' not into star wars at ALL. I could try, but she may not play it.

10. gridiron whirlw

gridiron whirlw Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3070Ti
    My wife just beat Tomb Raider Legend last week and has just started KOTOR.

11. GhostXL

GhostXL Guest

GPU:
    PNY EPIC-X RTX 4090
    Recommend to her Guild Wars. Free MMO and you can definitely make female characters. IT really plays more like an RPG than MMO for sure...

Last edited: Dec 29, 2007
  12. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    try Lego StarWars my gf love it

13. KCjoker

KCjoker Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    KOTOR 1 and 2. I don't think you need to be a SW fan to like those especially KOTOR 1.

14. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Guest

GPU:
    eVGA RTX2070
    There's always Hello Kitty Island Adventure. Okay really, you could always wait until Spore comes out.

15. ElDiablo2K3

ElDiablo2K3 Maha Guru

GPU:
    BFG Geforce GTX 295

16. bfGDennis

bfGDennis Master Guru

GPU:
    Bfg GTX 295
    the wifey enjoys playing Guitar heroes 3 for the 360 but i think the pc version is the same

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    Black and white? or black and white 2? get to be a god have a pet and shape your followers and pet to be good or evil, pretty cool games think i like the first b&w because it was more sandboxy and the ai for the pets is pretty darn good. Can probably pick up one the other or both in the bargain bin so not out alot if she dont get into em but i think they were good games.

18. Jolly-Swagman

Jolly-Swagman Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX-295 + 9800GT 512
    Yeah my wife loves The Sims2 has all EP's except Pets, also loves Racing GT3, and Need for Speed

another good one is Myst

19. basel

basel Master Guru

GPU:
    asus 580gtx 950/2200
    grim fandango , all girls dig it

20. Knighthawk1234

Knighthawk1234 Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI8800 GTS 640mb
    My wife loves Lego Star Wars. Plays it all the time. That is WHEN I let her. you know how that goes. Woman, get in the kitchen and fix me something to eat. that kind of stuff. Clean this crap up and so on.